help these dogs

morrisseychic

Seasick Yet Still Docked
chi2.jpg

Recently, North Shore Animal League America rescued three Chihuahuas, who we suspect were the inbred litter from backyard breeders. All three of these precious little bundles, only 10 weeks old, have no front legs. Physical deformities such as these are often the result of irresponsible breeding. While we are happy that the breeders chose to surrender these puppies to a shelter instead of fates far worse, we are saddened that the terrible misfortune of the deformities had to happen at all.

The terrible reality of backyard breeding is nothing new. We see it over and over again and the heartbreaking sadness of it never subsides. Backyard breeders are those who breed their animals for various inappropriate reasons. Often, they do not have bad intentions or even realize that they are contributing to a huge problem, but they are. Backyard breeders often breed animals with the intentions of making money or just imagining how cute it would be if their pet had babies, and what wonderful babies they'd make.

BUT:

~ Where will those babies go?

~ Who will take care of them?

~ Is it safe for the mother animal?

~ Will the babies survive; will it be without incident or harmful repercussions?

It is a common misconception that puppy mills make up the majority of irresponsible breeding. Though puppy mills do contribute, backyard breeding actually makes up more than half of irresponsible breeding. Too often, irresponsible breeding churns out imperfect or unwanted animals who eventually wind up abandoned in shelters, left out to die, sold as healthy pets in pet stores, victims in research laboratories, or wind up as pets to irresponsible owners who perpetuate irresponsible breeding.

North Shore Animal League America rescued the Chihuahua puppies as part of our out-of-state rescue mission. One of our sister shelters, who did not have the proper facilities to care for the pups, reached out and asked for our help. They knew that without the proper care and environment, the puppies would most likely end up being euthanized. Without hesitation, we scooped up the puppies and rushed them to our advanced facility, eager to get them evaluated medically and emotionally.

When you first see these little guys, it seems like a veil of tears. They didn't have to be this way, and it seems so unfair. They are so tiny and seem helpless. How will they ever manage? But after a few moments, those tears of sorrow and dismay turn to a smile of hope and faith. They can manage - they will manage, and North Shore Animal League America is going to help them.

Two females and a male - all in good health - are hopping around, playing, barking, pouncing, and learning to use their back legs to stand upright. We have named them Venus de Milo, Carmen and Pablo. They have no idea that they are disadvantaged and seem very happy to have each other and to be alive. They are as sweet as can be and get around surprisingly well.

Meet Carmen, Venus and Pablo - Click here for Video.

North Shore Animal League America is devoted to helping the precious pups strengthen their back legs and is committed to training them to walk upright. We are also looking into some type of apparatus that can assist them in walking. So far, several companies have come forward offering their expertise in front-end carts, and we are working with them to create something that the little Chihuahuas can wheel around in. Eventually, when they are as self-sufficient as possible, we want to place Venus, Carmen and Pablo in their forever homes where they can live out the rest of their lives happy and healthy.

Won't you please help us give Venus, Carmen and Pablo the normal life they deserve? Your generous support is invaluable.

Sign the Pledge - Help North Shore Animal League America End Backyard Breeding.

Spread the Word - Share Venus, Carmen and Pablo's Story with Friends and Family.

I came across this today. Breaks my heart. I think Morrissey should have donation boxs at his shows for local animal shelters. It doesn't have to be money. It can be food, covers, water, etc.

fry him up, he'd be a tasty snack, not big enough for a real meal of course!

I am kidding. It is sad. he needs a front-leg-wheelchair!

There isn`t a link to click but will do if you post one.

This breaks my heart. Why'd you have to include the picture? I can't stand sad animal things. They make me so depressed. I like animals far better than humans. I wish I could save all the animals in the world!

I'm will take him, but you have to provide the front doggie wheel chair for no cost.
Deal?

Can we all be mad at Ellen? I realize she is not a concern to most people here, but I'm really pissed off at her. She got a dog from a rescue shelter and signed a contract saying that if she couldn't keep it she had to return it. then she gave it away and they found out and came and got it. So she had her lawyer call and threaten them to give it back or she would make them look bad. They didn't so she did this big sobbing thing about it on her tv show, which was obviously so fake, because SHE GAVE THE DOG AWAY!!!

and now she's crying about it? She's crying because she is a celebrity and she can't always get her way.

so now the place she is attacking is getting death threats from Ellen's deranged fans and having to spend money, that they would spend on abused and abandoned animals, on fighting Ellen!

Plus she's telling her fans, oh it's cool, go get an animal and if you can't care for it, give it away.

Boo M'f-ing Hoo.
The story unfolds...

email Ellen

Can we all be mad at Ellen? I realize she is not a concern to most people here, but I'm really pissed off at her. She got a dog from a rescue shelter and signed a contract saying that if she couldn't keep it she had to return it. then she gave it away and they found out and came and got it. So she had her lawyer call and threaten them to give it back or she would make them look bad. They didn't so she did this big sobbing thing about it on her tv show, which was obviously so fake, because SHE GAVE THE DOG AWAY!!!

and now she's crying about it? She's crying because she is a celebrity and she can't always get her way.

so now the place she is attacking is getting death threats from Ellen's deranged fans and having to spend money, that they would spend on abused and abandoned animals, on fighting Ellen!

