wow, this is all very interesting but...

R

roy keane

the subject matter on this discussion page has taken a turn for the worse. what to do? well, i'll throw something out there...what are some of your thoughts on the inspiration for "Sunny"- Gary Day, the elusive "Jake", or another. get focused, go to it.

Re: Inspiration for "Sunny"

> what are some of your thoughts on the inspiration for¿ "Sunny"- Gary Day, the elusive "Jake", or¿ another. get focused, go to it.

I never even considered that the song may be about Gary - didn't Morrissey sack him, in the end? "I'm here; I will not move" just doesn't ring true, if you think about it.

The romantic in me wants to believe that the song's about Jake, but I don't personally know if he was a heroin addict. Maybe it's just a fictional, tragic figure that Morrissey brought to life for the song.

Elusive Jake? Please clue me in.

> Elusive Jake? Please clue me in.

That's my point: I haven't a clue about him. Isn't it bizarre how Morrissey has obviously had *some* relationships (however long or short, intense or casual) in the past, yet NONE of these people have EVER come out with any information? That just doesn't happen with most celebrities - people usually blab it to the press, or write about it in a tell-all book, but not Morrissey's acquaintances. That tells you something - that his personality must be such that people feel this strange loyalty or something....either that, or they feer for their lives! (heheh)

he only one who knows won't tell so why make up reasons that some will believe, in time, to be true.

> he only one who knows won't tell so why make up reasons that¿ some will believe, in time, to be true.

Huh?

I beg your pardon: I wasn't trying to "make up reasons;" I just speculated - isn't that all we ever do here, anyway? And who would actually make the mistake of thinking my opinions to be true?

I've heard that "sunny" is about some old manager that morrissey had who died.

Back
Top Bottom