Philly peeps, check it out!

nugz

SUPAHSTAR!
At the Khyber, 2nd and Chestnut, Philly, Pa.

Friday, October 5, 2007

The UN-Happy 20th Anniversary of The Smiths Break Up!
featuring:
Girlfriend in A Coma "Girlfriend In A Coma formed out of a notion by four friends that were also fans of The Smiths. It was the proverbial pebble in the shoe for Quinn and Sy. Together they had several failed attempts to construct a line up worthy of the stage. However with a passing comment about earlier attempts of this project, it sparked the interest of two other musician friends and suddenly the band was formed in September 2006.
The combination of Sy Seyler's savvy to lead a successful tribute group has been proven with the success of his other band, The Reagan Years. For year's Christopher Quinn's projects have always been described as Smith-esque or Morrissey. Guitar player extraordinaire, Glenn Riley possesses the skills to recreate the guitar wizardry of Johnny Marr. Bassist, Bryan Kimes has been a long time fan of The Smiths and it is evident in his note for note execution of the set list. The combination of these four outstanding musicians has created an authentic Smiths experience for both adoring fans that saw the original line up and those who only wished they could have seen them in the 80's.
Feeling the project shouldn't be limited to only Morrissey's days with The Smiths, the band also performs selections from Morrissey's solo career and mostly targets songs from the early 90's."
Karaoke Obscura: Smiths and Moz Karaoke! From 9-11
The Broadzilla DJs Spinning The Best of The Smiths and Morrissey to close out the evening!

I'll be there!!! you should to!! :D

At the Khyber, 2nd and Chestnut, Philly, Pa.

Friday, October 5, 2007

The UN-Happy 20th Anniversary of The Smiths Break Up!
featuring:
Girlfriend in A Coma "Girlfriend In A Coma formed out of a notion by four friends that were also fans of The Smiths. It was the proverbial pebble in the shoe for Quinn and Sy. Together they had several failed attempts to construct a line up worthy of the stage. However with a passing comment about earlier attempts of this project, it sparked the interest of two other musician friends and suddenly the band was formed in September 2006.
The combination of Sy Seyler's savvy to lead a successful tribute group has been proven with the success of his other band, The Reagan Years. For year's Christopher Quinn's projects have always been described as Smith-esque or Morrissey. Guitar player extraordinaire, Glenn Riley possesses the skills to recreate the guitar wizardry of Johnny Marr. Bassist, Bryan Kimes has been a long time fan of The Smiths and it is evident in his note for note execution of the set list. The combination of these four outstanding musicians has created an authentic Smiths experience for both adoring fans that saw the original line up and those who only wished they could have seen them in the 80's.
Feeling the project shouldn't be limited to only Morrissey's days with The Smiths, the band also performs selections from Morrissey's solo career and mostly targets songs from the early 90's."
Karaoke Obscura: Smiths and Moz Karaoke! From 9-11
The Broadzilla DJs Spinning The Best of The Smiths and Morrissey to close out the evening!

I'll be there!!! you should to!! :D

You beat me to it nugz! I know I will be there, I just dont know what time. I think I'm going to a show at 7:30 at World Cafe. darn!

[Off-topic] What exactly is the World Cafe? Is it a bar, a radio show, or what? Many of my other favorite artists have performed there, but I still can't figure out what it is.

its well...its a cafe kinda. in this big building though. i've only been there once. its a cafe/bar type place. i didnt explain that very well.....:o

You beat me to it nugz! I know I will be there, I just dont know what time. I think I'm going to a show at 7:30 at World Cafe. darn!

I'm so excited, this is the first all Smiths/Moz night I have even heard about in Philly. (I'm sure there was some, but probably just missed them.) I'll try to get there at 9 sharp. Ill be there all night. I'll be the drunk one with the red hair and the orange mouth.... :D

13620.jpg

Ill be there from start to finish..cant wait!

oh cool, I didnt notice you bumped it. awesome, i'll be there too. I'd get tickets in advance if I were you, just to be safe. I got mine. see you there!!! :)

i wanna go to this but i have to go to another show that night around 8. oh well - i'll probably be able to show up late, at least! i'm really happy that i'm suddenly hearing about cool nights in philly. i haven't been to one so far, but then again i've only been here for a month.

also, this is going on Friday, Oct 12th. I'll be there too!

