Strange/unexpected Moz references?

wow maybe the photog should sue as well then. wasnt even shopped or tampered with much (cant tell if the band aid is left on or not). seems an easy case to win. might not be worth much money but you could tie them up with litigation and hurt there business model pretty good i think.

the rules of attraction by brett easton ellis. when paul and sean have sex in the snow, at camden, theyre playing the smiths real around the fountain (they call it gay angst music). ellis always throws musical references in all of his books so its not to much of a surprise

this was in my daughter's art book at school

image.jpg

http://www.post-gazette.com/ae/book...comes-in-The-Bone-Clocks/stories/201409020031

Book Review
'The Bone Clocks': David Mitchell conjures a triumphant tale of mystics and desperate youth
Wizard of words and the thirst for experience

by Susan Balee, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

“The Buried Bishop’s a gridlocked scrum, an all-you-can-eat of youth: ‘Stephen Hawking and the Dalai Lama, right; they posit a unified truth’; short denim skirts, Gap and Next shirts, Kurt Cobain cardigans, black Levi’s; ‘Did you see that oversexed pig by the loos, undressing me with his eyes?’; that song by the Pogues and Kirsty MacColl booms in my diaphragm and knees; ‘Like, my only charity shop bargains were headlice, scabies, and fleas’; a fug of hairspray, sweat and Lynx, Chanel No. 5, and smoke; well-tended teeth with zero fillings, revealed by the so-so joke — ‘Have you heard the news about Schrodinger’s Cat? It died today; wait — it didn’t, did, didn’t, did…’; high-volume discourse on who’s the best Bond … Sartre, Bart Simpson, Barthes’s myths; ‘Make mine a double’; George Michael’s stubble; ‘Like, music expired with the Smiths’; and futures all starry; fetal think-tankers, judges, and bankers…power and money, like Pooh Bear and honey, stick fast — I don’t knock it, it’s me; and speaking of loins, ‘Has anyone told you you look like Demi Moore from Ghost?’; roses are red and violets are blue, I’ve a surplus of butter and Ness is warm toast.”

http://www.standard.co.uk/lifestyle...olan-the-man-making-london-smile-9712356.html

Get happy: Paul Dolan, the man making London smile
Polluted skies, long commutes, dating hell, bad sex… this man thinks he can solve all your problems. Hannah Betts meets Paul Dolan, London’s Professor Happy

Professor Paul Dolan, author of Penguin’s hotly anticipated new feel-good tome, Happiness by Design, says: ‘I thought you might ask me about London because everyone’s so f***ing miserable.’ The book’s thesis is that a happy existence requires not only pleasure but purpose and that we should engineer our lives to allocate time and attention to matters that yield both. This sounds deceptively simple, only most of us spectacularly fail at it, Londoners not least. In the 2012 Office for National Statistics (ONS) National Well-being Survey, the questions for which Dolan helped devise, Londoners were found to be Britain’s most malcontent...

‘Originally the book was filled with song quotes,’ he tells me. ‘Then the publishers said we’d have to pay for them. But The Smiths’ line “Why do I give valuable time/To people who don’t care if I live or die” is everything brought together...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/the-...s-the-halcyon-days-of-the-football-pools.html

Vernons, Brittens and Zetters became big players but Littlewoods was the market leader. Back in 1961, it was them who paid out the dizzying sum of £152,000 (£3m in modern money) to the notorious Viv Nicholson, a beehived blonde from Castleford who became a cult figure after vowing to “spend, spend, spend”. The pools is still going but a mere 350,000 play today. Viv Nicholson, meanwhile, became a sort of proto-“Lotto lout Mikey Carroll”. She was declared bankrupt and The Smiths put her on the sleeve of “Heaven Knows I’m Miserable Now”.

http://www.jewishjournal.com/rosner..._about_the_settlements_aps_israel_coverage_ob

These books are set in contemporary, diverse high schools where some kids are Jewish and some aren’t. They feature Jewish characters for whom Judaism is just one aspect of identity—like red hair or a love of The Smiths—rather than the singular defining characteristic (or the primary source of conflict). Some of the Jewish characters’ friends are Jews; some aren’t. Jewish characters may even (gasp) date outside their religion. Basically, these books parallel the lives of most American Jewish teenagers today...

Kafka on the Shore is a masterpiece.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/lifestyle/book/431054/the-murakami-machine-marches-on

He listened to The Smiths and My Bloody Valentine and occasional pieces by John Coltrane and Duke Ellington. We used to dream...

The quote gives an impression that Murakami listened to The Smiths and MBV, however, it was Pimrapee Thungkasemvathana's boyfriend.

Morrissey will be upset to learn that Murakami actually slagged off Nancy Sinatra one of his short novels.

BBC London Robert Elms show has fortnightly regular slot Rock'n'Roll Routemaster with Russell Clarke.
This week they followed Ramones' London trail.
At the end Russell mentioned that Morrissey curated a new compilation and his notorious letter published in Melody Maker.

Last edited:
Tags
burlesque coronation street live morrissey new album poster sport strips the smiths
Back
Top Bottom