Strange/unexpected Moz references?

Noel Gallagher revealed that Morrissey gave an inspiration

Noel was on BBC 6 Music Steve Lamacq show 13th October.

When he went out with Russell Brand and Morrissey in LA in 2013.
Morrissey brought some CDs and asked them to name the title, one of them was Brian Protheroe's Pinball.
Noel remembered the song which helped him to write the opening track Riverman.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04lcj6x

(Noel's interview starts around 2:09 after The Soundtrack of Our Lives' Sister Sorround)

Last edited by a moderator:
He's mentioned the following times in John Lydon's new autobiography:

"An 'angry yooong man', as Morrissey would say." Page 140

"In fact, when Morrissey came out with 'kill the DJ', I thought he was making a misguided reference." Pg 375

"Mike Joyce from Morrissey's band was in drumming with is for a short bit, and he and McGeoch were terrible with their Catholic--Protestant arguments." Pg 588

I'm sure Mike Joyce loves being called the drummer in Morrissey's band, lol.

Not strange, not unknown, but unexpected as it is a site for football / soccer

http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuro/news/newsid=2164909.html

1. Keane is related to former Smiths frontman Morrissey. "Robbie and I share the same Irish blood," wrote Morrissey after meeting Robbie Keane for the first time at a Los Angeles Galaxy game in 2013. "His late grandfather (Thomas Nolan) being my own father's cousin." Keane was surprised to say the least. "I didn't know, obviously, until he told me," he said. "Then I asked my mother: 'Why did you not tell me this?.'" Morrissey was thrilled to see Keane in action for the first time, writing: "To watch him on the pitch – pacing like a lion, as weightless as an astronaut, is pure therapy. Robbie, the pleasure, the privilege is mine."

Not strange, not unknown, but unexpected as it is a site for football / soccer

http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuro/news/newsid=2164909.html

1. Keane is related to former Smiths frontman Morrissey. "Robbie and I share the same Irish blood," wrote Morrissey after meeting Robbie Keane for the first time at a Los Angeles Galaxy game in 2013. "His late grandfather (Thomas Nolan) being my own father's cousin." Keane was surprised to say the least. "I didn't know, obviously, until he told me," he said. "Then I asked my mother: 'Why did you not tell me this?.'" Morrissey was thrilled to see Keane in action for the first time, writing: "To watch him on the pitch – pacing like a lion, as weightless as an astronaut, is pure therapy. Robbie, the pleasure, the privilege is mine."

I read a mls blog the other day that had a post matching a Moz solo or smiths song to a song. I think they missed a chance to assign now I am a was to Chivas USA as they'll no longer exist in current form.

Someone tagged me in this photo on Instagram, thinking I'd appreciate it:
http://instagram.com/p/uQ2uL4rpAG/

10724939_294382057425538_1762905762_n.jpg

Which led me to look at interior designer Stephane Chamard's portfolio, which led me to these two interiors, which are presumably in two different houses! I wonder if Smiths walls are his thing? The decor isn't my taste and I'm not a fan of framing records, but it made me smile to see this anyway.

x2j3sw.jpg

e5mc15.jpg

I have a wall of vinyl in my house, with MiM and Vauxhall included. They were custom framed and it looks very nice; definitely a conversation piece.

Someone tagged me in this photo on Instagram, thinking I'd appreciate it:
http://instagram.com/p/uQ2uL4rpAG/

10724939_294382057425538_1762905762_n.jpg

Which led me to look at interior designer Stephane Chamard's portfolio, which led me to these two interiors, which are presumably in two different houses! I wonder if Smiths walls are his thing? The decor isn't my taste and I'm not a fan of framing records, but it made me smile to see this anyway.

x2j3sw.jpg

e5mc15.jpg

Is that Stephane-passionsjustlikemine-Stephane?

Is that Stephane-passionsjustlikemine-Stephane?

I doubt it, unless he's a super-successful French architect and designer living in Toronto. A big spread about his own house in H&H refers to the Smiths as being his husband's favorite band (not his), so I think it's just a coincidence/common name. :)

Tonight's BBC 2 University Challenge featured The Smiths (What Difference Does It Make?) for music question.
Bonus questions were artists who did Peel Sessions.

8 Notorious Los Angeles Cult Locations: Then and Now

The second one on the list is the restaurant at the base of Sweetzer and Sunset where he used to live. If he needed a cup of sugar and Johnny Depp wasn't home, he could walk to Cabo and on the walk home work his calves too. It's yards from his house.

but that's not actually a morrissey reference, is it?

it would fit well into a thread entitled 'things that make crystalgeezer think of morrissey'.

that thread would be full of pictures of leaves and dogs and penises and buildings and hills and books and cars and volleyball and furniture and ladders and eggs and so on.

but that's not actually a morrissey reference, is it?

it would fit well into a thread entitled 'things that make crystalgeezer think of morrissey'.

that thread would be full of pictures of leaves and dogs and penises and buildings and hills and books and cars and volleyball and furniture and ladders and eggs and so on.

I don't think of Morrissey when I look at ladders. I think of revenge.

Smiths MIM opens this viral video of famous album covers singing Mayokero.

Tags
burlesque coronation street live morrissey new album poster sport strips the smiths
Back
Top Bottom