Strange/unexpected Moz references?

The Disciples: James Mollison’s Portraits of Music Subcultures

http://www.brainpickings.org/2011/10/07/the-disciples-james-mollison/

thedisciples_morrisey.jpg

William sends the link:

She Feels Fine - eugeneweekly.com
Comedian Jen Kirkman of Chelsea Lately comes to Cozmic

Excerpt:

In your 2011 concert album Hail to the Freaks, some of your material is about being a fan of British pop singer Morrissey. You mention how your mother compared his singing voice to Kermit the Frog. I’m also a big fan of Morrissey, and my mom said the same thing. What about Morrissey do you relate to?

Now my mom loves him! When I’m asked who my comedy influences are, I never say Morrissey. I don’t know why. He just speaks to me. I found him funny. I love his nonconformity and his outspokenness about animal rights. I just love him. He’s my Oscar Wilde.

girlfriend in a coma was the opening theme song to drew carrys episode where hes in a coma

On the late late show with James Cordon, Dennis Leary showed a clip from his new show and he does a song for his daughter as a terrible caricature of Morrissey.

I can't see this posted anywhere else, but Morrissey was featured in the final round of Pointless on Wednesday 'Singers with one name'. The contestants had to name any top 40 single from Morrissey, Sting or Beck that no one else had thought of.
Before everyone starts thinking of any unusual singles; only Suedehead, First of the Gang and Everyday is Like Sunday had any scores... so any other top 40 single would have won the money.
Watch here from from about 36 mins http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b063jlm7/pointless-series-13-episode-47

Dave

In the Danish television series "Rita," a young man is seen wearing a Smiths' Meat is Murder shirt. The boy, who is dating the lead character's son, explains that he's a vegetarian, "like millions of people who care about animal welfare." The music is this particular episode, and all episodes in which the boyfriend appears, is a bit Marr-ish.

In a later episode, the son breaks up with his Smiths-loving boyfriend because he's in love with someone else.

Sorry for the spoilers.

Sorry not sorry.

Was in Cineworld today to see the Minions film and they played Bigmouth Strike Again followed by the Sadie Shaw version of Hand in Glove in the foyer. That cheered me up, the film was disappointing though.

Was in Cineworld today to see the Minions film and they played Bigmouth Strike Again followed by the Sadie Shaw version of Hand in Glove in the foyer. That cheered me up, the film was disappointing though.
I've always liked that Sandie Shaw version. Though I can understand why it might not be some people's cup of tea, I think it's noteworthy for the altered arrangement alone. Interesting contrast from the original.

Nothing remotely relevant to add.

So this one was really unexpected. Was flipping through channels since I'm in a hotel and ESPN was on recapping some minor league game and was talking about a switch pitcher and said left handers of the world unite and take over

Tags
burlesque coronation street live morrissey new album poster sport strips the smiths
Back
Top Bottom