Will it be easy for officials to know my ticket was bought off ebay 4 sellers profit?

dom

Thats How People Throw Up
Hi

I bought my ticket off ebay, which the guy sold at aprofit from the face value, which, in the terms and conditions stated at the back of the ticket, makes it 'void' ... but obviously, only if they know about it.

My question, will they be able to tell when the whole possible re-scheduling or refunding things happens that i bought mine off a profit making sale?

ta

Dom

Re: Will it be easy for officials to know my ticket was bought off ebay 4 sellers pro

you should return it to the e-bay seller, it's up to him whether or not to refund you anything.

Re: Will it be easy for officials to know my ticket was bought off ebay 4 sellers pro

you should return it to the e-bay seller, it's up to him whether or not to refund you anything.

But what if i want to use my ticket to get into the possible rescheduled date?

Also, if i send it back to him, he could just refund HIMSELF and get a tripple profit (he already sold it to me for 3 TIMES its face value)

Dom

What about those with wristbands?
Presumably you will have to return the writstband and that means you have NO evidence that you were at any of the gigs.:(

Also, if i send it back to him, he could just refund HIMSELF and get a tripple profit (he already sold it to me for 3 TIMES its face value)

Dom

If you want to use it for the rescheduled gig then you just use it as you would have done for the original date. There is no problem.

Some ebay sellers do state that if the gig is cancelled then your full money will be returned. Some dont. Do you have a copy of the original advert?
If there is any doubt over it, contact ebay direct and they will contact the seller. But contact the seller first and see what he / she has to say.

Dom

Sorry Dom, you may be quite a new fan, but with buying Morrissey tickets you have to take a chance that the show may be cancelled. Don't make HIM out to be the bad one, it was you, the buyer who PAID 3 times the face value.

I'm not sure if showing your ticket will get you automatic entry into the new date. *edit..apparently old tickets will be valid for new show. Stop pissing and moaning.

Last edited:

Dom

just hold on to it. he'll reschedule. he always does. if you can't make it to then you can always sell it to someone here. :D

why did you buy it for tripple the price anyway ?? surly there have been enough tickets sold on here and ebay for face you could have got one of them

i hate touts and as long as people use them real fans will always loose out ... your jst making a market where there shouldnt be one

Sorry Dom, you may be quite a new fan, but with buying Morrissey tickets you have to take a chance that the show may be cancelled. Don't make HIM out to be the bad one, it was you, the buyer who PAID 3 times the face value.

I'm not sure if showing your ticket will get you automatic entry into the new date. *edit..apparently old tickets will be valid for new show. Stop pissing and moaning.

Escuse me!? I'm not pissing and moaning! I'm just asking a question. I KNOW that by buying a ticket there is a chance it could be cancelled, and in fact i had a terrible feeling that being the last show this may happen to his voice, i even started a thread about it.

I'm not making HIM out to be a BAD one either, i'm just saying what he MIGHT claim the refund himself if i sent it to him. I knew how much i was paying for it, but just wondered wether he would get the refund HIMSELF if i sent it. Only just a thought and wonderment.

Of course i'm a bit upset like everyone else surely is, but i'm not moaning. Simply asking questions. Please don't speak to me like that again. Thank you.

why did you buy it for tripple the price anyway ?? surly there have been enough tickets sold on here and ebay for face you could have got one of them

i hate touts and as long as people use them real fans will always loose out ... your jst making a market where there shouldnt be one

Before i bought the ticket I didnt know that there was such a forum like this where i could exchange fair priced tickets from (mostly) nice Morrissey fans. That was one reason. The other reason is that i couldnt find on ebay any single tickets for less price, the rest were sold as 2 tickets. The third reason is that i would pay pretty much anything to see Morrissey perform. Is that such a bad thing. I think probably not. Sorry if my behaviour seems fickle or stupid, but i just simply wanted to see Morrissey and didn't know of any better or cheaper way.

Last edited:

If you want to use it for the rescheduled gig then you just use it as you would have done for the original date. There is no problem.

Some ebay sellers do state that if the gig is cancelled then your full money will be returned. Some dont. Do you have a copy of the original advert?
If there is any doubt over it, contact ebay direct and they will contact the seller. But contact the seller first and see what he / she has to say.

Phew, yea, that sounds promising then. I would never choose a refund over going to a rescheduled Morrissey gig. After all, that's why we buy the ticket in the first place. (hoping the rescheduled date will be one i can get off work for, Sunday was perfect for me) Let's hope he gets plenty of honey and lemon drinks down him and get his Mozzbox back up again :)

just hold on to it. he'll reschedule. he always does. if you can't make it to then you can always sell it to someone here. :D

Lol, that's true :) Hoping re-sceduled date will be one i can get to:eek:

if it's not then i just may have to buy the ticket from you and fly out to London :)

No problem buddy. As sad as i would be that i could not go i would be happy to help a fan who is willing and loyal enough to fly out to see Morrissey. I really do respect people like you who make that extra effort, and the possibilty of a cancellation like this must play on your mind just a touch, but you still pay all that money. Good on you. I will let you know :)

No problem buddy. As sad as i would be that i could not go i would be happy to help a fan who is willing and loyal enough to fly out to see Morrissey. I really do respect people like you who make that extra effort, and the possibilty of a cancellation like this must play on your mind just a touch, but you still pay all that money. Good on you. I will let you know :)

thanks! only reason I didn't fly out already was because I don't already have my passport.

i think i may have cried my eyes out if i HAD gone and he cancelled.
heh.
tis life.

I bought a ticket off eBay before for more than the face value of the ticket. Didnt have any trouble. Neither did the other 4 people I went with.

With regards to the reschedule, contact the seller, and explain the situation, he is going to have to organise sending it back, or he may give you details to do so. Im sure the seller will be reasonable and help you the best he/she can. They are probably going themselves and bought a few extra tickets to make a few pennies.

Send some emails!

I bought a ticket off eBay before for more than the face value of the ticket. Didnt have any trouble. Neither did the other 4 people I went with.

With regards to the reschedule, contact the seller, and explain the situation, he is going to have to organise sending it back, or he may give you details to do so. Im sure the seller will be reasonable and help you the best he/she can. They are probably going themselves and bought a few extra tickets to make a few pennies.

Send some emails!

Yea, i just checked my email. He is a Morrissey fan too, just as gutted as the rest of us, hotel booked, tickets booked etc...but he's been very helpful indeed. He's probably registered here, wouldnt be surpised if i have talked to him on here.

Sweet..............misery loves company.

Sweet..............misery loves company.

Oi .. i'm not miserable. Just fed up. :guitar:

I ebayed my ticket (my family were refusing to let me go due to my state of advanced pregnancy) so I assume if I get a refund for the ticket, I'll pass that on to the buyer.

Seems reasonable enough to me. Of course if someone is charging triple face value for a gig ticket then they have little sense of decency methinks.

Back
Top Bottom