Why do you actually like Morrissey?

Viva Tom

Wall of Arms
I have been ask sooo many time by friends and family why I actually like Morrissey. I have never been able to construct an answer which does him any justice. any of you guys help.

I just usually say "he psychologically saves me" on something cheesey like that.

any input?

When people ask me why I like Morrissey I just say, "He's OT-VIII, how can I not?"

I started to make a list... then I realized that I'd be mocked for it if I actually posted it.

Let's just say that I love him for opening up my mind and for giving my heart a soft place to hide.

I've loved his music for years, then I saw a video on youtube of him on top of the pops and reaslised how very sexy he is also. That and the fact that he's the greatest lyricist of our times.

Last edited:
I started to make a list... then I realized that I'd be mocked for it if I actually posted it.

Let's just say that I love him for opening up my mind and for giving my heart a soft place to hide.

It's so funny that you said you made a list. I did too. And I saved it on my hard drive. The only thing I don't like is that it is too idealistic. He's not perfect by any means, so I think the list needs some revisions. But all in all his positives outweigh his negatives, at least in my mind!

I like him because his mind is beautiful, intelligent, and witty. And he is too gorgeous for words. Simple as that. No list really required.

When people ask me why I like Morrissey I just say, "He's OT-VIII, how can I not?"

Am I the only one who got that joke? Good one, Worm.

I like the way he writes. That was my very first exposure to him, someone I knew sang a few lines of Girlfriend in a Coma and my jaw dropped and I said, "Who wrote that?"

I have no idea what he's really like, as I said on the love thread. And again, maybe I do know what he's like. Only Morrissey knows where the line is between the man who writes the words and the man the words portray. And it's possible that he doesn't even know, he's been living inside the world the words built for him for a long, long time. And, maybe there is no line. Maybe he is completely transparent for us.

I never thought about him much as a person, just listened to the music, and then I saw him sing right in front of me many times last year. Now I'm much more aware of Morrissey the man, but still- the only thing I have any right to is the words. Just the words.

I actually wasn't a fan of any kind for many, many years... sorry to admit it. I lost interest when I became a clever swine after high school, and didn't come back to see what he'd been up to until last Spring. I had a list of concerts-I'd-like-to-see-before-I-die, and his was the last name on it. But I can't just cross him off my list, he's worth paying closer attention to. His words still interest me.

Believe in love at first site? Well when I first saw him on the legendry Top of the Pops singing This Charming Man, I was hooked. I thought "who the hell is that", and no other artist has ever had that effect on me. Followed and loved all his work since then. He is the greatest songwriter this county has ever produced.

sometimes i don't know if i do like him and get really frustrated with him, kinda not see why i like him so much and then all of a sudden i'll have a song in my head or get reminded of something because of somethings thats happened. Knowing that he can actually some up what i'm going through/how i'm feeling in a line of a song and i'm at his mercy again.
I feel like our relationship is that of a married couple that finish each other's sentences and feel comfortable sitting on a coach together for 8hours to blackpool in complete silence. I feel safe with him. His voice sounds like home.

Mega Cheesy i know but you asked for it.

We all probably have many reasons for liking Moz, I don't think there should be one particular reason or one typical type of fan and I know all kinds of different people how like Moz & the Smiths and vise versa people who don't. But at the end of the day do we need a reason to like Morrissey, is it that extrodinary to like something just because you like the music.

Back
Top Bottom