Strange/unexpected Moz references?

Salon interview with John Lydon on his new album, book, etc:

Lydon: "More than most people, my head has been put on the chopping block. I can't think of anyone that's been judged as much as me in music."

Salon: "Madonna, maybe Morrissey?"

Lydon: "I don't think there's scrutiny in there at all. Come on! That's celebrity hype. She pays very nicely for that."

http://www.salon.com/2015/09/01/the...w_album_and_why_hes_still_a_work_in_progress/

Salon interview with John Lydon on his new album, book, etc:

Lydon: "More than most people, my head has been put on the chopping block. I can't think of anyone that's been judged as much as me in music."

Salon: "Madonna, maybe Morrissey?"

Lydon: "I don't think there's scrutiny in there at all. Come on! That's celebrity hype. She pays very nicely for that."

http://www.salon.com/2015/09/01/the...w_album_and_why_hes_still_a_work_in_progress/
Interesting. Thanks for sharing. I've long wondered what Lydon thinks of Morrissey. Unfortunately, he chose to comment only on Madonna, so it's still not clear....but I think the two actually have quite a bit in common whether he realizes it or not.

Interesting. Thanks for sharing. I've long wondered what Lydon thinks of Morrissey. Unfortunately, he chose to comment only on Madonna, so it's still not clear....but I think the two actually have quite a bit in common whether he realizes it or not.

A friend of mine did PR for both of them (back in the day). Lydon and Morrissey have more in common than either of them would probably care to admit.

Temperamentally, Lydon makes Morrissey look like Mother Theresa.

A friend of mine did PR for both of them (back in the day). Lydon and Morrissey have more in common than either of them would probably care to admit.

Wow. PR for Lydon and Moz? So which institution should i send the flowers to? Bellevue? Or would they prefer grapes?

;)

Wow. PR for Lydon and Moz? So which institution should i send the flowers to? Bellevue? Or would they prefer grapes?

;)

:lbf:

They are a lovely couple who specialized in punk and post punk icons (did I mention The Cure?). My friend has very little nice to say about Mr. Lydon, but she still has great fondness for Morrissey (who did cause no end of trouble). Robert Smith was, apparently, the nicest (and most highly functioning) of the lot.

BBC 4's quiz programme Hive Minds had a question asking "guitarist of 80s band".

Yes, the answer was Marr. One of the contestants correctly spotted his name from the hive.

I'm really pleased to find a photo of Morrissey in a corridor where I live.

Landlord is planning to have a function room (I live above a pub) and put many photos on the walls.
I never thought he or his daughter would pick a photo of Morrissey. :ahhh:

IMG_0823.jpg

Armond White (National Review) mentions Morrissey in his review of "Legend":

"Legend’s snarkiness is also a fallacy of progress. Its failure stirs recollections of the real-life Kray brothers’ other pop-culture legacies, both musical. Morrissey’s “The Last of the Famous International Playboys” (1990) confessed how the media’s romanticizing of criminals and gangsters feeds into social pathology as he ironically serenaded the Krays (“In my cell I followed you / And here’s a list of who I slew”). The Krays’ perverse celebrity forced Morrissey’s self-examination."

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/427384/carol-legend-movie-review

Tags
burlesque coronation street live morrissey new album poster sport strips the smiths
Back
Top Bottom