My Moz shirts for sale

Ha, well in a sense yes; however, it's pretty much going straight back to him and some people are getting a shirt that they like. I wrote that because someone made it seem like I was just some random guy trying to scheme.

So you have approval from Morrissey to make money from his name, or have you decided it is ok because you spend money buying tickets to attend concerts?

I'm glad to hear you have a clear conscious.

So you have approval from Morrissey to make money from his name, or have you decided it is ok because you spend money buying tickets to attend concerts?

I'm glad to hear you have a clear conscious.

M23
What are you on?
Do tribute bands have approval?
Does the Morrissey disco in Manchester and other places have approval?
What about the various 'after show parties' following gigs?
What about the authors of 'Songs That Saved Your Life' or 'Morrissey's Manchester'?
What about websites like Morrisseytour.com and shoplifters Union? They sell merchandise too?
What about the annual Convention in LA?

I don't hear you rallying against the above and they make a bit of money (some of them a fair bit of money I would reckon), so what is different here?:confused:

Last edited:
@ Moz23:
Didnt take Moz himself approval from Oscar Wilde, Shelagh Delaney, Elvis Presley, Terence Stamp, Joe Dallesandro etc. or even from the Krays, Jack the Ripper, the Queen, or actually the Raiders, etc. ... so where is the problem? Or did he always managed to ask them for permission to get money with their names? Hard job to do so with Oscar Wilde, maybe Moz uses his Ouija Board, who knows? ... oh, I forgot... "genius borrows" sry

@ PregnantForTheLastTime:
Sure with the US law? What about the Paparazzi, which earn a lot of money with their starpictures or the press? They releases articles to earn money without the permission of the celebs...

@ChadM:
Good job! Sure nothing for me, but still nice!

Last edited:
and at least they're using the money for Moz tickets, and not another band. So it's selling Moz shirts for Moz tickets. I think it's a great idea to sell Moz shirts so you can be able to see Moz.

I think selling Moz t-shirts is a good idea, whoever the f*** printed them, for whatever f***ing reason.

More Moz shirts printed = More Moz shirts worn = more promotion for Moz.

Bad thing? Hardly..

@ PregnantForTheLastTime:
Sure with the US law? What about the Paparazzi, which earn a lot of money with their starpictures or the press? They releases articles to earn money without the permission of the celebs...

Yeah, I can't quote you the exact language or precedent, but that's the way the law works. The press is different. Don't ask me, I just know you can't make and sell stuff with a famous person's face on it, or use their face or name to promote your product, without their permission, or you expose yourself to liability. But ChadM probably already knew that.

But I'm not saying or suggesting ChadM should stop- it's not for me to say. Somebody brought up English law, which doesn't apply here, so I mentioned what I know of American law.

The only reason I even know this is because I tried to get little badges made for Solo-ers to wear at the NYC shows, and CafePress wouldn't make them and cited the law to me to explain why.

Happy now?

The following words spring to mind:
BIGGER FISH TO FRY

I very much doubt Morrissey's lawyers really give a damn about stuff like this, especially at this moment in time.

Cafe press are crap anyway. Go and google "pin badge makers" and find independent companies that make badges.

:D:D

Yeah, I can't quote you the exact language or precedent, but that's the way the law works. The press is different. Don't ask me, I just know you can't make and sell stuff with a famous person's face on it, or use their face or name to promote your product, without their permission, or you expose yourself to liability. But ChadM probably already knew that.

But I'm not saying or suggesting ChadM should stop- it's not for me to say. Somebody brought up English law, which doesn't apply here, so I mentioned what I know of American law.

The only reason I even know this is because I tried to get little badges made for Solo-ers to wear at the NYC shows, and CafePress wouldn't make them and cited the law to me to explain why.

Happy now?

Why happy? I just wondering about the different handling of celeb-art for press and other...

I just know the german law, which says that "People of public interest" couldnt do anything against being photographed and released (maybe for profit) So if you take a picture of a celeb, you can release it without permission. In this case a shirt is a medium as a magazin for my opinion...

Nice t-shirt. Nice entrepreneurial spirit. So many lame Moz shirts out there I'm glad someone's makin' a good one. So many people seem to skip the most important part; a good shirt, and not some piece of crap Hanes Beefy-Tee. Perhaps American Apparel for the next batch?

Nice t-shirt. Nice entrepreneurial spirit. So many lame Moz shirts out there I'm glad someone's makin' a good one. So many people seem to skip the most important part; a good shirt, and not some piece of crap Hanes Beefy-Tee. Perhaps American Apparel for the next batch?

Thanks for the kind words! These shirts are actually a bit higher quality than American Apparel. I've used AA tees on a few a other projects and found that the quality control is always a bit off(non consistent sizing) and that AA shirts often stretch weird after worn all day. These fit slim, don't stretch out awkwardly, and keep their color very well over the course of multiple washes!

Back
Top Bottom