So No Hollywood Bowl DVD?

Vauxhall95

I Know It's Over...
No one has mentioned it in any press releases have they? Why did he film the show if not for release? Do you think it will be part of the Greatest Hits CD package? Also, what two songs does he place on the CD? I'm assuming "That's How People Grow Up" because it's already recorded and "All You Need Is Me" because it has been around the longest of the new songs...

I think if there is going to be a new live DVD it should not be just Hollywood Bowl show in it's entirety. Since then he has added so many songs to the setlist. He's also played at a lot of great places. Hollywood Bowl was a great event, but I'm jealous now of the people that have seen him play "Find Out For Yourself" and "The Loop", and... and...

Glad he is, though.

I think if there is going to be a new live DVD it should not be just Hollywood Bowl show in it's entirety. Since then he has added so many songs to the setlist. He's also played at a lot of great places. Hollywood Bowl was a great event, but I'm jealous now of the people that have seen him play "Find Out For Yourself" and "The Loop", and... and...

Glad he is, though.

I agree, but to the best of my knowledge those shows weren't recorded. If it is not released with the Greatest Hits, I'm afraid it will be a "lost" show. Why would Warner Bros. or whomever he signs with, want to release a DVD of old material? It's a shame because there was so much buzz around the taping of this show, and now it looks like it might never see the light of day...

I agree, but to the best of my knowledge those shows weren't recorded. If it is not released with the Greatest Hits, I'm afraid it will be a "lost" show. Why would Warner Bros. or whomever he signs with, want to release a DVD of old material? It's a shame because there was so much buzz around the taping of this show, and now it looks like it might never see the light of day...

I thought several of the shows were taped on this leg of the tour? There were definitely signs at the Tijuana show saying it was being recorded. Would LOVE to see that show up on a DVD! It was a rockin' show and a great, smaller venue. To be honest, I'd be happy with any live show that gets out. I've watched the "Who Put the M in Manchester" DVD about 10 zillion times...it's really time for a new one! C'mon Moz, you can do it ;)

well the g-mex shows last christmas were recorded for a documentary, so maybe a few dates thrown together will make up the dvd. im sure there will be a dvd though. but this greatest hits cd, when will they bring it out, close to the release of the new album or what.

The trend has become now that for all the big artists....every tour has a DVD release....so I'm sure his label knows that we'll clamouring for it...so they'll make a profit from it..and they know it

Moz @ Hollywood Bowl DVD?

When I went to the show at the Hollywood Bowl this summer, they seemed to be filming the entire show. My understanding is that they were going to release it as a DVD.

Any truth to this? If so, when's it coming out??

Well if it's being scrambled it wouldn't be the first time either (Royal Albert Hall 2002). Or he simply recorded a number of shows to have some tho choose between (as the pre-release dates in 2004).

There will probably be a live DVD to coincide with the release of the greatest hits cd. Not sure if the Hollywood bowl show will be brought out on DVD because there were several shows that were taped during the last leg of the tour.

Really? What shows were taped? The only one I heard about was the Hollywood Bowl...

There will probably be a live DVD to coincide with the release of the greatest hits cd. Not sure if the Hollywood bowl show will be brought out on DVD because there were several shows that were taped during the last leg of the tour.

Really? What shows were taped? The only one I heard about was the Hollywood Bowl...

a few shows from the hollywood palladium were taped.

a few shows from the hollywood palladium were taped.

I read the post-show tour comments past 3 year, and at lot of gigs were
people taping , maybe Morrissey likes boots for his own.

as for an official release wether DVD or CD, I won't see it happen,... the M and @ earls court are, let's say , not that old, it represents the Morrissey
of this century

IMHO the first thing to be released will be his greatest hits + bonus, and
a Smiths box set + bonus

I read the post-show tour comments past 3 year, and at lot of gigs were
people taping , maybe Morrissey likes boots for his own.

as for an official release wether DVD or CD, I won't see it happen,... the M and @ earls court are, let's say , not that old, it represents the Morrissey
of this century

IMHO the first thing to be released will be his greatest hits + bonus, and
a Smiths box set + bonus

I'm hoping the newest "greatest hits" will have a DVD component to it. It would certainly justify a purchase, and its existence.

I thought several of the shows were taped on this leg of the tour? There were definitely signs at the Tijuana show saying it was being recorded. Would LOVE to see that show up on a DVD! It was a rockin' show and a great, smaller venue. To be honest, I'd be happy with any live show that gets out. I've watched the "Who Put the M in Manchester" DVD about 10 zillion times...it's really time for a new one! C'mon Moz, you can do it ;)

yeah Bakersfield was taped too, there was a whole set up at the back of the room and i asked them what they were doing and to which they said "we're taping the show" they had a mounted camera. so....so....

Last edited:
The Hollywood Palladium was taped for LA TV, there were interviewing fans for a Morrissey special for their network. That is what La Tv told me. But who really knows??!

Live DVD...

Just wondering, how about the live show recorded in Los Angeles at the Hollywood Bowl? Do you think there's any chance to have a Special Edition of the GH with the Live DVD?
Just wondering...

There is a serious lack of dvds.I`m hoping it will be as good as Who Put the M...

There is a serious lack of dvds.I`m hoping it will be as good as Who Put the M...

You need to download the LATV video. It has about ten songs culled from his past U.S. tour.

Vaux

From the LATV DVD:

Santa Barbara Bowl - September 2007

01 First Of The Gang To Die
02 You Have Killed Me
03 The Boy With A Thorn In His Side
04 All You Need Is Me
05 Let Me Kiss You

Hollywood Palladium - October 2007

01 Jack The Ripper
02 The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores
03 Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself