Logging in from multiple machines

I use 3 different computers to access SoLow, and doing so reveals some wonky behavior. If you have the means, try this:

1. Log into computer #1.
  2. Log into computer #2.
  3. Log out of #1.
  4. You're still logged in on #2! WTF?

Aren't the cookies tied to your username?

Here's another one that bugs the shit out of me.

1. On computer #1, click the "Mark all threads read" link.
  2. Look at the New Posts on computer #2. You'll see many entries, including ones that you thought you'd just marked read on computer #1.

Am I the only one on here who's noticed this? Is it just that it deeply offends my programmer's sensibilities? Should I get a friggin' life? (Don't answer that.)

I'm stupid, but isn't this because the cookie is still in the browser of machine 2?
I don't think it takes different machines. You can do it just by using Firefox and Flock, or whatever two browsers you prefer.

I'm stupid, but isn't this because the cookie is still in the browser of machine 2?
I don't think it takes different machines. You can do it just by using Firefox and Flock, or whatever two browsers you prefer.

Yes. But in a typical Web app, logging out from one machine tells the server that you're logged out, so even if you go onto another browser, and that one still has an active cookie, the server should still ask that you log in again.

you got me thinking (ouch) anyhoo, if you can log-on (that always makes me think of toilet humour btw) at multiple machines then therefore could or would it be possible for those that share 1 computer to log-on has 2 different users? I'm not having an identity crisis either, nor do I have a multiple personality disorder (I'm sure there's an NYDolls song in there)...

Soooooo I'll give it ago, it's pretty pointless tbh, coz once either of us is logged-on (smirk) then I'm not really arsed as to who the user-name is, I always sign off as 'Love Grim' so it's fairly obvious who the owner of the piece is, am I rambling? Thanks!

OK I'll leave it be, sorry!

love

Grim
P.s. I've just had a double log-on (fnnarrr)
PP.s. the funny thing is (well to me anyhoo) that I've got 'sigs' switched off & GU aint, magic!

Last edited:
I know the solution....

Besides being a moderator _ _ _ _ _ _ is also a gremlin.

No not this gremlin...
wk18_gremlins_d.jpg

But these Gremlins
dahlgremlinssm.jpg

_ _ _ _ _ _ hates me :( when all I want is for her to like me :D

Back
Top Bottom