Manchester this weekend - S&G Friday, The Smyths in Bolton Saturday!

Jukebox Jury

Retired
Going to be a good weekend folks.
Smiths & Morrissey night on Friday 7th September and The Smyths in Bolton the following evening, supported by Re-Order, a New Order tribute band.
The gig is at The Soundhouse, Ash Street, Bolton
Where is that Grim??

Also Grim, where is a decent boozer nearby where we can watch the England game first and then head onto the venue?

Jukebox Jury

Last edited:
Phil,

I shall not be attending either event, but am very much looking forward to Ambitious Outsiders making their spectacular debut live performance in a few weeks, where I presume you will be there as well?

Going to be a good weekend folks.
Smiths & Morrissey night on Friday 7th September and The Smyths in Bolton the following evening, supported by Re-Order, a New Order tribute band.
The gig is at The Soundhouse, Ash Street, Bolton
Where is that Grim??

Also Grim, where is a decent boozer nearby where we can watch the England game first and then head onto the venue?

Jukebox Jury

It must be a new venue, it is just down the side of Manchester road college by the looks of it (heading towards St Peters Way). If you are on the train, there's the Sweet Green Tavern (diagonally across from the station - it's a trotters pub though), I'd go to the cattlemarket personally, it's a bit out of your way tbh, it's down the street from the Sweet Green past the roundabout to the next roundabout. Your best choice though is to go down the hill from the train station & turn left at the traffic lights instead of going right then down the street to the venue, aye go up Bradshawgate there's the Alma inn or summat like that.

Wish I was there!

love

Grim

I'm gonna try and give this night a real go this month! i may well be all alone, so please take time to chat and dance with the loner in the grey ringleaders t-shirt and black shirt! :)

I was looking forward to going with Slum Mum on Friday night, but she has to work. I'm still going though, please be kind to the shy retiring wallflower in the shadows.

Phil,

I shall not be attending either event, but am very much looking forward to Ambitious Outsiders making their spectacular debut live performance in a few weeks, where I presume you will be there as well?

Liam
I wont be at Ambitious Outsiders as it is a Morrissey only event.
Unless there is a connection with Mike & Andy (yes, I'm on first name terms:D) I'm not interested.
I may email the singer and ask if International Playboys or Interesting Drug will be performed. I'll stay for those songs only.:p

Jukebox Jury

Liam
I wont be at Ambitious Outsiders as it is a Morrissey only event.
Unless there is a connection with Mike & Andy (yes, I'm on first name terms:D) I'm not interested.
I may email the singer and ask if International Playboys or Interesting Drug will be performed. I'll stay for those songs only.:p

Jukebox Jury

Your response does not surprise me. But surely "Mike & Andy" will be at the Ambitious Outsiders event themselves, in their ongoing quest to whore themselves at every single Morrissey or Morrissey related event?

Your response does not surprise me. But surely "Mike & Andy" will be at the Ambitious Outsiders event themselves, in their ongoing quest to whore themselves at every single Morrissey or Morrissey related event?

Your response does not surprise me.

Jukebox Jury:rolleyes:

[...] am very much looking forward to Ambitious Outsiders making their spectacular debut live performance in a few weeks, where I presume you will be there as well?

i hope you'll be taking your camera.

I would take the camera but the Stalinist moderators on here would censor any photographs of the event because **** will be there (the centre of attention, no less!) and posting pictures of that would of course be completely unacceptable.

Still working an angle then Deano?

Thats my boy!

No, i'm just not going for a bit. From the last pics you lot seemed to have a belter, all smiley faces. So all this "It's not the same without you", and "You are the best Morrissey" (?!?!) like i'm a poorer mans Jason Donovan won't wash. Get your fat arse up there Liam and have a go or just do a speech, bending over to the mic of course ;)

BTW Nottingham Forest are a poor excuse of a football club....one stand open tonight?!?!

BTW Nottingham Forest are a poor excuse of a football club....one stand open tonight?!?!

We've won two European Cups, beaing the likes of Ajax.

We're now playing Peterborough in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy. The fact 3,000 have turned up is a miracle. And not many others will beat that attendance.

One stand Forest, that's what i'm calling your fickle, fairweather supported club from now on Spendlove! Disappointing!

One stand Forest, that's what i'm calling your fickle, fairweather supported club from now on Spendlove! Disappointing!

Deano,
Whilst Forest's performances this season are quite laughable:D, to be fair, when City were in the third division not so long ago, we played Mansfield Town in the Freight Rover Trophy - our one and only excursion in the competition, losing 2-1. The attendance was 3007.
And yes, I was there:)

Mike, does that Tory twat Kenneth Clarke still turn up at the City Ground?

Jukebox Jury

Why are you sticking up for him for fooks sake!?! Still can't find anywhere that sells your book!

Mike, does that Tory twat Kenneth Clarke still turn up at the City Ground?

Jukebox Jury

Phil.

No. However, the bastion for individual liberty and free economic forces, former great Chancellor who laid the grown work for this nations economic success in the 21st century, the great Ken Clarke does on occasions take a seat at the City Ground,

We've won two European Cups, beaing the likes of Ajax.

Mike, you mean you won two Euro Cups and cleaned them on return using Ajax:D

Still can't find anywhere that sells your book!

There was a copy in Waterstones, Deansgate yesterday in the music section with all the other Morrissey books.

the great Ken Clarke does on occasions take a seat at the City Ground,

Mike, come on, he's so fat he needs at least two seats. The fattest Cat of them all.....

Jukebox Jury

Back
Top Bottom