new Word Magazine; perhaps most vicious attack ever on Moz (in Greatest Hits review)

Re: new Word Magazine; perhaps most vicious attack ever on Moz (in Greatest Hits revi

People read Word Magazine?

Re: new Word Magazine; perhaps most vicious attack ever on Moz (in Greatest Hits revi

Is this the same magazine that has Moz on their March issue cover in which it is said that "He's the most potent pop-cultural figure Britain has produced in 30 years..." :confused::confused:

Quantit is a twat we know, he'll be sat laughing at these comments...he's really not worth the effort. I don't see any point in sending emails to the editor of Word though, people make up their own minds regardless (you hope) and you must know by know if you like or loathe Morrissey. Morrissey can give it so alas he hopefully can take it...seems alot of the fans can't.
The albums got pretty crap reviews all over and for some quite valid reasons...it's a bit of a mess, none of Morrissey's old quality control is there these days.
I bought it but i'm hardly gonna listen to it, the new single is poor for starters and i reckon most of you know it deep down.

Ignoring the likes of Quantick is far better than rising to the bait, he'll love your angry emails, trust me.

Word is a great magazine.

Quantick is a prick. He had a show on Radio 2 (might still have, actually) at like 1pm on Saturdays for half an hour that was bad beyond belief yet I had to listen to it in the car on the way to Nottingham for Forest games.

Quantit is a twat we know, he'll be sat laughing at these comments...he's really not worth the effort. I don't see any point in sending emails to the editor of Word though, people make up their own minds regardless (you hope) and you must know by know if you like or loathe Morrissey. Morrissey can give it so alas he hopefully can take it...seems alot of the fans can't.
The albums got pretty crap reviews all over and for some quite valid reasons...it's a bit of a mess, none of Morrissey's old quality control is there these days.
I bought it but i'm hardly gonna listen to it, the new single is poor for starters and i reckon most of you know it deep down.

Ignoring the likes of Quantick is far better than rising to the bait, he'll love your angry emails, trust me.

Some good comments there.
However, I've always had a lot of time for Word. It's a different world to the other music mags and was leagues apart from the bitchiness you get in the NME.
they never have lists (unlike Q which seems to do them every month), they hate the whole guilty pleasures thing, they avoid giving albums points or stars, they usually have loads of really thoughtful articles etc.
so it's a huge surprise that they would print something like this, and has made me see them in a whole different light...

Some good comments there.
However, I've always had a lot of time for Word. It's a different world to the other music mags and was leagues apart from the bitchiness you get in the NME.
they never have lists (unlike Q which seems to do them every month), they hate the whole guilty pleasures thing, they avoid giving albums points or stars, they usually have loads of really thoughtful articles etc.
so it's a huge surprise that they would print something like this, and has made me see them in a whole different light...

Well Morrissey is like an elephant and doesn't forget, so there goes any potential interviews.
Word is good i agree, i'd not stop buying it just cos of one awful review by a bitter old journo...file next to Steven Wells.

When will people learn that firing off angry emails over a stupid review plays right into their hands? Stuff like that is only used to prove how ridiculous Morrissey fans are.

When will people learn that firing off angry emails over a stupid review plays right into their hands? Stuff like that is only used to prove how ridiculous Morrissey fans are.

Or, for that matter, when will journalists and critics who hate Morrissey learn that writing poison pen reviews and articles plays right into Morrissey's hands?

Or, for that matter, when will journalists and critics who hate Morrissey learn that writing poison pen reviews and articles plays right into Morrissey's hands?
They have an excuse though, they are paid for their words. Bad news sells.

The reviews have pretty much all been 3/5 (except, err Heat!) agreeing with most of the comment round here (i.e. way too many inferior-quality recent songs included).
Word has been a really Moz-friendly mag so it's pretty bizarre that they've invited a renowned, long term, Moz-hating journalist to come and review the Greatest Hits.

IS IT REALLY...
*looks at this thread...*
me thinks their work is done, ;)

i saw this yesterday, along with the mojo mag thing about the smiths, stood in whsmiths and read both mags... then chucked them back in disgust...
nice pics though... :cool:

Is it very bad of me that I want to read the article :o :rolleyes:
Could someone scan it?

Could someone scan it?

I'll try tomorrow. I'd just like to repeat what I posted last year...

"Just parked up waiting to pick up my daughter tonight, and had the Richard Bacon Show on (Five Live) - David Quantick (ex-NME journalist and comedy writer) was interviwed about Morrissey - surprise, surprise - he hates him...

"I loathe him with a passion"

"Morrissey is a vile scumbag"

"A nasty, nasty man"

And he said he'd been waiting years for Morrissey to trip himself up in the media so he could have a dig. Pillock."

Peter

I'll try tomorrow. I'd just like to repeat what I posted last year...

"Just parked up waiting to pick up my daughter tonight, and had the Richard Bacon Show on (Five Live) - David Quantick (ex-NME journalist and comedy writer) was interviwed about Morrissey - surprise, surprise - he hates him...

"I loathe him with a passion"

"Morrissey is a vile scumbag"

"A nasty, nasty man"

And he said he'd been waiting years for Morrissey to trip himself up in the media so he could have a dig. Pillock."

Peter

enough said ... who the hell is the guy really just another awful journalist who lies

Could someone scan it?

I want to read it, too.

IS IT REALLY...
*looks at this thread...*
me thinks their work is done, ;)

i saw this yesterday, along with the mojo mag thing about the smiths, stood in whsmiths and read both mags... then chucked them back in disgust...
nice pics though... :cool:

Wait! ... is MOJO not worth buying? because I was thinking about it...:eek:

Wait! ... is MOJO not worth buying? because I was thinking about it...:eek:

Yes, the MOJO Smiths stuff is very good, although there's not too much that ardent fans will not have seen before. Apart from the Eric Longley stuff.

Peter

Yes, the MOJO Smiths stuff is very good, although there's not too much that ardent fans will not have seen before. Apart from the Eric Longley stuff.

Peter

Ahh,OK then ;) thanks! :)

So,David Quantick is the latest public enemy number one,joining an ever growing list that includes Conor McNicholas ,Andrew Collins,Steven Wells,Billy Bragg,Paul Heaton,Tony Wilson and ,of course,Mike Joyce ?

The vitriol on here by people who have not even read the review is depressing but not unexpected.

No,Quantick is not " a hideous and vile little man" .He's actually rather tall and always seems friendly and humorous when I've seen him. He's not really a "twit,"twat","prick" but rather one of Britain's best comedy writers (spitting Image,Brass Eye,Harry Hill's TV Burp).

So what if he did say the things quoted by Uncle Skinny:they are his opinions (which he does seem to share with quite a few others).They're all just opinions.

So,all the bile and hatred over something most haven't read ?

Very very odd.

Oh,one more thing,he was one of the few journalists to write a good review of Kill Uncle

http://motorcycleaupairboy.com/mozdisc1/uncle.htm

Perhaps,he just speaks his mind.

Peter

Did you notice the little bit in the Morrissey article talking about writers for the new album
Now Whyte's off the team, temporarily or not, for Morrissey's next, out in September.

I am a bit confused as all those new tracks talked about were supposed to be Alains.:confused:

Back
Top Bottom