What did everyone come out of the weekend with?

L

Laura

I have a brand spankin' new case of meningitis...Viral thank God, and we are hoping we caught it in time before I get into one of those 5 to 15% who die even though they have been put onto rigorous antibiotic regimens. Otherwise, I may sit here some time in the future with no eye sight, not able to hear anyone, and even possibly more brain damage than those who have done enough to themselves through extensive drug usage. I guess that would leave me at some of your level of intelligence, so I suppose you could say I would be thinking like so many here already! Ha, that wasn't fair, I'm sorry. I am a bit cranky after being housed for a weekend sleeping 18 hours a day, and trying to remember all who I came into contact with.

I hope none of you ever have to go through this. It is more miserable than the case of Mono I had that led into the weakening of my liver when I was 16. I mean, sh*t!!!

But then, some pitiful souls will think I am looking for sympathy, when all I am doing is what they are doing on a constant basis, only I am doing it occasionally. I can say this: I now know through a lovely weekend in the Ozarks (yes, the F*cking OZARKS!!!) that I am able to steer a canoe down at least 8 miles of river with my twin, without her killing me nor me killing her. And I can live through an almost tornado. But when the air conditioning in the wet cabin gave in, I was OUTTA there!

Laura

Back
Top Bottom