Chicago-Museum of Contemporary Art-"Art and Rock and Roll Since 1967"

moz'art girl

oh la la
http://www.bnd.com/news/state/story/141027.html
(...)
"The exhibit seeks to examine the ways contemporary art and rock music have converged over the past 40 years, using paintings, photos, drawings, installations, film, music and video."
(....)
"In another area, bootleg concert footage from the punk band The Cramps, the '80s alternative rock band The Smiths, and the Rolling Stones is projected onto the walls.:)
But artist Douglas Gordon has slowed down the film significantly, encouraging viewers to contemplate the way the bands interact with the crowd. Cramps' lead singer Lux Interior is taunting and confrontational, for instance, while The Smith's Morrissey is playful with his worshipful fans." :D

The Chicago Tribune's art critic, Alan G. Artner, didn't much care for the exhibit. :( He basically was of the opinion that it was disappointing. I'm sure that his review of the exhibit (as well as the review of the Trib's rock critic, Greg Kot) is on the Tribune's website somewhere.

Regardless of what Artner thinks, though, I'm still going to try and catch the exhibit when I can. I haven't been to the Museum of Contemporary Art since I was in high school, so I'm due for a visit, anyhow.

Oh, I've always wanted to go to Chicago as I've heard such wonderful things about the city. Can we schedule a morrissey-solo road trip?

oh yea - i wanted to comment on The Cramps, OMG - I totally forgot about them!! Late 70s/Early 80s punk band.

Back
Top Bottom