Plus she's telling her fans, oh it's cool, go get an animal and if you can't care for it, give it away.

Boo M'f-ing Hoo.
The story unfolds...

email Ellen

Well, she said she didn't read the contract. I doubt if she'd read it she would have given it away.

i think ellen meant well and its true she was in the wrong, but the woman running the place was just as much in the wrong for yanking the dog from a good home with a loving family. It became about ellen and not about the best interest of the dog.

Boo M'f-ing Hoo.
The story unfolds...

email Ellen

I don't understand the hoolpa because she gave it to someone she knew well.
I mean, if she dropped the dog off at the pound or gave it away on the street, then that's wrong....

Well, she said she didn't read the contract. I doubt if she'd read it she would have given it away.

So she did not take responsibility to even read a contract?

i think ellen meant well and its true she was in the wrong, but the woman running the place was just as much in the wrong for yanking the dog from a good home with a loving family. It became about ellen and not about the best interest of the dog.

Right, that's the point I was trying to make. And for her to have her lawyer threaten a non-profit animal placement organization really stinks.

I don't understand the hoolpa because she gave it to someone she knew well.
I mean, if she dropped the dog off at the pound or gave it away on the street, then that's wrong....

She could have returned the dog and had the people go through the process. What I'm mad about is that she is wasting the resources of an organization that helps animals and also because she gave the dog away and then breaks down sobbing about it. I think she's just being really fake. Like Bogdana said she made it all about her and not the dog.

Possibly the rules of that agency are too strict, but she's telling people that it's okay to go get a pet you can't care for and then lie to and bully the organization you got it from. Because of her, other animals will suffer because this organizations resources will be wasted on this. That's the part that makes me mad, that and her phony crying.

So she did not take responsibility to even read a contract?

I'm not forgiving her and she is at fault for this alone, but I'm just saying I doubt she deliberately went against something she wasn't supposed to do.

chi2.jpg

Recently, North Shore Animal League America rescued three Chihuahuas, who we suspect were the inbred litter from backyard breeders. All three of these precious little bundles, only 10 weeks old, have no front legs. Physical deformities such as these are often the result of irresponsible breeding. While we are happy that the breeders chose to surrender these puppies to a shelter instead of fates far worse, we are saddened that the terrible misfortune of the deformities had to happen at all.

The terrible reality of backyard breeding is nothing new. We see it over and over again and the heartbreaking sadness of it never subsides. Backyard breeders are those who breed their animals for various inappropriate reasons. Often, they do not have bad intentions or even realize that they are contributing to a huge problem, but they are. Backyard breeders often breed animals with the intentions of making money or just imagining how cute it would be if their pet had babies, and what wonderful babies they'd make.

BUT:

~ Where will those babies go?

~ Who will take care of them?

~ Is it safe for the mother animal?

~ Will the babies survive; will it be without incident or harmful repercussions?

It is a common misconception that puppy mills make up the majority of irresponsible breeding. Though puppy mills do contribute, backyard breeding actually makes up more than half of irresponsible breeding. Too often, irresponsible breeding churns out imperfect or unwanted animals who eventually wind up abandoned in shelters, left out to die, sold as healthy pets in pet stores, victims in research laboratories, or wind up as pets to irresponsible owners who perpetuate irresponsible breeding.

North Shore Animal League America rescued the Chihuahua puppies as part of our out-of-state rescue mission. One of our sister shelters, who did not have the proper facilities to care for the pups, reached out and asked for our help. They knew that without the proper care and environment, the puppies would most likely end up being euthanized. Without hesitation, we scooped up the puppies and rushed them to our advanced facility, eager to get them evaluated medically and emotionally.

When you first see these little guys, it seems like a veil of tears. They didn't have to be this way, and it seems so unfair. They are so tiny and seem helpless. How will they ever manage? But after a few moments, those tears of sorrow and dismay turn to a smile of hope and faith. They can manage - they will manage, and North Shore Animal League America is going to help them.

Two females and a male - all in good health - are hopping around, playing, barking, pouncing, and learning to use their back legs to stand upright. We have named them Venus de Milo, Carmen and Pablo. They have no idea that they are disadvantaged and seem very happy to have each other and to be alive. They are as sweet as can be and get around surprisingly well.

Meet Carmen, Venus and Pablo - Click here for Video.

North Shore Animal League America is devoted to helping the precious pups strengthen their back legs and is committed to training them to walk upright. We are also looking into some type of apparatus that can assist them in walking. So far, several companies have come forward offering their expertise in front-end carts, and we are working with them to create something that the little Chihuahuas can wheel around in. Eventually, when they are as self-sufficient as possible, we want to place Venus, Carmen and Pablo in their forever homes where they can live out the rest of their lives happy and healthy.

Won't you please help us give Venus, Carmen and Pablo the normal life they deserve? Your generous support is invaluable.

Sign the Pledge - Help North Shore Animal League America End Backyard Breeding.

Spread the Word - Share Venus, Carmen and Pablo's Story with Friends and Family.

I came across this today. Breaks my heart. I think Morrissey should have donation boxs at his shows for local animal shelters. It doesn't have to be money. It can be food, covers, water, etc.

I apologize for posting my rant in your thread. I hope that people will sign the petition.

Back
Top Bottom