Additional Forum Ideas

scarletteheart

I'm not sure if this has been asked before (I'm experiencing a bout of deja vu as I type this) but I think we should have a couple of forums dedicated to books and movies. I think each would be a great asset to this community.

I think youir idea is great, however we do have off topic for things
like that.
We could have an off topic, offtopic forum, I guess.
;)

I could add sub-forums to the off-topic forum, I think that would work.

So "Books", "Movies", anything else? I'll probably move "Other Music" here also.

I could add sub-forums to the off-topic forum, I think that would work.

So "Books", "Movies", anything else? I'll probably move "Other Music" here also.

"Other Music" needs to be separated from off-topic because some people post downloads/bootlegs in there.

Actually Books/Movies related threads aren't many.
I think we don't have to follow other similar forums format.

I agree with those who believe our few threads about books and movies belong in Off Topic. Too many subtopics breaks up the flow. Also, Other Music is great where it is. BTW, I prefer this forum design to others where I post, but maybe I'm just resistant to change :confused:

Holding off on adding new forums for now. In setting up the original forums, the idea was to keep the number at a minimum with Morrissey, The Smiths and music in general as the main focus.

Books and movies (and TV...) are large influences for Morrissey, and could generate interesting discussion and suggestions, so I think the idea is a good one. But so far, there have not been many threads on the topic so those forums would probably not be very active.

Attached is a screenshot of what adding subforums would look like on the forums index page.

Davidt, you're hot. Morrissey doesn't deserve you.

I don't think Morrissey will be contributing to the new forum sub-sections tbh. They are for the likes of you & me, always!

love

Grim

I agree with Kewpie and Busy Clippers. Too many forums is not a good idea.
I hate the forums with thousands sections, but, as Miss Clippers said, maybe I'm just resistant to change.

Back
Top Bottom