Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 47 of 47

Thread: help me get THPGU played on local radio!

  1. #41

    Default Re: stephk817: You'll have to do better than that!

    Quote Originally Posted by stephk817 View Post
    He only wishes he was.

    FYI AndrewGMooney,

    You are on ignore.
    Good. So you won't have to wrestle with the temptation of any further attemtp to justify your illogical, contradictory and abusive attitudes to mental illness under the guise of supporting Morrissey's 'right' to airplay.

    Morrissey, an artist who from the earliest days of his career to now has explicitly championed the cause of 'nutters' who couldn't cope, who were 'still ill' and who were 'not quite right in the head'. Why on earth would I take you seriously after you called me a 'nutter'. Or any of the other single brain celled organisms who have come out to 'support' you?

    Why would I wish to be Chris Crocker? In terms of wit, intellect and looks, he's an anthill: I'm Everest. I do hope you keep to your pledge to 'ignore' me. You are a deeply boring and arrogant poster who, when soundly thrashed in a debate, resorts to petulance and avoidance strategies. You haven't engaged, justified or explained your irrational comments. So just piss off from my screen space. Because you can't.

    It's not the first time someones jumped out of the ring and fled to the dressing room, and I'm sure it won't be the last.

    Your history of depression might just have something to do with the cognitive dissonance of your own experience of the condition: Whilst simultaneously disparaging other sufferers of mental distress, just because they don't make music you value.

    It doesn't take much to expose the fraudsters here or anywhere else. The 'toxic' fans of Morrissey who have never actually digested one of his core messages: Tolerance. The fact that he sometimes loses the plot and lashes out jealously at those more famous that himself is a sign of his own insecurities, and certainly nothing to support or endorse.

    I think for myself. I am my own man. Morrissey is an entertainer who I value for his published work. That's all. It's a commercial transaction on both sides. I pay. He plays.

    His infamous leaked laptop email bemoaning Sanctuary's failure to promote singles from ROTT shows he is an astute player in his own career. He hardly needs 'street teams' or singular/collective fans to state his case for A-List Playlist inclusion! It's sweet that some of his fans/audience would volunteer their time and effort to try to assist that purpose but it's hardly likely to make a difference.

    If his radio profile is not as expected, I'm sure he'll be making merry hell at Decca. And quite rightly.

  2. #42

    Default Re: stephk817: You'll have to do better than that!

    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewGMooney View Post
    Good. So you won't have to wrestle with the temptation of any further attemtp to justify your illogical, contradictory and abusive attitudes to mental illness under the guise of supporting Morrissey's 'right' to airplay.

    Morrissey, an artist who from the earliest days of his career to now has explicitly championed the cause of 'nutters' who couldn't cope, who were 'still ill' and who were 'not quite right in the head'. Why on earth would I take you seriously after you called me a 'nutter'. Or any of the other single brain celled organisms who have come out to 'support' you?

    Why would I wish to be Chris Crocker? In terms of wit, intellect and looks, he's an anthill: I'm Everest. I do hope you keep to your pledge to 'ignore' me. You are a deeply boring and arrogant poster who, when soundly thrashed in a debate, resorts to petulance and avoidance strategies. You haven't engaged, justified or explained your irrational comments. So just piss off from my screen space. Because you can't.

    It's not the first time someones jumped out of the ring and fled to the dressing room, and I'm sure it won't be the last.

    Your history of depression might just have something to do with the cognitive dissonance of your own experience of the condition: Whilst simultaneously disparaging other sufferers of mental distress, just because they don't make music you value.

    It doesn't take much to expose the fraudsters here or anywhere else. The 'toxic' fans of Morrissey who have never actually digested one of his core messages: Tolerance. The fact that he sometimes loses the plot and lashes out jealously at those more famous that himself is a sign of his own insecurities, and certainly nothing to support or endorse.

    I think for myself. I am my own man. Morrissey is an entertainer who I value for his published work. That's all. It's a commercial transaction on both sides. I pay. He plays.

