Make-up warning

chica

v2.0
CHEMICALS found in lipstick and nail polish could trigger breast cancer, scientists have warned.

A study has shown that butyl benzyl phthalate, or BBP, can interfere with the healthy development of breast tissue.

Environmental campaigners called for it to be banned in the cosmetic industry, where it is used to make products glossy.

The man-made substance is part of the phthalate family of chemicals, which mimic the female sex hormone oestrogen.

Phthalates are widely used to soften plastics and are found in food packaging, toys, carpets and solvents.

Past studies have linked them to birth defects, kidney problems and infertility. They have been banned in teething rings and babies' dummies across Europe.

Now Philadelphia scientists say that BBP which accumulates in fat cells could increase the risks of breast cancer.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,22885049-36398,00.html

lucky for me, lately i've been working on the faux lesbian trifecta: addiction to video games, learning electric guitar, and never wearing makeup. thank god im married or i'd be single forever :D

Wives And Lovers

(Burt Bacharach & Hal David)​

Hey! Little Girl
Comb your hair, fix your makeup
Soon he will open the door
Don't think because there's a ring on your finger
You needn't try anymore​

For wives should always be lovers too
Run to his arms the moment he comes home to you
I'm warning you...​

Day after day
There are girls at the office
And men will always be men
Don't send him off with your hair still in curlers
You may not see him again​

For wives should always be lovers too
Run to his arms the moment he comes home to you
He's almost here...​

Hey! Little girl
Better wear something pretty
Something you'd wear to go to the city and
Dim all the lights, pour the wine, start the music
Time to get ready for love
Time to get ready

Time to get ready for love:p

Is that how you lose a husband? Wow... I guess being a raging bitch all these years was the wrong approach. Hell, this sounds easy.

I'll be back later, must go buy some curlers.

CHEMICALS found in lipstick and nail polish could trigger breast cancer, scientists have warned.

A study has shown that butyl benzyl phthalate, or BBP, can interfere with the healthy development of breast tissue.

Environmental campaigners called for it to be banned in the cosmetic industry, where it is used to make products glossy.

The man-made substance is part of the phthalate family of chemicals, which mimic the female sex hormone oestrogen.

Phthalates are widely used to soften plastics and are found in food packaging, toys, carpets and solvents.

Past studies have linked them to birth defects, kidney problems and infertility. They have been banned in teething rings and babies' dummies across Europe.

Now Philadelphia scientists say that BBP which accumulates in fat cells could increase the risks of breast cancer.

I actually got an email about this from the Cancer Society. Apparently, fast-food containers (those tall, clear soup containers that you get from take-out joints) are now considered a cancer risk. The chemicals leach out into the hot liquid and into your body. Since I'm already in trouble, I asked the woman at my local lunch place if she could heat up my food in a porcelain bowl. I felt like quite a fool asking for that, but she was very understanding.

The fact that lipstick is now suspect is just further evidence that there is no god.

oh my god, i forgot the football. maybe that's a faux lesbian quad-fecta.
and CORNY my hubby dated me sans makeup im sure not gonna start putting it on now (except for special occasions when i'm supposed to look ladylike)
I consider myself lucky. I look decent without loading BS on my face. the most i ever do is eyeshadow, mascara and lipgloss when i DO put the shat on.

oh my god, i forgot the football. maybe that's a faux lesbian quad-fecta.
and CORNY my hubby dated me sans makeup im sure not gonna start putting it on now (except for special occasions when i'm supposed to look ladylike)
I consider myself lucky. I look decent without loading BS on my face. the most i ever do is eyeshadow, mascara and lipgloss when i DO put the shat on.

I just have to post this. ;) I spend way too much time on youtube, sorry.. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

think is, how much of it would you have to use to get cancer? They said something similar about deoderent a couple of years ago, people went into a panic, then they said it was only a low risk. These days, everything seems to give you cancer. I think a lot of it is down to genes, and, to be honest, luck.

think is, how much of it would you have to use to get cancer? They said something similar about deoderent a couple of years ago, people went into a panic, then they said it was only a low risk. These days, everything seems to give you cancer. I think a lot of it is down to genes, and, to be honest, luck.

There was also a big scare about sodium lauryl sulphate, which is a foaming agent used in shampoo, bubble bath, etc. Then it was decided that you'd only be at risk from it if you used industrial amounts.

I think we're all much more likely to get cancer from using microwaves every day and breathing polluted air than from a bit of lip gloss. But I'm not a scientist, that's for sure.

Back
Top Bottom