The Thinking Moz Fans Site (Can you get inside his head?)

> Hi,
> If you think that you can get inside Moz's head then visit this
> site and let me know. Cheers.

I allways thought "get off the stage" was moz referring to himself as he was getting older and with the incident at the madness concert where they through stuff at him to get him off. Plus he wrote the song with suggs didnt he?

anyway great idea for a site.

Well, Get Off The Stage is about The Rolling Stones, Morrissey once said.

What's the full story?

Please email me with the full story each of you think this song is about and the reasons why. Both of them are interesting. Also any other songs anyone thinks they understand where the man was coming from.

Genius Steals

Re: What's the full story?

> Please email me with the full story each of you think this song
> is about and the reasons why. Both of them are interesting. Also
> any other songs anyone thinks they understand where the man was
> coming from.

"the song that you just sang, it sounds exactly like the last one and the next one will sound like this one"

I still think he is referring to himself and being ironic because the madness fans must have shouted things like get off the stage, you old man, all your songs sound the same etc.

I dont think morrissey would say that he is referring directly to the rolling stones and if he was he would have made it more obvious in the lyrics.

Email me then! CONTRIBUTIONS NEEDED

Email me with your thoughts as you would like them on the website and I will add them. Your idea is as valuable as anyone elses and it is much more interesting to have several reasonable ideas for each song.

I would also like ideas for all the other songs!
Cheers,
Ian.

Genius Steals

> Hi,
> If you think that you can get inside Moz's head then visit this
> site and let me know. Cheers.

Give me a chisel, a saw and a wrench and I'll do it!

LMC x

Re: What's the full story?

> I dont think morrissey would say that he is referring directly
> to the rolling stones and if he was he would have made it more
> obvious in the lyrics.

He did say that. He described himself as being "disgusted" w/ a new Rolling Stones tour or something like that.
A Moz song I find extremely mysterious and fascinating is "Sister, I'm a Poet". I couldn't exactly say why, but I suspect he actually means "sister, I'm a prostitute".

Back
Top Bottom