My opinion of Moz-solo and general atmosphere of this place, and users.

dom

Thats How People Throw Up
I just thought I would voice this just cos I fancy doing so – sorry if this pisses people off, it’s not meant to.

I came upon Morrissey-solo as a bit of an accident - I was searching for Smiths DVD's on Google and a title link came up that looked promising. i clicked on it, and some strange brown and white forum looking page came up showing someone on here with a list of bootleg DVD's to trade, I wanted to reply so badly that I signed up in order to do so, hence the simple user name - dom - partly cos I was in a rush partly so I could remember it easily if I had to log on again. Now, 2 months later I am addicted to this site.

The beauty and fun of this forum is dazzling, but the madness never ceases to baffle me.

I know there are other links and search function options and the like to find out previously asked questions and answers, but does it really matter that much? Every day or so there are new members joining Moz-solo, all with their own uniqueness and support of Moz, all of whom have their own opinion and thoughts. A thread that has been answered a million times may seem pointless to be asked to someone who has been here since the early 00’s, but there will be equally many people who have only been here for a matter of months and wont know, so they will answer these questions.

Making a thread, no matter what the question, almost always conjures up new and different thoughts, even if it is the same subject as been discussed many times, because there are new people to answer and talk about the question.

And those who have been here for a while have been growing and experiencing different things in their time of being alive, so their opinions and experiences may change, and may have a different view on it from the last time. A thread started again doesn’t mean the SAME people have to say the SAME things.

But, if you insist that you don’t like the question being asked, that you simply CANT BELIEVE someone could be asking this question again, just DONT CLICK ON THE THREAD. Simple really.

Either way I won’t care any more or less about people who moan away at me, or at other newcomer innocents. I will do my best to accommodate the fair few hard core people who rip any thread to shreds if they see something wrong with it, and will try to please them to an extent, but luckily I don’t take life as seriously as they do. I can let a thread question that has been asked before pass over my head, in the same way that that my concern for how people act on here also passes over my head. I just thought I would throw this out there though, as I admit it makes my heart sink each time people act in this way.

What baffles me is the seriousness and often venom like comments people make on here, mostly over trivial and pointless things.

In my personal opinion:
Chill, relax, enjoy Moz, enjoy life, don’t take things so seriously. We are in a virtual forum, not a dictatorship.

Love and gladioli peace
dom x x x

Last edited:
I love you Dom for standing up & saying this. Well done & enjoy your time here, it has its fun bits it has its nasty bits, just take your time & watch & learn, you appear to have your wits about you.

love

Grim
P.s. oh btw it is a dictatorship though but I'll leave you to find it out for yourself mate.

I just thought I would voice this just cos I fancy doing so – sorry if this pisses people off, it’s not meant to.

I came upon Morrissey-solo as a bit of an accident - I was searching for Smiths DVD's on Google and a title link came up that looked promising. i clicked on it, and some strange brown and white forum looking page came up showing someone on here with a list of bootleg DVD's to trade, I wanted to reply so badly that I signed up in order to do so, hence the simple user name - dom - partly cos I was in a rush partly so I could remember it easily if I had to log on again. Now, 2 months later I am addicted to this site.

The beauty and fun of this forum is dazzling, but the madness never ceases to baffle me.

I know there are other links and search function options and the like to find out previously asked questions and answers, but does it really matter that much? Every day or so there are new members joining Moz-solo, all with their own uniqueness and support of Moz, all of whom have their own opinion and thoughts. A thread that has been answered a million times may seem pointless to be asked to someone who has been here since the early 00’s, but there will be equally many people who have only been here for a matter of months and wont know, so they will answer these questions.

Making a thread, no matter what the question, almost always conjures up new and different thoughts, even if it is the same subject as been discussed many times, because there are new people to answer and talk about the question.

And those who have been here for a while have been growing and experiencing different things in their time of being alive, so their opinions and experiences may change, and may have a different view on it from the last time. A thread started again doesn’t mean the SAME people have to say the SAME things.

But, if you if you insist that you don’t like the question being asked, just don’t click on the thread. Simple really.

Either way I won’t care any more or less about people who moan away at me, or at other new comer innocents. I will do my best to accommodate the fair few hard core people who rip any thread to shreds if they see something wrong with it, and will try to please them to an extent, but luckily I don’t take life as seriously as they do. I can let a thread question that has been asked before pass over my head, in the same way that that my concern for how people act on here also passes over my head. I just thought I would throw this out there though, as I admit it makes my heart sink each time people act in this way.

In my personal opinion:
Chill, relax, enjoy Moz, enjoy life, don’t take things so seriously. We are in a virtual forum, not a dictatorship.

Love and gladioli peace
dom x x x

Very well said, dom.