    His infamous leaked laptop email bemoaning Sanctuary's failure to promote singles from ROTT shows he is an astute player in his own career. He hardly needs 'street teams' or singular/collective fans to state his case for A-List Playlist inclusion! It's sweet that some of his fans/audience would volunteer their time and effort to try to assist that purpose but it's hardly likely to make a difference.

    If his radio profile is not as expected, I'm sure he'll be making merry hell at Decca. And quite rightly.
    serious

  3. #43

    Default Re: help me get THPGU played on local radio! Reply to Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewGMooney View Post
    Good. So you won't have to wrestle with the temptation of any further attemtp to justify your illogical, contradictory and abusive attitudes to mental illness under the guise of supporting Morrissey's 'right' to airplay.

    Morrissey, an artist who from the earliest days of his career to now has explicitly championed the cause of 'nutters' who couldn't cope, who were 'still ill' and who were 'not quite right in the head'. Why on earth would I take you seriously after you called me a 'nutter'. Or any of the other single brain celled organisms who have come out to 'support' you?

    Why would I wish to be Chris Crocker? In terms of wit, intellect and looks, he's an anthill: I'm Everest. I do hope you keep to your pledge to 'ignore' me. You are a deeply boring and arrogant poster who, when soundly thrashed in a debate, resorts to petulance and avoidance strategies. You haven't engaged, justified or explained your irrational comments. So just piss off from my screen space. Because you can't.

    It's not the first time someones jumped out of the ring and fled to the dressing room, and I'm sure it won't be the last.

    Your history of depression might just have something to do with the cognitive dissonance of your own experience of the condition: Whilst simultaneously disparaging other sufferers of mental distress, just because they don't make music you value.

    It doesn't take much to expose the fraudsters here or anywhere else. The 'toxic' fans of Morrissey who have never actually digested one of his core messages: Tolerance. The fact that he sometimes loses the plot and lashes out jealously at those more famous that himself is a sign of his own insecurities, and certainly nothing to support or endorse.

    I think for myself. I am my own man. Morrissey is an entertainer who I value for his published work. That's all. It's a commercial transaction on both sides. I pay. He plays.

    His infamous leaked laptop email bemoaning Sanctuary's failure to promote singles from ROTT shows he is an astute player in his own career. He hardly needs 'street teams' or singular/collective fans to state his case for A-List Playlist inclusion! It's sweet that some of his fans/audience would volunteer their time and effort to try to assist that purpose but it's hardly likely to make a difference.

    If his radio profile is not as expected, I'm sure he'll be making merry hell at Decca. And quite rightly.


    One poster mentioned she was tired of hearing Britney, I agreed. God forgive me for saying her music sucks. I made a poor comment about you being a nutter, I'm sorry but that was the gut impression I had and just typed instead of ignoring you. I did take the time to check your profile out and edited out my post upon reading you are bipolar.

    If you go back and read I edited the first two of my posts right after I submitted but you had already copied the post and then went on your diatribes. You pissed me off and I did something I don't usually do, reacted. I know better.

    I do apologize for using a term I don't normally use. Why not go back and read your first post in this thread where you really went overboard about people shutting the fuck up about Britney and saying:

    So Hellie, back off bitch. Male or female. Or I'll bitch slap you round this prison-cell till you can't think your way out of a paper bag.
    No more Mr Nice Guy. Not that I ever was.
    You threatened another poster in your first post on this thread just for stating she was tired of hearing her music. We don't have to like her music on this forum. This isn't britneyspears.com. Just because we don't like her music doesn't mean we want her to continue on her destructive path. If she continues to refuse treatment and doing all she can to keep her name in the public then the best thing for her is for everyone to ignore her and stop feeding her attention addiction. I don't feel too sorry for her after she walked out of psychiatric intervention twice before she could get stable. There are too many mentally ill people out there who would love to have the financial means Britney has to get treatment. I feel for those people.
    Last edited by stephk817; February 12, 2008 at 10:04 PM.

  4. #44

    Default Begone!

    Quote Originally Posted by HIM View Post
    serious
    Yes I am serious. Are you? Or just another clueless joker. Don't waste my time ingrate. You can polish my boots one day, but other than that I see no purpose to your continued existence. Begone!

  5. #45

    Question Stephk817: Peace, Love and Harmony? Maybe......

    Hello there Stephk817,

    I’m supposed to be on your ‘ignore’ list! Never mind: Let’s put this to bed and let it ‘rest in peace‘. I’ve been graced with a communication from Corrissey, whose opinion I respect:

    So I’m going to try to be nice, even though I have spent my whole life in ruins, etc. If you pop over to the main board you’ll find the following post from me written just before reading your reply, entitled: ‘Thanks Corrissey and Cashews’

    “Hello Corrissey,
    Nice of you to introduce yourself. I've enjoyed your patient posts. I shall endeavour to model your saint-like patience! But perhaps I'm often just being l'agent - provocateur? What's the point in having a 'heated debate' if the topic stays luke-warm, tepid and insipid?
    There may be 'method' in my 'madness'...or maybe not. I have a 'dark' sense of humour which perhaps doesn't come across without my rather startling physical beauty and silken tones. Oh, and I must try that whole 'modesty' and 'self-deprecation' trip one day.
    But your point, and that of Cashews below, has been noted and will be considered carefully.
    I'll maybe pop over to the Forums and apologize for ripping some poor innocent to shreds for the criminal temerity of challenging my infallible opinions (joking. Honestly: I am!)
    I'll turn over a new leaf....and rip it up! Oh dear, couldn't resist that one.
    Kind regards to you both.”

    I hope that provides some ‘context’ for my ‘diatribes’. I don’t do ‘diatribes’: I do cultural provocation. I’m here for a reason and the reason is to challenge myself, and anyone else who may be interested, to move beyond their current cultural comfort zones. Whether it’s racism, homophobia, sexism or intolerance of mental health challenges: I draw a line in the sand. And when it’s crossed, I raise my sword.

    There’s no need for you to apologize, but I‘m grateful to you for reflecting further on our unfortunate exchanges. I’m thick-skinned. I’m used to abuse. I’ve had it all my life. It’s not going to stop. I’m ‘over it’.

    I did not ’threaten’ a poster. I intentionally and ironically used the language of the prison inmate to make a very forceful point. If you go back to the text I reacted to you’ll find this:

    “ They all seem to be playing Britney "bury me in a "y" shape coffin “

    As far as I’m concerned that is NOT just saying one is tired of hearing Britney Spears on the radio. That is an atrocious and gratuitous celebration of the possible upcoming suicide of a deeply troubled mother-of-two. The reference to a Y-shaped coffin is even worse: Just more double-standards on sexual freedom applied solely because she’s a woman. Her ‘stardom’ doesn’t come into it.
    The fact that she has sold zillions of records might have something to do with the fact that she is always on the radio, but let’s just forget that for now.

    I agree this is not the place to discuss Ms Britney Spears: So I would request that people stop doing so in an inflammatory and provocative way. I may not even be a Britney fan! I may just be using her predicament as a ‘Trojan Horse’ to read the riot act on this Forum about casual cruelty and intolerance towards mental health sufferers:
    Such as Morrissey. Kate2828. Britney. And myself.

    I never ‘post in anger‘, despite how it may appear. Every single word is evaluated and considered. I want to be ‘louder than bombs’, otherwise what’s the point? I’m not here to comfort or console anyone for any reason.
    Being taken in by the PaparNazi pack of wolves and repeating their death-wishes is hardly dignified behaviour on a site dedicated to Morrissey. Or is it?

    Try this:

    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/me...ey-781522.html

    And especially this:

    http://www.latimes.com/news/printedi...ck=1&cset=true

    The issue of resources for treatment is secondary to the illness itself. And there’s a terrible dilemma in forcing treatment on anyone because the condition is so insidious that a survivor may appear to be ‘in recovery’ and ‘back to normal’ when they’re just pausing for breath between either a manic or a depressive episode.

    Trust me: I’ve been there. It sounds such fun staying up for 10 days and nights, fucking, drinking and drugging yourself to hell and back. Very ‘rock’n’roll’. Actually, it feels like electrocution. And, yes, I’ve suffered a near-fatal electrocution to add to my ridiculous run of luck.