1390918044_bb2df61688.jpg

Here is a question, are the tickets for Friday just for the band then when the band is over they just charge a cover to get in for the rest of the night, karaoke/dj etc?

I might very well miss the band and I don't want to pay for tickets if it's only for the band ya know.

Does this make sense? Anyone have any info?

The band has the wrong time on their page. I just double-checked with the guy doing the booking (I'm part of the Karaoke Obscura crew doing the Smiths/Moz karaoke) - we're doing that from 9-11pm, the band is on AFTER us around 11pm, and then the DJs follow the band whenever they finish.

I don't know if they stop charging the cover at any point. But the place is a bar, so you might be able to avoid the cover if you go there early enough. And, as a karaoke host, I fully encourage you to get there and start drinking around 5, because it helps.

You can see our songlist here:
http://blog.myspace.com/karaokeobscura
(only Smiths/Moz available this Friday, but we do a night every month at a different bar, with the full songlist)

And just for fun, you can read about Morrissey's horrified reaction to us here.

damn, that M Room gig looks fun. I have a benefit party for a friend to attend that night, however, so no go....:(

Probably the same stuff I spin at my weekly event anyway (shameless self promotion!- every thursday upstairs at the Raven Lounge 1718 Sansom st. 10pm no cover :D) so I guess I'm not TOO upset, haha

damn, that M Room gig looks fun. I have a benefit party for a friend to attend that night, however, so no go....:(

Probably the same stuff I spin at my weekly event anyway (shameless self promotion!- every thursday upstairs at the Raven Lounge 1718 Sansom st. 10pm no cover :D) so I guess I'm not TOO upset, haha

I'm pretty sure that M room thing is once a month. so maybe next month!

The band has the wrong time on their page. I just double-checked with the guy doing the booking (I'm part of the Karaoke Obscura crew doing the Smiths/Moz karaoke) - we're doing that from 9-11pm, the band is on AFTER us around 11pm, and then the DJs follow the band whenever they finish.

I don't know if they stop charging the cover at any point. But the place is a bar, so you might be able to avoid the cover if you go there early enough. And, as a karaoke host, I fully encourage you to get there and start drinking around 5, because it helps.

You can see our songlist here:
http://blog.myspace.com/karaokeobscura
(only Smiths/Moz available this Friday, but we do a night every month at a different bar, with the full songlist)

And just for fun, you can read about Morrissey's horrified reaction to us here.

Ok, I'll just buy tickets then. I'll see everyone there!!!

im bumping this thread as a reminder! its tonight people!!! :D

and also cuz i was looking at "Girlfriend in a Coma's" myspace page and I just happened to click on some chick on their top friends who happened to have a comment from my EX who said he was gonna be there tonight, SHITBALLS!!! :mad:

um, you guys that are gonna be there please keep me distracted and hold me back cuz if go anywhere near him I WILL get arrested for attempted murder. thank you.

im bumping this thread as a reminder! its tonight people!!! :D

and also cuz i was looking at "Girlfriend in a Coma's" myspace page and I just happened to click on some chick on their top friends who happened to have a comment from my EX who said he was gonna be there tonight, SHITBALLS!!! :mad:

um, you guys that are gonna be there please keep me distracted and hold me back cuz if go anywhere near him I WILL get arrested for attempted murder. thank you.

Good thing you warned me. I'll be there for you. Don't you worry. We can make him feel like an a hole from a far. Besides you will be too busy having fun singing National Front Disco with me! Oh yes!

Good thing you warned me. I'll be there for you. Don't you worry. We can make him feel like an a hole from a far. Besides you will be too busy having fun singing National Front Disco with me! Oh yes!

can i throw my drink at him while he's singing? he's gonna get up there and sing and dance around like Elvis like he's God's gift. just watch.

Back
Top Bottom