For you :)
mozza.gif

I love you Dom for standing up & saying this. Well done & enjoy your time here, it has its fun bits it has its nasty bits, just take your time & watch & learn, you appear to have your wits about you.

love

Grim
P.s. oh btw it is a dictatorship though but I'll leave you to find it out for yourself mate.

heheheheh :D I suppose it is a dictatorship, i'm just in denial - but aren't they all in denail at first, until they get executed one by one - those who fear this tremble and bend to the dictators wishes and deny themselves truth - those who stand up are crushed, but continue to get up - i'm quite happy to get crushed - i have the armour of Moz, which is peace and love and flowery drug fuelled romps on camera. Love it, love Him.

Thank you for you support Grim, you're solid - love you :) :guitar:

Gladioli.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks, dom. I didn't even get flowers for Valentine's Day :rolleyes: only chocolates that I didn't want... :p

I think you made a lot of 'oldies' & newbies feel good.
And if you didn't... throw flowers at 'em anyway! :)
morrissey_flowers.gif

Thanks, dom. I didn't even get flowers for Valentine's Day :rolleyes: only chocolates that I didn't want... :p

morrissey_flowers.gif

Awww sweet, no flowers for V day :( That's rather sucky. Glad i could help out with that absense, all be it a virtual gladioli :D

That would be sooo cool if i did make some oldies an newies feel good! It's really so important for people to be nice and spread good feeling to people isn't it :) I'm glad i may have helped, in whatever way. And yes, you're dead right, throw them flowers anyway, Moz would have done so indescriminantly from the stage, and so should we :)

Last edited:
Very well put Dom...it is a great place and I love the sense of community here...it's cheers me up and entertains me on dull days...is fun when I feel a bit mischievous...and in the main the people here are kind and friendly...it's fun to hear peoples differing views on Morrissey/life/love/cheese! ;)

Love Alma xxx

Very well put Dom...it is a great place and I love the sense of community here...it's cheers me up and entertains me on dull days...is fun when I feel a bit mischievous...and in the main the people here are kind and friendly...it's fun to hear peoples differing views on Morrissey/life/love/cheese! ;)

Love Alma xxx

heh heh, cheese indeed :D and many other strange theme views, but yes, you're right, mostly cheery and entertaining.

VIVA PEACE!

gladiola.jpg

Last edited:
it's morrissey, it's serious like!

don't worry Dom, i like you no matter what the others say:)

oh, you reminded me to buy some flowers today:)

Yea, it is serious, but not vicious or vile. Moz is for peace, love and unrequited passions, not war, hate and carnivourous aggression.

Thank you for your niceness and liking me buddy, much appretiated :)

Peace

56.jpg

morrissey_flowers.gif

I bought you some flowers...

... but I eated them. :(

But, if you insist that you don’t like the question being asked, that you simply CANT BELIEVE someone could be asking this question again, just DONT CLICK ON THE THREAD. Simple really.

Either way I won’t care any more or less about people who moan away at me, or at other newcomer innocents. I will do my best to accommodate the fair few hard core people who rip any thread to shreds if they see something wrong with it, and will try to please them to an extent, but luckily I don’t take life as seriously as they do. I can let a thread question that has been asked before pass over my head, in the same way that that my concern for how people act on here also passes over my head. I just thought I would throw this out there though, as I admit it makes my heart sink each time people act in this way.

What baffles me is the seriousness and often venom like comments people make on here, mostly over trivial and pointless things.

In my personal opinion:

Love and gladioli peace
dom x x x

what a very brave soul you are, :D
I have to totally agree with you though, and thanks for the gladioli pics, reminds me to go plant my bulbs,
im gonna have my own little gladioli patch, it'll make me sillily happy
.:rolleyes:

dom - what a great post! Couldn't agree more on the "You should have checked search before posting" brigade.

I've got 9 users on my "ignore list" - you will find that a useful tool, it saves you from the drivel posted when it turns into a chatroom with smileys and cartoons, it saves you from the irrational and plain ignorant, and perhaps most importantly it saves you from Kewpie....

Remember - the users with the most posts are not always the ones who are worth reading. There are some really knowledgeable folks on here and it can be a real treat some days - good luck!

dom - what a great post! Couldn't agree more on the "You should have checked search before posting" brigade.

I've got 9 users on my "ignore list" - you will find that a useful tool, it saves you from the drivel posted when it turns into a chatroom with smileys and cartoons, it saves you from the irrational and plain ignorant, and perhaps most importantly it saves you from Kewpie....

Remember - the users with the most posts are not always the ones who are worth reading. There are some really knowledgeable folks on here and it can be a real treat some days - good luck!

AHappyRocket, can you see this post? :D

Thank you! What are you running for? I will vote.

In my personal opinion:

Love and gladioli peace
dom x x x

Actually, there seems to have been a coup some time ago, and the forums do, sadly, function as a dictatorship during certain hours of the day. ;)

morrissey_flowers.gif

Corrissey got pwned by photobucket! :D

15i5i77.gif

Back
Top Bottom