Guardian Arts Blog Song of the Day: The 1900s

PregnantForTheLastTime

Hideous trait.
While over at the Guardian blog reading Tim Jonze's comments on the Morrissey interview (insert any number of eyerolls here), my eye was drawn to the right sidebar- their song of the day.

Here is the link the Guardian gives: http://jonkmusic.blogspot.com/2007/11/1900s.html

The band is The 1900s. I saw them live last month, and really liked them- it's good to see a local band getting some international attention. Check them out- very pretty 60s inspired pop. The female lead singer has a great presence- I'm looking forward to seeing them again here in Chicago.

So, check them out, if you're interested.

While over at the Guardian blog reading Tim Jonze's comments on the Morrissey interview (insert any number of eyerolls here), my eye was drawn to the right sidebar- their song of the day.

Here is the link the Guardian gives: http://jonkmusic.blogspot.com/2007/11/1900s.html

The band is The 1900s. I saw them live last month, and really liked them- it's good to see a local band getting some international attention. Check them out- very pretty 60s inspired pop. The female lead singer has a great presence- I'm looking forward to seeing them again here in Chicago.

So, check them out, if you're interested.

Damn. When I saw this headline I thought that it was going to feature recordings from 1900. Something like "Stroll with Me Down the Strand To-morrow," or "I Bid Thee Adieu 'til the Dewdrops Drop." Or even the provocative "A Pint of Brandy to Warm my Heart and a Warm Bosom to Cushion my Head," which raised quite a ruckus back in the day.

Damn. When I saw this headline I thought that it was going to feature recordings from 1900. Something like "Stroll with Me Down the Strand To-morrow," or "I Bid Thee Adieu 'til the Dewdrops Drop." Or even the provocative "A Pint of Brandy to Warm my Heart and a Warm Bosom to Cushion my Head," which raised quite a ruckus back in the day.

I love that last song you mentioned, NRITH, I'm told my great-grandfather wooed my great-grandmother to its dulcet strains. Or something like that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom