Who's Going To See Siouxsie At The Roundhouse, London: Nov 5th?

Black_Eyed_Sioux

Hey Doug, how ya been??
I've got tickets for her show on bonfire night...Who else is going??

I just heard her on Radio 1...She sounded great!...I'm hoping maybe she'll shy away from the old staples (HKG, Israel, Arabian Knights)...Maybe go for a couple of b-sides? I Could Be Again...or stuff like Red Light, Lands End, The Rapture...Am I asking for too much?!

ah, the one surprise would be the Doors cover, then(though not too much of a shock as they've covered them before).
hopefully these shows will see the light of day online soon....

siouxsieticket.jpg

I wonder why she doesn't play her biggest hit 'city lies in dust'

I'm wondering if she's going to not play anything from the period when Budgie joined the Banshees (Which is, I think, A Kiss In The Dreamhouse to The Rapture) and The Creatures...You know, just to kind of spite him. She might stick to her solo album, and The Scream, Join Hands, Kaleidoscope and Juju

Siouxsie Set List @ Ancienne Belgique (Brussels, 27.10)

Siouxsie @ AB 27.10.2007
starts at 21:20-ish ends at 22:15-ish
(not necessarily in correct order)
1. They follow you
2. About to happen
3. Here comes that day
4. Dear Prudence
5. Drone Zone
6. If it doesn't kill you
7. One mile below
8. Loveless
9. Sea of tranquillity
10. Spellbound
11. Into a swan
/// all leave the stage
12. HK Garden (voor John Peel)
13. Cish Cash (Basement Jaxx & Siouxsie Sioux)
//// all leave the stage
14. Hello, I love you (Doors cover)

Live band is not that sharp. S was in great mood & spirits.

hello I love you? well that's funny :D I'm going to see her tomorrow!!!

Well, she's been doing it at every gig she's done recently...Maybe she's found someone new in her life?! Only a week to go for me...I must say I am most excited...I'm sad that the gigs have only been just over an hour...Maybe with the roundhouse being the capacity it is (and the price!!), it might warrant a long(ish) set...To me, an hour is just enough time for a new band to flout their wares...Not for someone with the extensive back catalogue of Siouxsie...And yes, I know she's got a new solo album, but I, like other people would love to hear the old hits (and non-hits!)

I'm wondering if she's going to not play anything from the period when Budgie joined the Banshees (Which is, I think, A Kiss In The Dreamhouse to The Rapture) and The Creatures...You know, just to kind of spite him. She might stick to her solo album, and The Scream, Join Hands, Kaleidoscope and Juju

Budgie joined the Banshees for the third album, Kaleidoscope, onwards. She's been playiing Dear Prudence, Spellbound, Israel, Arabian Knights and Happy House all of which Budgie plays drums on.

Like you I'm not too happy she's only been doing an hour on stage as that's hardly a full show. Perhaps she'll do a longer set for the Roundhouse show, which I'll be attending, as it's her last show of the tour and it's her big London show in a sizeable venue with some prestige and history.

I'd like her to surprise us with some great Banshees album tracks and B-sides but that's not been the case so far. She's avoiding the Creatures material completely which is a shame as they had some fantastic songs like Weathercade, Pluto Drive, Killing Time, 2nd Floor and Further Nearer.

I love the new album, Mantaray, and urge anyone who hasn't bought it to run to the shops to get it.

Budgie joined the Banshees for the third album, Kaleidoscope, onwards. She's been playiing Dear Prudence, Spellbound, Israel, Arabian Knights and Happy House all of which Budgie plays drums on.

Like you I'm not too happy she's only been doing an hour on stage as that's hardly a full show. Perhaps she'll do a longer set for the Roundhouse show, which I'll be attending, as it's her last show of the tour and it's her big London show in a sizeable venue with some prestige and history.

I'd like her to surprise us with some great Banshees album tracks and B-sides but that's not been the case so far. She's avoiding the Creatures material completely which is a shame as they had some fantastic songs like Weathercade, Pluto Drive, Killing Time, 2nd Floor and Further Nearer.

I love the new album, Mantaray, and urge anyone who hasn't bought it to run to the shops to get it.

Yeah, you're right...I must've been thinking of something else completely!!
Because Robert Smith was taken on board at the same time as Budgie, wasn't he....1979...Give me some leeway! I wasn't born then!! lol....It would make my life for her to do But Not Them or Tearing Apart (Both of them long shots I would think though!!)...

Alot of people are saying they want a long set for this venue...It definitely does warrant it...Maybe her new band can't cope with that long a show...(I've heard they're abit...iffy..at some points...Though they sounded fine on radio 1 a few nights ago)

Mantaray is a brilliant album...It has grown on me actually...I didn't really like Drone Zone or Sea Of Tranquility...But I gave them a chance!

Look out for the guy with the big hair...That's me!! lol

I was thinking of Robert Smith...He joined for the 1979 tour...Then became a full time member when McGeogh dropped out in 1982...After A Kiss In The Dreamhouse...I knew I was thinking of something and someone! Probably a blur of Smith and Budgie...*shrugs shoulders*

Perhaps it's Siouxsie who can't manage more than an hour nowadays. She is 50! I shouldn't joke age doesn't mean shit anymore.

I hope the Roundhouse show is a huge success for her. Anyway I'm looking forward to it. I had tickets for the first night at the Astoria 2 recently but had to sell them as I was ill and couldn't go.

IMO she looks better than she ever has! (I best not say anymore about her attractiveness, because looks eerily like the teacher I had when I did A-Level English!)....
I've been speaking to the support for the show...He seems a nice fellow...Does Siouxsie sampling and everything...
Guess we'll have to see what she does on the night...
I'm not saying their exactly alike (as they obviously aren't!)...But I went to see The Flaming Lips a few years back in a small and large venue...They did just over an hour in the small venue, and three in the large...I call it "The Flaming Lips Theory" tm :D

She does look really good at the moment. It seems being a divorcee suits her. (I'll miss budgie even if she doesn't. He's one of the best drummers I've ever seen/heard). I'm glad she's finally being open about her sexuality. Fans have known for years that she likes boys and girls but she didn't seem interested in addressing it before.

I hope you're right with you Flaming Lips Theory! :)

I wonder how long it will be before Budgie surfaces again? She has pretty much driven him to the underworld...And Here Comes That Day doesn't help things!

Back
Top Bottom