Help Me Moz-Solo - You're My Only Hope

Uncleskinny

It's all good
Subscriber
So, I'm in this X-Factor style siging contest, and I'm in the last 4. They want me to do a country song and a disco dong for the next round on Sunday, and I'm stumped. For the country I have Misty by Ray Stevens, but the disco one has me stumped. They're either lady singers or chaps with a very high register - can you think of a disco-era song, sung by a bloke, with a medium register, nothing too high. I know you can do it - all the musical knowledge out there...

Peter

I will survive - gloria gaynor

love

Grim

Oooooookaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy - I can see where this is going. No lady songs, no Village People songs, please. People will begin to talk...

Peter

I think if you put on a dress & wig it might impress the judges no?

OKOK a male disco song? hmmn how about disco-ing up a Smiths or Moz song, let's be creative eh?

love

Grim
P.s. last time I went to a disco it was 'bye bye baby' by the bay city rollers

Barry White?? I think some of his stuff could be catagorized as disco...

You'll Never Find Another Love Like Mine (or something like that) by Lou Rawls?

Oh - how about KC and the Sunshine Band? Earth Wind and Fire with Maurice White doing vocals as Phil Bailey would be too high of a range.

Barry White?? I think some of his stuff could be catagorized as disco...

Big Bazza 'with a medium register' hmmn dinnae think so eh?

love

Grim

summat by soft cell maybe?

love

Grim

Lionel Ritchie and the Commodores?

If you sing Brickhouse you have to post it.

KC and the Sunshine Band?

If it was me, I'd want to sing West End Girls. Not much singing, and you could get someone to stand next to you and look bored. It might be a hit.

How about Michael Jackson or Patrick Hernandez' Born to be Alive? :D

I love you, I can just see Skinny as Mikey J. PMSL

love

Grim

These are all excellent - I like the Patrick Hernandez & Earth Wind & Fire ones. Me and the missus have had the Guinness book of hit singles open - What do you reckon to Gonzalez, Shalamar, Tavares, O'Jays? Do Level 42 count? Probably not.

Peter

I love you, I can just see Skinny as Mikey J. PMSL

love

Grim

My tan is just as good as his. Now.

When you said Mikey J, I instantly thought of Holiday Rap by MC Miker G & DJ Sven - who remembers that? "We're gonna ringer-ding-dang for a holeedaaay"...oh dear.

Peter

Lionel Ritchie and the Commodores?

If you sing Brickhouse you have to post it.

KC and the Sunshine Band?

If it was me, I'd want to sing West End Girls. Not much singing, and you could get someone to stand next to you and look bored. It might be a hit.

I could do Easy, but it's not as Disco as Brickhouse. Brickhouse is a good one.

Peter

owt by New Order eh?

love

Grim

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom