Daniel Johnston

the only album i have is 1990. some of the songs i really love (held the hand, some things last a long time, tears stupid tears, true love will find you in the end) and the rest doesn't really do anything for me. one of my friends had songs of pain and always listened to it in his car and i didn't like it so much. that documentary on him is really great though. i'd also be interested in hearing some live stuff.

found i like sum stuff by him, but i find, like someone like William Burroughs etc, that in artists is far more interesting and intreging than the art itself!

I saw him at the Union Chapel earlier this year - truly amazing show in a very small venue. I would strongly encourage anyone who hasn't seen him to pop along for the experience. He does a few Beatles covers every now and again (if that's your thing) and has the most delicate presence on stage. Marvellous!

Re: Daniel Johnston (NEW LIVE music videos / album!)

13 music videos and a 13 mp3 album just released February 2009 at http://www.danieljohnstonlive.com

Filmed at Daniel's home in Waller Texas in 1999 - very RARE footage and song performances by artist and friend Stephen Tompkins

Anyone off to his mini UK tour with Laura Marling supporting?

Last edited:
his stuff is kind of hit or miss for me. there are lot of songs by him that i really love and others that i don't care so much for. 1990 is an awesome album. he's also really really good live, don't miss the chance to see him if you get it.

wow haha i just kind of skimmed the responses and didn't realize the second one was mine from a really long time ago. i was thinking "yeah i kind of agree with that" haha. so that's why i've just basically posted the same thing twice.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom