Few Questions About Morrissey?

Morrissey2007

I Can't Ever Understand?!
1) Did He Go To College (did he drop out of high school, if so which year?)
2) Did He Have A Singing Coach? (surely you can't sing like that without a coach right?
3) Did He Choose To Be Alone?

1)No
2)No
3)Apparently... there is a neverending list of interesting, smart, attractive people who would go out with him given a chance. He's either an incredible asshole and no one can stand to be with him, or he thinks everyone else is. But he wouldn't be the same if he was married with two kids and a big house in the country, now would he?

1)No
2)No
3)Apparently... there is a neverending list of interesting, smart, attractive people who would go out with him given a chance. He's either an incredible asshole and no one can stand to be with him, or he thinks everyone else is. But he wouldn't be the same if he was married with two kids and a big house in the country, now would he?

I could swear that I read somewhere that Morrissey did, in fact, take singing lessons for a short time around the time of the first Smiths record. Does anyone else remember this or did I dream it?

I could swear that I read somewhere that Morrissey did, in fact, take singing lessons for a short time around the time of the first Smiths record. Does anyone else remember this or did I dream it?

According to the various literature avialable you are, indeed, right.

There's something about it in Simon Goddard's "Songs that saved your life". Moz definitely took singing lessons during the Smiths times, don't know if he ever did it when he was solo.

Wow, my first post!

1) Did He Go To College (did he drop out of high school, if so which year?)
2) Did He Have A Singing Coach? (surely you can't sing like that without a coach right?
3) Did He Choose To Be Alone?

I read somewhere that he took English literature and History at a college when he was 17 but eventually dropped out :confused:

There's something about it in Simon Goddard's "Songs that saved your life". Moz definitely took singing lessons during the Smiths times, don't know if he ever did it when he was solo.

Wow, my first post!

His voice improved pretty dramatically between the debut album and Meat Is Murder, that's for sure. Welcome to the nuthouse :D

His Irish ancestry definitely has a lot to do with with great voice, too. His voice keeps getting better as he gets older, :cool:

As far as school, he was far too smart to attend, :D:)

i read tht he take singing lessions around meat is murder(it is mentioned in one of this various moz books could be goddards)

His voice improved pretty dramatically between the debut album and Meat Is Murder, that's for sure. Welcome to the nuthouse :D

I agree, there is a major difference. He sang very monotonously on the first album.

i read tht he take singing lessions around meat is murder(it is mentioned in one of this various moz books could be goddards)

I remember it saying in severed alliance that he had a couple of singing lessons after the debut album released.

You don't drop out of high school in Britain. You stay until you are 16 (unless you play truant) and then you decide whether to stay on. Morrissey left.

ys he did take singing lessons after The SMithe album according to something i heard

Yes Morrissey did go to college.
It is in The Severed Alliance and also in the excellent book 'Panic On The Streets' it even tells you were the college is;)

He went to Stretford Technical College for a year after leaving St Mary's to re-sit his O' Levels that he failed (no sexual puns needed, they were called O' levels then!).
He went for one year aged 16 - 17 (1975 - 76) and passed.
Stretford Tech changed name to North Trafford College in the 80's and this summer it merged with South Trafford College to be called, yes, you've guessed it... Trafford College!
It is situated just down from Lancashire County Cricket Club (where Morrissey appeared at the Move Festival in 2004), about 5 mins walk from his home on Kings Road.

Jukebox Jury

Last edited:
i found it: at the how soon is now section (at goddards book) near the end.."Morrissey admitted that he had voice coaching around that time of how soon is now got recorded "

Thanks for the research, sista...and of course to JJ, as always, for your most insightful comments. Truly appreciated. Your fountain of knowledge and input is what makes moz-solo worthwile.

Didnt Moz get pissed off with Mike Joyce because Mike took drumming lessons at some point?

I also read somewhere that Morrissey recently said that he doesnt look after his voice or has had any vocal coaching in the past years.

Back
Top Bottom