Hollywood Palladium - hotels nearby?

What u really need to factor in is if parking is free or not. U may find a GR8 rate but then find out that to park your car it's $10.00 or more extra a day. During my research on Expedia.com The Hollywood Inn Express South has a GR8 rate & free parking but reviews of the place r mixed. This hotel is just 4 miles from the Palladium. Hope this helps. :)

You may want to check out the Best Western (not too far away) on Franklin - the Hollywood Hills Best Western - http://www.bestwesterncalifornia.com/hotels/best-western-hollywood-hills-hotel/

It is pretty close and seems to be a decent place.

Hey, I love the 101 Coffee Shop attached to it! It is very vegetarian and vegan friendly.

It is less than a mile to the Palladium, so you can hoof it. The neighborhood on Franklin is not bad, so it is safe to walk. But it is uphill (rather steep) on the way back.

I was going to suggest getting a cheap room at a non-touristy location; I assume you have a car already, so then just drive over to the Palladium and pay a couple of bucks to park. Or if you're lucky and have a room near the metro, take the metro to Hollywood and Vine. Brilliant!

But the Best Western on Franklin is a very good suggestion and probably less trouble than what I was gonna suggest. The parking at the Best Western is only tight when you're not a guest and you're trying to go to the 101 Coffee Shop at night. If you park in the day, no problem -- and AFAIK, it's included with your motel stay.

The Sahara Hotel is close and you can walk to the venue. Looks like a Comfort Inn type type place, but I have heard it's actually decent.

Wait!!! Scratch that... I didn't mean the Sahara! I meant to say Dunes Inn, not the Sahara. Don't stay at The Sahara! The Dunes is on Sunset very close to the venue.

When I was down for the Bowl show in June, stayed at the Hollywood Celebrity hotel, right off of Highland, across the street from the Magic Castle and about 10 seconds from the Hollywood and Highland Center. Great rates, about $119 a night and they have a parking lot that is free. It's on a private street which is nice. One downside is they have no elevator. http://www.hotelcelebrity.com/

Joey, have you tried tripadvisor.com?

I read some bad things about Vibe Hotel. It is cheap maybe for a reason. :(

I think the Ramada in West Hollywood is probably ok.

Dunno about the others.

If you google "hotels near Hollywood Palladium" you get this:

http://hotel-guides.us/california/hollywood-palladium-ca-hotels.html

It gives you distances to the venue and prices, and availability for the dates you want. I've used this website to find hotels near a bunch of Morrissey venues and it's never let me down as far as getting me in a nice hotel that's close. However, I've never actually booked through the website so I can't vouch for them on that aspect. I've always done it on the hotel's website or Expedia so I can get points, and I always read the reviews on Expedia to check if it's a decent hotel.

Question for locals: which is better - Best Western Hollywood Plaza or Ramada Hollywood?

Hi, Claudia2000:

I don't get your question for locals. Why would locals be in budget-midpriced hotels if they are locals (i.e., live at home in the area)? I should think visitors would know better since they are more likely to stay in a hotel.

It's different with upper end hotels because locals might want to book a wedding reception or conference at one or go to its bar.

I only know about the Ramada in WeHe because some people from out of town once stayed there for some concerts at the Troubadour. They said it was okay. Hmmm...that was about a decade ago, so it could've changed.

The Dunes Inn looked decent and very close to the venue. I couldn't get their online booking thing to work, so I chose the Best Western Hollywood Hills this time around. It is far from the Palladium, but I liked the convenience of it being close to the freeway (we'll be driving around quite a bit) and the coffee shop.

The Orchid Suites ?, also on Orchid Ave. across from Hollywood Celebrity, didn't look quite as inviting or clean as Hollywood Celebrity. Hollywood Celebrity has a nice little patio area out front and a nice big awning, it looks more "hotel-y", the Orchid Suites looked more like a residential hotel.

Hi, Claudia2000:

I don't get your question for locals. Why would locals be in budget-midpriced hotels if they are locals (i.e., live at home in the area)? I should think visitors would know better since they are more likely to stay in a hotel.

It's different with upper end hotels because locals might want to book a wedding reception or conference at one or go to its bar.

I only know about the Ramada in WeHe because some people from out of town once stayed there for some concerts at the Troubadour. They said it was okay. Hmmm...that was about a decade ago, so it could've changed.

I actually realized that wasn't really a locals question after I posted it, but I couldn't be bothered to edit. :o

Anyway, they both seem to have decent reviews so I guess either one would be fine.

The Best Inn isn't too bad, clean and not too noisy, and only a block from Hollywood Boulevard if you want to walk around. It was $72 a night.

I think I have it narrowed down to Hollywood Celebrity or a Best Western (Hollywood Hills or Plaza).

I'd like to find out where the band and crew are staying, I know they wouldn't be in a trashy place. I don't think that's going to happen though. I talked to a guy in Alabama who was staying in the same hotel as everyone, and it was only $20 more a night than the crappy one I had.

What are people doing the nights when there aren't Moz shows?

I went with the Hollywood Celebrity. Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

i've never had any problems and have stayed there numerous times , enjoy

Back
Top Bottom