Main page RSS feed broken?

Does anybody else subscribe to the main page's RSS feed? Since Sunday or so, I've been receiving duplicate copies of each message--just this morning, I got 5 or 6 copies of all messages posted since last week. I've ruled out that it's a problem with my RSS feed reader (Thunderbird), so something must be wonky on the server side.

I have NEVER understood RSS feeds - what are they, why are they useful, and how do you read/use them?

Peter

I have NEVER understood RSS feeds - what are they, why are they useful, and how do you read/use them?

Peter

well for me, I get them on my lj friends page so when I go there, the new stories come up on that page then I can click the links and read the stories from there, however I am on solo more than lj so I tend not to use it that much via lj.

Imagine getting an email every time the main page gets a new news item. That's RSS. Some email readers have RSS-feed capability built into them, like Mozilla Thunderbird.

I have feeds for things like upcoming shows, local news from my childhood hometown, etc. You can read the articles without having to remember to go to the various Web sites periodically for news.

Imagine getting an email every time the main page gets a new news item. That's RSS. Some email readers have RSS-feed capability built into them, like Mozilla Thunderbird.

I have feeds for things like upcoming shows, local news from my childhood hometown, etc. You can read the articles without having to remember to go to the various Web sites periodically for news.

A-Ha! That explains it, and I do use Thunderbird, so I'll see what I can do.

Ta,

Peter

Back
Top Bottom