Strange/unexpected Moz references?

Not sure if this has been posted, but the Funny or Die video with Jeasica Pare ( Megan on Mad Men) where she discovers food besides kale has a Moz reference. She locks herself in a room eating non stop and look at the poster behind her agent.

r7vl8n.jpg

Theatre: Punk rock shakes it all up at Belfast Lyric 

A fierce play, Punk Rock, just opened in the Lyric Theatre in Belfast. Its bedazzling 389-seat Danske Bank stage is being treated to punk and some very raw teenage emotions until September 6.
by Maggie Armstrong, independent.ie
http://www.independent.ie/entertain...akes-it-all-up-at-belfast-lyric-30509648.html

"I'm provoked by the irrational", says the playwright Simon Stephens, on the phone from London Zoo. The Reptile House, specifically, where he is running around after his three kids. Stephens doesn't cherish his own school days. He went to an all-boys public school in Stockport. "It was the worst of both worlds really," he says, "the usual teenage boy teasing" and "a ropey few years." He continues: "In primary school, academic success is nourished. But people don't like a swot. When I got to secondary school, I had to recalibrate myself." Stephens turned to punk music and Irish literature for survival. The Smiths, The Sex Pistols and The Pogues were bunged in with Beckett, Joyce and Wilde. "Music saved my life", he says. "And Irish writers afforded the possibility of escape to a small English child. They offered the recognition that you are not alone in this sense of dislocation."

Re: Theatre: Punk rock shakes it all up at Belfast Lyric 

US music legend Seymour Stein to scout Israeli artists
The Jerusalem Post
http://www.jpost.com/Arts-and-Cultu...Seymour-Stein-to-scout-Israeli-artists-371350

American music industry icon Seymour Stein will be the keynote speaker at Tune in Tel Aviv, an annual music industry conference and showcase taking place in November.

Stein, one of the sparks behind the US punk/new wave movement in the mid- 1970s as co-founder and president of Sire Records, signed The Ramones, Talking Heads, Blondie and later The Pretenders, The Smiths, Depeche Mode, Madonna and Echo & The Bunnymen to their first major label deals...

Cycling round Provence last week like the middle-class wanker I am, we stumbled along this truly awe-inspiring place

http://carrieres-lumieres.com/en/home

Where the exhibition was Klimt et Vienna. Truly breathtaking "fantastic concept - executed perfectly. An old limestone quarry is converted into a huge gallery of projected art that fills the walls 30m high. Music plays in accompaniment and you can 'walk' through the artworks - or even climb within them."

Little did I know that this very place was also where Le Testament D'Orphée by Jean Cocteau was filmed.DSC_0826.jpg Which as every Smiths scholar knows provided the cover art of This Charming Man

Last edited:

It's not really a Moz reference, as such, but it caught my attention.
I was watching some Alan Bennett stuff on YouTube when I came across this. At around the 00:20 mark, Bennett says "Alsatian cousins" which I found quite fascinating as I can't find the term Alsatian cousin anywhere else.

Last edited by a moderator:

It's not really a Moz reference, as such, but it caught my attention.
I was watching some Alan Bennett stuff on YouTube when I came across this. At around the 00:20 mark, Bennett says "Alsation cousins" which I found quite fascinating as I can't find the term Alsation cousin anywhere else.

FYI:

What is an Alsatian Cousin?

Last edited by a moderator:

Thank you!
I suppose I live up to my username.

P.S. You may not give two figgy puddings, but I apologise for my misspelling of 'Alsatian'. Spelling mistakes are always embarrassing.

Last edited:
weird to think he licensed his image to a skate company. nice shirt but strange to see. hope there not pulling a disney/joy division scenario

surprised he doesnt do anything about it since it seems in fairly large scale production. same happened with disney joy division (got withdrawn), ian mckaye and nike trying out the major threat campaign (got withdrawn) and kurt cobain being used by converse and guitar hero whos estate sued i think. just three off the top of my head

Tags
burlesque coronation street live morrissey new album poster sport strips the smiths
Back
Top Bottom