I will see you in far-off places

mozmal

Beastly Little Parasite
What do our American friends think of the "and if the U.S.A. doesn't bomb you" line? I read on another site that one particular fan hated the line and thought it was Moz's single worst line ever written. Opinions, please.

What do our American friends think of the "and if the U.S.A. doesn't bomb you" line? I read on another site that one particular fan hated the line and thought it was Moz's single worst line ever written. Opinions, please.

Doesn't bother me at all. In fact, "America Is Not the World" is one of my favorite songs. It is possible to be a patriotic American and not support the foreign and/or domestic policies of the President.

Must agree- It saddens me to think that many of my fellow Americans can blindly follow those in the executive office and stand against all those whom question the collective actions of the US. Love that song very much- Bravo Moz!

As an American the only regrette I have about the line is a two parter a. that our foreign policy is so abysmal that that line is true and b. that he didnt use the live redo of "If George W. Bush doesnt kill you" :)

As one living in middle America, I had quite a chuckle when I first heard the line.

I feel it's pretty spot on, considering the way things are these days.

- ana

Doesn't bother me at all. In fact, "America Is Not the World" is one of my favorite songs. It is possible to be a patriotic American and not support the foreign and/or domestic policies of the President.

a-f***ing-men

I enjoy the line personally, I enjoy even more, when he plays it live and he says 'if bush doesnt bomb you' becuase after all, it's the truth

I'm an American and I say Morrissey is right...as do most fans...

America is not full of retarded hillbillies...they just play them on tv (cnn)

We've been together for too long-you're speaking for me now. I suppose next you'll be ordering off the menu for me too :D Tho I don't really like the song 'America', I love his ad lib.

Only 1 year, 1 month, 4 days, 10 hours and 58 minutes left :rolleyes:

We've been together for too long-you're speaking for me now. I suppose next you'll be ordering off the menu for me too :D Tho I don't really like the song 'America', I love his ad lib.

Only 1 year, 1 month, 4 days, 10 hours and 58 minutes left :rolleyes:

You're sweet...

P.S. We're out of milk, can you get some on your way home?:)

i find it appropriate for the times we are living.

the wiki for ringleader makes me laugh... (a hahaha-ha-ha)

"Speculation at various Morrissey fansites have suggested the song is about Osama bin Laden, and that "far-off places" is a metaphor for hell."

the line "looking to the camera" makes me think of how it could be about bin laden, releasing videos "looking to the camera messing around" threatening the world.

the metaphor for hell makes me think of twister sister's burn in hell with morrissey saying.. "YOU'RE GONNA BURN IN HELL"

As far as I know, the USA has not bombed you. That's not to say that you haven't bombed the USA, but we'll save that for the Drama of the Year Poll. :D

I am home. You get it yourself. Or better yet, tell your wife to!! :p

If I could "tell" my wife to do anything, do you think I'd be having these "quiff" issues?:)

P.S. You, me, and my wife in the same thread. This could get interesting. "Quiffy" approves. "Quiffy" likes. DO CONTINUE...:)

As far as I know, the USA has not bombed you. That's not to say that you haven't bombed the USA, but we'll save that for the Drama of the Year Poll. :D

Well yes, but that is because President George W. Bush bravely secured the airspace over Texas while serving for the Texas Air National Guard during the Vietnam War. No one was going to bomb Houston on his watch!:)

I'm an American and I say Morrissey is right...as do most fans...

America is not full of retarded hillbillies...they just play them on tv (cnn)

America is not full of retarded hillbillies...they just play them on the FOX NEWS CHANNEL (and many of them have anchor jobs)!

Well yes, but that is because President George W. Bush bravely secured the airspace over Texas while serving for the Texas Air National Guard during the Vietnam War. No one was going to bomb Houston on his watch!:)

Irrelevant Confession Time: I always liked the taste of TANG and the dashboard on my sister's bug is so ginormous you can place a large pizza on it with room left over. :)

My decolletage is itching again today. Wanna see?

Yes please Miss!:p <---that was the closest "Emoticon" I could find to a man panting...:)

P.S. But I'm a gentleman and would gladly settle for the other eye.:)

Back
Top Bottom