Kristeen Young at Pianos - NYC

she actually reminded me quite a bit like Linda Perry from four-non blondes complete with the facial expressions..

wowo , you're right .
excellent observation :D

1 lovely gold star for you :)

Think I'll save my stage invading till she plays "Kill the Father"..You know the song dedicated to all of those who grew up with parents that were murders and in turn deserve to be put to death themselves...the feel good song of the year in my book!.

Did anyone else notice that Nina from GIAC looks quite a bit like a plumper , younger Kristeen ?

I thought this when I saw them in New York - especially when she had her hair pulled back in a ponytail. She also lifts/kicks her leg up behind her, which Kristeen did all the time.

Nina
9967008_l.jpg

Kristeen
1524887015_m.jpg

They dont look anything alike to me at all, except they have dark eyes and hair.

KY's played Pianos several times - I'd stop short of saying it's her home turf, as I don't really know anything about that scene, but I think it's fair to say that if you do show up to heckle/stage invade/wave signs, people will look at you a little funny.

("Kill the Father" is about not having heroes, hence the fact that 90% of it is a list of ways to murder rock stars. I won't say it's a laff riott, but it's got some puns and so forth. Or are you joking? I realize the possibility exists; it also kind of sounds like the kind of thing Kristeen would say onstage, in which case, sad to say, it probably wasn't a true confession.)

Okay, now I'm beating a very, very dead horse...and I'm sorry. But really. Are you planning to do this? It's weird to pursue a vendetta against someone who's really only offended your personal taste, and possibly struck you as a person you don't like terribly.

Don't mess up her first night back, and let the people who enjoy her do so - please. How would you feel if someone did that to you, after you'd just made such a mistake? Or how would you feel if you were in the audience at a Morrissey show and someone started shouting "KRISTEEN YOUNG?"

Last edited:
KY's played Pianos several times - I'd stop short of saying it's her home turf, as I don't really know anything about that scene, but I think it's fair to say that if you do show, people will look at you a little funny.

("Kill the Father" is about not having heroes, hence the fact that 90% of it is a list of ways to murder rock stars. I won't say it's a laff riott, but it's got some puns and so forth. Or are you joking? I realize the possibility exists; it also kind of sounds like the kind of thing Kristeen would say onstage, in which case, sad to say, it probably wasn't a true confession.)

Okay, now I'm beating a very, very dead horse...and I'm sorry. But really. Are you planning to do this? It's weird to pursue a vendetta against someone who's really only offended your personal taste, and possibly struck you as a person you don't like terribly.

Don't mess up her first night back, and let the people who enjoy her do so - please. How would you feel if someone did that to you, after you'd just made such a mistake? Or how would you feel if you were in the audience at a Morrissey show and someone started shouting "KRISTEEN YOUNG?"

geeez. I don't know that I am honestly going to go to this show. I might go for a change of beat (actually going out with people who are not my few and far between longtime associate/friends/relatives) in a non work related situation - It seems I am one of my several year loner phases (ebb and flow is extreme in some of us)- but if I really actually went out to see her at a show I would definitely not scream or say anything about Morrissey whatsoever. I would just go see the show. I might think about Moz and what she has been through (to be honest) but why on earth would I try to hurt an artist out there doing her thing? that would just be stupid.

is it pathetic, that even though I hate kristeen, I would go and pretend I'm a fan just for the slight chance that I could talk to her and engage in a converstaion with someone who was kind of close to the man himself? probably

I was joking when I said I'd be chanting Moz when I'm there. IF I go...it's just to check her out in her own scene, break up my routine a lil bit and hang out with a few cool people who I'd likely otherwise have to wait for the next Moz tour to hang out with. ;)
If anyone seriously goes to f*ck with her or get the dirt...well, they obviously have problems. :p

I was joking when I said I'd be chanting Moz when I'm there. IF I go...it's just to check her out in her own scene, break up my routine a lil bit and hang out with a few cool people who I'd likely otherwise have to wait for the next Moz tour to hang out with. ;)
If anyone seriously goes to f*ck with her or get the dirt...well, they obviously have problems. :p

i feel exactly the same way...

Sorry, guys. >< I obviously way overreacted.

It's hard to tell when something's said lightly on the Internet - I'm always running into that, both ways, especially when the board in general could give context for either reading. That's why I believe in the emoticon, though he can easily be read wrong too, as I demonstrated today. :cool:

Have fun at the gig if you go. I wish I could be there.

Last edited:
Sorry, guys. >< I obviously way overreacted.

It's hard to tell when something's said lightly on the Internet - I'm always running into that, both ways, especially when the board in general could give context for either reading. That's why I believe in the emoticon, though he can easily be read wrong too, as I demonstrated today. :cool:

Have fun at the gig if you go. I wish I could be there.

I promise not to queue for 10 hours, heckle, wear a morrissey t-shirt or stage invade. :)

Back
Top Bottom