Fed up of relationships!

I hate not knowing where you stand with people, it is extremely frustrating. Sometimes I can totally see the plus points to adopting a Morrissey-esque position on relationships, and accepting being alone. Anyone else having such difficulties?

Sometimes I can totally see the plus points to adopting a Morrissey-esque position on relationships, and accepting being alone.

almost always... except for when in the haze of a drunken hour - and even then for a flashing fleeting moment.

I hate not knowing where you stand with people, it is extremely frustrating. Sometimes I can totally see the plus points to adopting a Morrissey-esque position on relationships, and accepting being alone. Anyone else having such difficulties?

Do you just date or live together?

Do you just date or live together?

Dating, but theres been no attempts to actually establish what our dalliance actually is!

But are you talking about friendships and people in general or lovers?

Personally i could quite happily manage living as a recluse.i prefer animals to humans.they love you unconditionally and down moan.

well i force my brainbox to think that it's better to be alone. i don't really believe in asceticism and being alone but that's what i am. i am talking about the latter part though. a little bit of the ol' hanky-panky here and there is ok :)

You should meet my best friend, you sound like you're in exactly the same position as her, so I understand that you must feel v. frustrated :(
Would you consider just asking straight out where you stand?

This song just about sums up my present attitude on the subject.

"thought you'd like to know..."
:mad::mad::mad::guitar::sick:

Last edited by a moderator:
EPBabe - I'm 18, and Poppy Full - i'm just too scared, perhaps I'm too worried about what the answer is going to be! I overanalyse things far too much perhaps, but I just wish people wouldn't be keen one minute, then cold the next!

EPBabe - I'm 18, and Poppy Full - i'm just too scared, perhaps I'm too worried about what the answer is going to be! I overanalyse things far too much perhaps, but I just wish people wouldn't be keen one minute, then cold the next!

Oh well. You're going to have loads of rubbish relationships and some nicer ones too. Loads of disappointing experiences. There will be a thousand times when you'll feel that you're not made for being loved. And then someone comes and all the doubts you've ever had, just disappear. All the tricks and tactiques you've ever used don't even come to your mind. You don't hesitate for hours if you want to call him/her, because you know that the other one will be inmensely happy if you do. You don't have to suffer in hell whether he/she calls, because he/she does. And all of a sudden, life just makes sense. :)

Oh well. You're going to have loads of rubbish relationships and some nicer ones too. Loads of disappointing experiences. There will be a thousand times when you'll feel that you're not made for being loved. And then someone comes and all the doubts you've ever had, just disappear. All the tricks and tactiques you've ever used don't even come to your mind. You don't hesitate for hours if you want to call him/her, because you know that the other one will be inmensely happy if you do. You don't have to suffer in hell whether he/she calls, because he/she does. And all of a sudden, life just makes sense. :)

I really hope that your right. Thankyou :)

With your age, comes vulnerability and insecurity. But, if you wish to know where you stand with someone, you must just ask . You will otherwise spend hours agonizing over your situation. You will never be able to control how others feel about you, nor will they be able to control how you feel about them. If a relationship defines your life, rather than enhances it, I believe it is time for you to move along.....Good luck.

I really hope that your right. Thankyou :)

With your age, comes vulnerability and insecurity. But, if you wish to know where you stand with someone, you must just ask . You will otherwise spend hours agonizing over your situation. You will never be able to control how others feel about you, nor will they be able to control how you feel about them. If a relationship defines your life, rather than enhances it, I believe it is time for you to move along.....Good luck.

@paintavulgarpicture: Listen to these two elderly ladies... ;)

I also must add that even in a happy, well-functioning relationships there are downsides when you question certain things, feelings etc. But you learn to live with them and get over them. So, certain doubts will remain but if you've found the real one, they'll be just temporary. :)

I also agree with troubleluvsme on asking the person where you stand with them. This is what I would do, most certainly. I like seeing things clear.

Back
Top Bottom