Very sad classical music

I had it without any problem and I'm using Mac too! If you can't get this album, I'll post it here with another one by Bryars.

Sir Edward Elgar's Cello Concerto in E Minor is full of epic sadness. I would in particular recommend Jacqueline du Pré's performance with the London Orchestra. She had multiple sclerosis, so she was playing the cello knowing that she was going to lose her ability to play and there was nothing she could do about it. Her health problems in combination with the music itself is so tragic. Highly recommended.

Oh hell, I'll just upload it:

http://download.yousendit.com/B613B1F0018970EA

That'll only be up for 7 days (until the 22nd) - Enjoy!

I love these 2 songs that are actually from movie soundtracks. They may already be familiar, I haven't tried looking for any links yet.

From the movie 'Unfaithful', Jan A.P. Kaczmarek's piano version, and
from the movie 'Somewhere in Time', Roger Williams' Rh. Paganini.

I love these 2 songs that are actually from movie soundtracks. They may already be familiar, I haven't tried looking for any links yet.

From the movie 'Unfaithful', Jan A.P. Kaczmarek's piano version, and
from the movie 'Somewhere in Time', Roger Williams' Rh. Paganini.

yes, i mentioned that one earlier. its actually Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini var. #18 by Rachmaninoff. ;) it's my favorite classical piece ever.

yes, i mentioned that one earlier. its actually Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini var. #18 by Rachmaninoff. ;) it's my favorite classical piece ever.

You're right, now that I look back at your post. I didn't recognize it by it's nice lengthy proper title. As much as I appreciate it, I know very little about classical music.

Sir Edward Elgar's Cello Concerto in E Minor is full of epic sadness. I would in particular recommend Jacqueline du Pré's performance with the London Orchestra. She had multiple sclerosis, so she was playing the cello knowing that she was going to lose her ability to play and there was nothing she could do about it. Her health problems in combination with the music itself is so tragic. Highly recommended.

Oh hell, I'll just upload it:

http://download.yousendit.com/B613B1F0018970EA

That'll only be up for 7 days (until the 22nd) - Enjoy!

Thanks so much for the download - it's gorgeous!

Try Zbigeniev Preisners "Requiem for a friend". The "Lacrimosa" tears your heart apart. Promizzed

Very much. I like the short section sung in Polish, "lux aeterna" just before that too.

Some Iranian classical music is very sad.

And Ross Daly's "Miroloi",though it is more folk than classical.

Back
Top Bottom