The best kind of Poly bags for record protection

vegan-soldier

~~~~~~~~~
OK..I need advice.... As I build up my collection again..I need some clear protecttive bags along with some new white record holders.

There are all kinds of brands out there. Anyone know a thick, clear, poly/plastic protective cover I can use for my records (12, 10, 7")?

Please let me know.

OK..I need advice.... As I build up my collection again..I need some clear protecttive bags along with some new white record holders.

There are all kinds of brands out there. Anyone know a thick, clear, poly/plastic protective cover I can use for my records (12, 10, 7")?

Please let me know.

no offence, or anything, but, is this thread happening?

It's a valid enquiry. I've been looking for good quality protective sleeves with adhesive seals for quite a while.

What are white record holders?

Has anyone used Bags Unlimited? They seem to really know their stuff, but I've put off placing an order for months now just because I'm not sure what the best options are. If money were no object, I'd put all my discs in poly-lined inner bags and all outer sleeves in polyethylene bags (not polypropylene ones; they're nice, but a pain in the ass). I'd also get sleeves for my digi-pac CD cases. It'd be easy to go overboard on this stuff.

The best poly sleeves are the ones I buy at UK record fairs. They're the thickest and most robust.

I've been using Bags Ulimited for over a decade; I think. Just buy the thickest you can afford, and if you want to be extra anal, store the vinyl outside the sleeve in a seperate inner sleeve and put both it and the outer sleeve in one poly bag. This'll reduce ringwear.

For my super rare 12" pieces I bought those ziplock-like resealable laserdisc sleeves. Don't know if you can find those anymore.

I use covers33.co.uk

you need to get at least 250g Polythene 12" covers.

Covers33 are fast and reliable. Have all you could possibly want really for the series vinyl collecter.

I use the polylined paper sleeves for all my records and that way i can keep the original paper sleeves in top condition.

If you only need small amounts you could simply ask in you local independent record shop. They'll usually have all this stuff anyway for the vinyl on display in the shop, and if you're nice they might sell you a couple of sleeves.

Hope this helps somewhat

I use covers33.co.uk

you need to get at least 250g Polythene 12" covers.

Covers33 are fast and reliable. Have all you could possibly want really for the series vinyl collecter.

I use the polylined paper sleeves for all my records and that way i can keep the original paper sleeves in top condition.

If you only need small amounts you could simply ask in you local independent record shop. They'll usually have all this stuff anyway for the vinyl on display in the shop, and if you're nice they might sell you a couple of sleeves.

Hope this helps somewhat

That's who I buy from at the UK faires! Good stuff.

Must agree that the resealable sleeves tend to be a pain if you actually enjoy listening to your records often. The sticky strip tends to seal itself to the jacket while you are removing/ re-sleeving the record. Bags Unlimited definitley has quality goods but I also use Sleeve City.

Don't buy resealable flaps. Like a previous poster said, they like to stick to stuff when open; like album sleeves which can ruin them. Just buy the thickest sleeves you can find, without the resealable flap.

Back
Top Bottom