Meat Is Murder Test Pressing

I recently came across a Meat Is Murder TP with the catolog number ROULP 81. Similar to ROUGH81. No mention on passions about the number.

Does anyone else have one? Is it the same on theirs?

Any info would be great! Thanks!

Meat Is Murder (white label-test pressing)

Hi just wondering if any one on here can help. I am considering selling alot of my Smiths collectable vinyl and am in the final stages of sense vs sentiment. I'm mostly ok on the value of the majority of my collection but there is just 1 item that i can find no information on. i have a white label test pressing of the meat is murder album i paid £80 for it back in 92/93 it is mint condition as i have never played it allthough the sleeve is a little tatty. Any one have any ideas i would be very grateful. thank you

Re: Meat Is Murder (white label-test pressing)

If it's the album, then look at Number 78 - worth £35. In 1992 it was valued at £15

http://uk.geocities.com/stuartincambodia/record_collector.htm

If it was a single, then look at number 3 & 4 - £1000+

Dave

ps Been thinking about my response - if it's a test pressing - why is it in a sleeve? Probably more like a promo - less rare and less expensive. What are the serial numbers in the run off grooves?

Last edited:

Hi just wondering if any one on here can help. I am considering selling alot of my Smiths collectable vinyl and am in the final stages of sense vs sentiment. I'm mostly ok on the value of the majority of my collection but there is just 1 item that i can find no information on. i have a white label test pressing of the meat is murder album i paid £80 for it back in 92/93 it is mint condition as i have never played it allthough the sleeve is a little tatty. Any one have any ideas i would be very grateful. thank you

Please consider the forum when selling, thanks a million.
Cheers Moz

Thanks Dave, its just in a plain white sleeve with a meat is murder sticker on. Following your info have researched further and it is indeed looking more like the 12inch run out groove is our souls our souls our souls. RT186 will keep searching and may well put it up for sale with a few other bits.

Back
Top Bottom