Morrissey's comments - an issue on Question Time!

i agree with the woman in the audience, he should definatley come to yorkshire! he would be made very welcome in huddersfield by me:D

It's over......
was very wierd watching them discuss comments made by Morrissey!
Dimbleby made it clear they couldn't talk specifically about what Morrissey said as he is taking the NME to court.
The text messages were very good, saying 'Morrissey for PM' and 'Morrissey is right'. One said 'Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now and I don't live in Rome'!

Jukebox Jury

Last edited:
Unbelievable.
I've just stumbled back from the pub, put the telly on and people are discussing Morrissey.
For the non-Brits among you 'Question Time' is the leading political discussion show in the UK and goes out on BBC1. It's a political institution.
Don't know how it was introduced or what people were saying (just caught the last two minutes).
I bet NME can't believe their luck. They decided to jeopardise their relationship with Moz at the prospect of gaining enormous publicity. They've certainly got that but even they couldn't have bargained on a Question Time debate ...

dunno about andrew marr, but andrew neill might :p. at the beginning of the programme they played a clip of katie mellua, who will appear on the show talking about immigration, so i think it's quite likely.

haha i watch it most weeks so i should know its andrew neil really!

I think the whole issue was mis-understood, you need to know a bit more about morrissey than just who is to understand the comments and where they are coming from. If you just know morrissey as a depressed pop star then of course that puts a negative spin on any commentary he makes.

I suppose because we are 'fans' we realise this however i can understand why people take the comments in the wrong way.

The only time I thought I'd see Mogsy on this programme would be as a panellist. Fortunately the bloke from UKIP was there :D

Seriously though crazy stuff and the Labour Party person (I would btw) seemed to know about Morrissey's recent living arrangements. Finger on the pulse as ever :confused:

The only time I thought I'd see Mogsy on this programme would be as a panellist. Fortunately the bloke from UKIP was there :D

Seriously though crazy stuff and the Labour Party person (I would btw) seemed to know about Morrissey's recent living arrangements. Finger on the pulse as ever :confused:

And what did he seem to know? I tried to watch online and was treated to a discussion about identity theft due to f***ups by the equivalent of the Social Security Administration.

Moz discussed on Question Time in the UK. I've submitted the story to davidt so maybe we'll see it on the front page in time. Anyway, enjoy here for now! Missed the first 30 seconds or so - but you get the idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom