Closing/Deleting Forum Account

The admistrator can delete accounts, it is not something that is encouraged though.

Why? Surely it would be a good idea to destroy troll accounts rather than just blocking them?

I have received a few requests to delete accounts. The general rule is no, accounts are not deleted unless there is a valid reason.

The main reason for this policy is that it is more administrative work. I have had some people request deletion because of some emotional issue, then change their mind later. I have not seen this but a mod brought up this scenario - it is possilble someone may get on someone's computer and pretend to be that person and request deletion of the account as a joke or out of malice. Deleting is not something that can be reversed.

Also, once things start getting deleted, threads may become confusing because context is lost.

If one were to want to close their forum account, is there a way to delete it?

you've only made 49 posts, it wouldn't be too much to go & delete your posts yourself would it? So your screen name would stay but I doubt that many others would be queing up for it eh?

love

Grim

I have received a few requests to delete accounts. The general rule is no, accounts are not deleted unless there is a valid reason.

The main reason for this policy is that it is more administrative work. I have had some people request deletion because of some emotional issue, then change their mind later. I have not seen this but a mod brought up this scenario - it is possilble someone may get on someone's computer and pretend to be that person and request deletion of the account as a joke or out of malice. Deleting is not something that can be reversed.

Also, once things start getting deleted, threads may become confusing because context is lost.

Okay, thanks for answering my question hon!

Back
Top Bottom