Most radio-friendly Morrissey song?

What is Morrissey's most radio-friendly song?

• First of the Gang to Die

Votes: 34 40.5%
  • Everyday Is Like Sunday

Votes: 14 16.7%
  • Suedehead

Votes: 7 8.3%
  • The Last of the Famous International Playboys

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • The More You Ignore Me, The Closer I Get

Votes: 14 16.7%
  • Roy's Keen

• Sunny

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • That's How People Grow Up

• Irish Blood, English Heart

Votes: 5 6.0%

• Total voters
I picked First Of The Gang To Die, but I'm not sure why, probably because I've heard it used quite alot for montages and things on TV, so it must be 'acceptable' to the powers that be :p

After suffering through the Shammy's last night, honestly, none of his songs would get top 40 radio air play. That's not a bad thing though.

His best format would be Triple A. Any of the songs listed would do fine.

I like Roy's Keen, it has a great hook. The More You Ignore Me, The Closer I get is also good.

For those who like to keep up with the charts.

http://w2.mediabase.com/mmrweb/AllAccess/ChartsMenu.asp

hey, you missed Alma!
I think it may have got more airplay than any other Moz song.
was A-listed on Radio 1 when it came out.
remember catching my then housemate singing along and she wasn't even a music fan let alone a serious Mozhead!

Sorry couldn't vote because I rarely hear Morrissey on the radio. Occasional Smiths songs but never Moz solo stuff. Criminal!

Sorry couldn't vote because I rarely hear Morrissey on the radio. Occasional Smiths songs but never Moz solo stuff. Criminal!

bbc radio2 and bbc radio6 are the most likely places to hear the solo stuff

I threw Sunny in as a random choice. I can't remember if it received much airplay at the time, but it sounds like the type of song that should.

Going slightly off-topic now - I downloaded All You Need Is Me last night, and don't you think this would be great as a single? It's such a catchier song than THPGU and I think it would receive more airplay.

I don´t listen to the radio often and I doubt that they´re playing Morrissey here in Germany that often.
But when I just read the Threadtitle the first song going through my head was "First of the Gang". I think it´s very radio-friendly.
So I´ll choose that one.

I'm possibly the only person who thinks That's How People Grow Up is the catchiest of the new bunch - and the best choice as a new single :confused:

I can't remember the last Morrissey song which so many non-Moz fans have told me they liked.

I chose "We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful" simply because of its comical value, I can just see people remembering it.

I can also see that one radio presenter who'll play it ever week or so because they love it.

Damn! Pretty one-sided voting going on here. I think I might be alone in the fact that I don't like 'First of the Gang to Die'.

Anyways, I voted for Suedehead. I think it is a perfect radio-friendly song that could've done well if stations gave it a chance.

There is only one station, aside from the z100 fiasco when they decided to push 'The More You Ignore Me...', that I get around here that plays any Moz stuff...106.3, an alternative station on the Jersey Shore. They mostly play the Smiths...but will break out a solo tune every once in a while. They always start playing more Moz when he is around touring and usually play up the new singles when they come out.
I remember I didn't know that Maladjusted was coming out and one night I was driving and they were like "here's the new one from Morrissey..Alma Matters" :guitar::D Good stuff.
One of the DJ's also verbally tore apart a caller for saying that Our Lady Peace's cover of HSIN was better than the one by that 'other band'...hahaha...it was great!

I think it has to be Everyday Is Like Sunday to make it on the widest range of formats.

From most non Mozz likers I know its usually You're the one for me fatty.

Everyday is Like Sunday and Suedehead I believe have had the most airplay in their day- at least here in LA.

Thats how people grow up.....coz i have heard it twice on XFM....*shock horror gasp*

Back
Top Bottom