Johnny Marr to play with The Cribs in Manchester

They were in the radio a few days ago saying Marr was a new member and was writing with them. I read it on DIS.

i've never heard of the cribs. any good? i suppose i owe them a chance...

met at a barbecue eh?

and i thought he was now permanent to modest mouse?

Marr sick of Modest Mouse already then, the man's a musical nomad...interested to see how this new supposed collaboration works out, though.

http://www.the-fly.co.uk/story.aspx?id=730

Apparently Gary Jarman met the ex Smiths guitarist at a BBQ in Portland and the pair bonded over a mutual bond of spiced pork and cottage cheese.

1. Bonded over a mutual bond? I've read some pretty shabby bits of journalism, but that's cringe-worthy.

2. Marr. Spiced pork. Say what?

They were in the radio a few days ago saying Marr was a new member and was writing with them. I read it on DIS.

:p :D
I can't believe it. And what about Modest Mouse? Johnny has time for everything...
I don't know them much. All I know that Bernard Butler produced some of their songs. I heard a song in two years ago in an NME cd, it was nice, I think.

NOOOOOOOOO!

I've just started to collect Johnny's back catalogue. A lot of it isn't my cup of tea, but it's interesting to hear what he's written and contributed to. But the Cribs??? FFS!

They are mates with the Kaiser Chiefs and come from Leeds but their accents drive me wild - I'm from Huddersfield only 12 miles or so away but the accent nooooooooo! And (and I'm not casting aspersions on people from Leeds) but I think the members of the band are all related.

I saw them on TV some time last year during the interview they were trying to stress that they were more "indie" than whoever the other current "indie" band was. The level of discussion didn't rise much above that.

And I think they are on the cover of this week's NME...say no more.

Back
Top Bottom