Best Back-to-Back-to-Back Morrissey Songs

Vauxhall95

I Know It's Over...
Okay, here is your deserted island consecutive song question:

On what album and what three consecutive songs are the best in your opinion? We'll toss out the best of, greatest hits, and CD singles but keep in Bona Drag and World of Morrissey. No Smiths, just Morrissey. What three song sequence do you like the best?

I have to go with YATQ: America Is Not The World, Irish Blood, English Heart, and I Have Forgiven Jesus.

-Vaux

Mine would be from Kill Uncle:
"Mute Witness"/"King Leer"/"Found Found Found".

If we include Bona Drag, then it would be "The Last of the Famous International Playboys"/"Ouija Board, Ouija Board"/"Hairdresser On Fire".

Seasick/I know it's gonna happen someday/Tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, this is the definite winner, although I'd like to give honorable mention to "Come Back To Camden" / "I'm Not Sorry" / "The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores".

vauxhall

now my heart is full/speedway/ and why do'n't you find out for yourself or
springheeled-jim

just awake, super duper headache, so I can't make a real choice now
about the the 3rd song

Absolutely. I'd extend it further to include "Break Up the Family"/"Hairdresser on Fire"/"The Ordinary Boys", too. Unbeatable 6-track sequence.

From what LP is this?? I thought it went Suedehead/Family/ Ordinary Boys/ I Don't Mind If You Forget Me.

This could be an age thing as some of us older fans were used to purchasing LPs so that there was a side A and a side B. Thus My twopence worth (studio LPs) Vauxhall & I - Used To Be A Sweet Boy/ Lazy Sunbathers/ Sppedway.
Bona Drag- Hairdresser on Fire/Everyday Is Like Sunday/He Knows I'd Love to See Him

From what LP is this?? I thought it went Suedehead/Family/ Ordinary Boys/ I Don't Mind If You Forget Me.

This could be an age thing as some of us older fans were used to purchasing LPs so that there was a side A and a side B. Thus My twopence worth (studio LPs) Vauxhall & I - Used To Be A Sweet Boy/ Lazy Sunbathers/ Sppedway.
Bona Drag- Hairdresser on Fire/Everyday Is Like Sunday/He Knows I'd Love to See Him

US releases of Viva Hate include "Hairdresser on Fire" on the middle of side B, and since that's how I grew up with the album/CD, I've included it in my list.

I'd go for...

You Have Killed Me, The Youngest Was The Most Loved and In The Future When All's Well, from Ringleader Of The Tormentors.

I'd go for...

You Have Killed Me, The Youngest Was The Most Loved and In The Future When All's Well, from Ringleader Of The Tormentors.

As the loaf of Meat put it 2 out of 3 ain't bad ; but I'd have Dear God Please Help Me instead of Future

As for this US version with Hairdresser On Fire on it.. sounds a good idea but um ur thats not the number one hit LP it was over here!!! (Same for Meat Is Murder too)

As the loaf of Meat put it 2 out of 3 ain't bad ; but I'd have Dear God Please Help Me instead of Future

As for this US version with Hairdresser On Fire on it.. sounds a good idea but um ur thats not the number one hit LP it was over here!!! (Same for Meat Is Murder too)

So sorry that I don't think of the albums the way they were originally released in the UK. Next time I listen to Viva Hate or MIM, I'll be sure to skip over "Hairdresser on Fire" and "How Soon Is Now?" so that I can hear the albums as Moz intended. Next you'll tell me that Rubber Soul shouldn't start with "I've Just Seen a Face"?

Yes, this is the definite winner, although I'd like to give honorable mention to "Come Back To Camden" / "I'm Not Sorry" / "The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores".

At the moment, I think I'll second this. Quarry is in my car, and I just keep repeating the whole middle part.

Must be a Chicago thang. I've had YATQ in my car this week too. I LOVE Come Back To Camden -I think it's underrated/underappreciated. And well, my alter ego on the boards is thewomanofhisdreams (I'm coming along, Morrissey--get ready!) Funny that we picked the same 3. Girls, we're gonna get along just fine :D

Those 3 are great but I'm giving the edge to Vauxhall & I.
One of my desert island 5 CD's. Any 3 in a row are awesome, my faves:

Now My Heart Is Full/Spring-Heeled Jim/Billy Budd

The More You Ignore Me, the Closer I Get/Why Don't You Find Out for Yourself/I Am Hated for Loving

vauxhall

now my heart is full/speedway/ and why do'n't you find out for yourself or
springheeled-jim

just awake, super duper headache, so I can't make a real choice now
about the the 3rd song

the songs have to be in order on the record

Back
Top Bottom