    You may be aware that there are now serious proposals to change the law in America regarding the ‘human rights of celebrities’. And we could certainly do with that here in the U.K where nothing has been learnt from the Diana death (even if that was the fault of a drunk driver, she was being hounded to an early death anyway).

    Let’s conclude with a little ‘thought experiment’.

    Morrissey has recently previewed a song called ‘Something Is Squeezing My Skull’ on stage. I saw every show in the U.K and I’m still not sure if he’s ‘for real’ or whether it’s just an empathetic statement along the lines of ‘November Spawned A Monster’.

    Let’s suppose it’s about him. It really is a ‘diary entry‘. Let’s then imagine a scenario whereby he ‘cracks up’ under the pressure of the scheduled libel case against the NME. He loses the case and descends into aggrieved ‘madness’. He behaves increasingly irrationally, shaves his head, bashes NME journalists with his umbrella, is sectioned under mental health legislation, pretends recovery, absconds to Rome and (following in the steps of Kurt’s failed attempt in the same city):

    Morrissey commits suicide.

    Most of the posters here would be distraught. So would I. In their distress they attempt to distract themselves by visiting, say, an Oasis or a Babyshambles site. The artist doesn’t matter. They find postings openly celebrating and glorifying Morrissey’s suicide. Would you expect them to remain calm? To be ‘reasonable’?

    No you wouldn’t. I ‘executed’ an evil poster on the main board for taunting and goading newbie fans, pulling them up for not having every arcane slip of info about The Smiths and Morrissey immediately to hand. I haven’t seen that ‘entity’ since. And I don’t regret ending their campaign of evil one bit. You are not evil as far as I can see.

    Corrissey is right to caution me in my ‘anger’ but it doesn’t actually mean it’s ‘real’. It may all just have been a very detailed, subtle and effective form of political provocation and praxis.
    I post under my real, legal name, but that doesn’t mean everything I say is ‘real’. Or ‘unreal’. I’m into subtlety, anarchy. And lyrical, satirical, surrealist literary terrorism. And I’m extremely effective.

    The rest of you here may not like it. Why would I care? I’ll never meet any of you. And no: I don’t do ‘modesty’ or ‘self-deprecation’. Why on earth would I?

    So, no hard feelings. I appreciate you re-considering your position. I apologise for upsetting you with my ‘intemperate’ remarks. But I’m no joker. I’m the real fucking deal. And I mean business in a very big way. Not just here on this site, but on a much larger platform.

    Take care and thank you for listening. I am looking forward to enjoying the YouTube links to Louisiana’s finest that you provided.

    I think the point and purpose of my temporary presence on this Forum and this Site in general has now been served.

    Just look at my Avatar. I know who I am, where I came from, and who I am the ’re-incarnation’ of. And if that’s too cryptic, then so be it.

    I hope you all live long lives and that Morrissey, Britney, Kate2828 and myself move on from current predicaments to a better place.

    Peace, Love and Harmony? Maybe in the next world…….

    Kind regards to you all.
    AndrewGMooney

    Mission accomplished.
    Over and out.
    All further scheduled transmissions terminated.
    20:12 / 20/12 / 2012AD A*******Z.com

  6. #46

    Default Re: Begone!

    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewGMooney View Post
    Yes I am serious.
    the initial gives it away.

  7. #47
    Senior Member Maradona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Posts
    225

    Default Re: Begone!

    Dearie me.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. Radio 1 recording of THPGU request
    By Ethan Poe in forum Downloads / Bootlegs archive 2007 (read-only)
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: December 21, 2007, 02:57 PM
  2. Moz Concert Ad on Local Phoenix Radio
    By Vauxhall95 in forum General Discussion archive 2007 (read-only)
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: May 26, 2007, 08:02 PM
  3. a bit of local radio station Moz humor
    By Suswa in forum General Discussion archive 2005 (read-only)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: July 3, 2005, 04:16 PM
  4. please call your local college and alternative radio stations
    By The Sickerthings in forum General Discussion archive 2004 (read-only)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: November 30, 2004, 03:27 PM
  5. Support THE SMITHS on local radio!!!
    By Shadowplay in forum General Discussion archive 2003 (read-only)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: December 8, 2003, 03:05 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •