What's the title of this film?

CapriciousCorin

Many years ago I saw a film or only half the film. I forget the title, but the memory I have of the film is beautiful and strong. That's why I want to watch it now, so please remind me of it's name. Here follow the only clues I can give.

It's a drama from the 90's. It's set in a ghetto in New York City, I think. White male middle-class teacher comes there to teach and becomes acquainted to a female teacher of the school. At one point, one evening, they sit in her livingroom and listen to "Blue in Green" by Miles Davies. I think the movies title has the number 8 in it.

Anyone?

:)

Many years ago I saw a film or only half the film. I forget the title, but the memory I have of the film is beautiful and strong. That's why I want to watch it now, so please remind me of it's name. Here follow the only clues I can give.

It's a drama from the 90's. It's set in a ghetto in New York City, I think. White male middle-class teacher comes there to teach and becomes acquainted to a female teacher of the school. At one point, one evening, they sit in her livingroom and listen to "Blue in Green" by Miles Davies. I think the movies title has the number 8 in it.

Anyone?

That film is called Patronizing Horseshit. It's one of my favorites.

Don't be an arse, it was only a question.

By the way, could it be this one - which I have on video.

Peter

Although it's got an almost identical plot to that of "Stand and Deliver", the film I'm looking for is more mellow and quiet, and it's about an Afro-american neighbourhood, not a hispanic one. But thank you anyways!

Anyone?

It's called 187 starring Samuel L Jackson. ;)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118531/

Don't be an arse, it was only a question.

I was not being an arse, I was making a joke. I did so after searching a database of film soundtracks to try and find one that had the Miles Davis track he mentioned. The All Music Guide tends to crash my browser, though.

You are being an arse. Arse.

Incidentally, while we're interacting: did you ever yourself, during discussion of the NME scandal, refer back to the whole "Jed Skullcap" business you'd dredged up? Shouldn't you have come forward as a witness for the prosecution? You had after all said that we "deserved an explanation" (loose paraphrase) at the time, which was more or less what the NME said of the latter business.

Just wondering.

This is also 1970s Sidney poitier's "To Sir, with Love " plot

It's the plot of a whole repellent genre of films. (There was actually a discussion-within-a-discussion of them on this forum, once.) That was the point of my joke that Skinny disliked.

It's called 187 starring Samuel L Jackson. ;)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118531/

There's a white teacher in that? I haven' t seen it, but he did mention a white teacher. Seems like he does mean that one in light of the number thing though.

Unless he's talking about Patronizing Horseshit Part 8.

I was not being an arse, I was making a joke. I did so after searching a database of film soundtracks to try and find one that had the Miles Davis track he mentioned. The All Music Guide tends to crash my browser, though.

You are being an arse. Arse.

Incidentally, while we're interacting: did you ever yourself, during discussion of the NME scandal, refer back to the whole "Jed Skullcap" business you'd dredged up? Shouldn't you have come forward as a witness for the prosecution? You had after all said that we "deserved an explanation" (loose paraphrase) at the time, which was more or less what the NME said of the latter business.

Just wondering.

It's the plot of a whole repellent genre of films. (There was actually a discussion-within-a-discussion of them on this forum, once.) That was the point of my joke that Skinny disliked.

There's a white teacher in that? I haven' t seen it, but he did mention a white teacher. Seems like he does mean that one in light of the number thing though.

Unless he's talking about Patronizing Horseshit Part 8.

CapriciousCorin is a woman, BTW.

No need for bringing up totally irrelevant Jed Scullcap stuff in here.
You are an arse, don't come back.

yeah, i know. By the way i saw that 187 movie and it's frigging disturbing when he goes SPOILER= and kills that kid with the bow arrow i mean WTF?? he was supposed ti be a good guy

i hate this kind of movies

i also hate the ones that go the other way around, the ones that are not "ghetto" but "academic" AKA dead poet society, emperor's club etc

hahah i'm watching Dogma right now, alanis morrisette totally rules

Back
Top Bottom