What does the "+" mean after a user's name?

In the list of users online at the bottom of the main page? As in this snapshot:

Most users ever online was 698, October 31, 2006 at 08:19 PM.
Not Right in the Head, ADAM, Anaesthesine, billybrown, clarke41, Dave+, Dow Jones, drifter, Gay4Moz, Harsh Truth, HIM, jackson, Jones, Jose, LASHAA, lovemorrissey, mozinmich, patten, RobLand, Samson, Skinner, StillILL, The Cat's Mother, TLOTFamousIP

I've only ever seen one user at a time with the "+". I thought that it identified the moderators, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

In the list of users online at the bottom of the main page? As in this snapshot:

I've only ever seen one user at a time with the "+". I thought that it identified the moderators, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

I think it means they have added you to their friends-list. (Or/and you have added them. I can't quite recall.)

I don't have a friend's list. Maybe it means I am powered up?

t_7597.jpg

or maybe it's this.

Crosshairs.png

I guess that answer's The Cat's Mother's answer definitively, doesn't it?

Not Right: Look at "Buddy/Ignore lists" in your "user CP" menu. I have Karin and TMYEM! amongst my "buddies" and sure enough, when they show up as being logged in, they have a "+" after their names, whereas other members do not.

Dave doesn't have to have a Buddy-list of his own to be included in yours, so I can only guess you've added him without realising, possibly while checking out his user info, as user info pages have an "add as a buddy" link.

Here's the FAQ you need: http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/faq.php?s=&do=search&q=buddy&match=all&titlesonly=0

EDIT: Looks like you already had the FAQ link. Anyway, I just added another logged-on member to my friends-list, and she now appears with a nice new "+" next to her name. It should really mention this in the FAQ, though, shouldn't it?

Last edited:
Dave doesn't have to have a Buddy-list of his own to be included in yours, so I can only guess you've added him without realising, possibly while checking out his user info, as user info pages have an "add as a buddy" link.

Yeah, that's what I meant--by his not having a buddy list of his own, Dave just ruled out one of the two possibilities that you suggested. I was being obtuse because I was embarrased that I'd just revealed any of the names on my buddy list (and ones that aren't).

EDIT: Looks like you already had the FAQ link. Anyway, I just added another logged-on member to my friends-list, and she now appears with a nice new "+" next to her name. It should really mention this in the FAQ, though, shouldn't it?

Yep, it should. But maybe nobody had asked it before, so it doesn't meet the "frequently" qualification.

Yeah, that's what I meant--by his not having a buddy list of his own, Dave just ruled out one of the two possibilities that you suggested. I was being obtuse because I was embarrased that I'd just revealed any of the names on my buddy list (and ones that aren't).

Oh well, I'm sure you've made Dave feel all warm inside. It's an ill wind.... :D

i asked pregnant about this ages ago bc she had a plus next to her name in my list, and lo and behold i DID add her to my friends list so that must have been why! mystery solved... i think!

i think that's reserved for that sns bloke: he's always saying really controversial stuff about stuff - he just tells it how he sees it.

i dunno if you picked up on that.

Back
Top Bottom