What Morrissry item would you want for Christmas besides tickets....

I keep bitching about it so I will repeat it...

I want a downloadable or orderable online store like Phish and Dave Matthews where tour shows are offered directly from the artist. I want incentives so real fans that will pre-order the discs get bonus material.

Oh yeah... and the long fabled Smiths Boxed Set...

Last edited:
Ive written a letter to Santa and ive been very good all year so i reckon im in for The hand in glove negative sleeve. Im going to bed extra early on xmas eve.

Alan

Re: What Morrissey item would you want for Christmas besides tickets....

Peepholism hardback edition, followed closly by an Edith Sitwell (Kill Uncle) tour shirt.

Love PTxx.

(I am honestly very, very happy with tickets though obviously)

I downloadable or orderable online store like Phish and Dave Matthews where tour shows are offered directly from the artist. I want incentives so real fans that will pre-order the discs get bonus material.

I've always wondered why bands don't set up a system whereby every live show is officially recorded posted for download within minutes or hours of the show's end. Each show is, say, $8, with a discount for those who were actually there, based on some ticket code. The artist profits even more off of each appearance, the bootleggers get to actually enjoy the show for a change, and everybody's happy.

The bands that do that or others that are actively traded are usually more known for their live shows than for their records. Dave Mathews has the potential to have hit singles, or he did last time I heard his music, but Phish would be unlikely to have hits. The Grateful Dead managed to have a couple of hit singles, but I think they were really just condensed or simplified versions of the type of music that made them famous.

At the other extreme, Britney Spears would be unlikely to excite fans to buy and collect live recordings. Most modern "acts" are closer to that model than they are to Phish. Almost everybody plays the same songs in the same order every night. It's really not very rock and roll. And when I've said that Morrissey should play more songs from his entire catalog, people have responded that they don't want the band to sound "sloppy".

So basically people are getting what they want and have been taught to want. When it's possible for people like Britney and Justin to be major recording artists the taste of people is pretty much in the toilet, and most of them get what they deserve.

Morrissey could do it VERY easily based on his cult like following of his fanbase.

id like a t-shirt i saw on ebay that says morrissey marr rourke and joyce

its looks funny

unless someone makes a t-shirt with joyce and rourke that says drum and bass

I want that shirt too!

I've always wondered why bands don't set up a system whereby every live show is officially recorded posted for download within minutes or hours of the show's end. Each show is, say, $8, with a discount for those who were actually there, based on some ticket code. The artist profits even more off of each appearance, the bootleggers get to actually enjoy the show for a change, and everybody's happy.

Around 2004/2005 there was a popular trend with some bands was where you could pay for a cd of the live show when you walked in the door and pick it up a few minutes after the performance..I think the Pixies were big into that sort of thing..Also remember that offer at a bauhaus show I went to in New York..

Like its already been said, some bands really suck live or play the same set night in and night out so its not really worth the effort...since touring is where most bands make the bulk of their income, I'm surprise this isn't a more popular trend..I would love to have purchased soundboard copies of those five hammerstein shows..

Back
Top Bottom