Morrissey tribute Band 'Ambitious Outsiders' perform 'First Of The Gang' Hear It Here

Re: Morrissey tribute Band 'Ambitious Outsiders' perform 'First Of The Gang' Hear It

I presume us supporters of He Who Can Not Be Named get it free, right? :p

Re: Morrissey tribute Band 'Ambitious Outsiders' perform 'First Of The Gang' Hear It

'Ambitious Outsiders' have recorded a number of tracks, one of which - 'First of the gang to die' - you can hear here.

http://www.myspace.com/morrisseytributeband

Their first gig will be at Bar TV21, Thomas Street, Manchester on 20th September. A limited number of tickets are available for the gig direct from TV21 or email [email protected]

Jukebox Jury
any plans for London dates at all? Or will i have to travel back ooooooooop north to see them?

Hang on, so you cant put his picture up, or pictures of nights he's been at, but you can advertise his voice?

the lead singers voice reminds me a bit of what'sisname
Paul thingy, oh you know
Paul him from the housemartins.
Have a listen!
Excellent work Ambitious Outsiders

love

Grim

the lead singers voice reminds me a bit of what'sisname
Paul thingy, oh you know
Paul him from the housemartins.
Have a listen!
Excellent work Ambitious Outsiders

love

Grim

Paul Heaton...that's exactly what I thought!

It really is jolly good...if a little Housemartinesque!

Last edited:

What we need to happen is some Thatcher esque censorship of the lead singer of ambitious outsiders. Everytime his photo appears his face is just blanked out and everytime something audio is posted there should be someone in a totally different accent reciting what he is saying.

Paul Heaton...that's exactly what I thought!

It really is jolly good!

Paul Heaton, that's the fellah

*removed*

cheers kewpie you granted Pauls wish!

love

Grim

Last edited:

what an amazing photo. they almost look like they are both in the same dimension.

Paul Heaton, that's the fellah

*removed*

cheers

love

Grim

thanks kewpie, ouch that karma really hurts! :)

love

Grim

what an amazing photo. they almost look like they are both in the same dimension.

cheers Dave if you need any dodgy happy photoshopping done, you know where to come eh?

love

Grim

Why is it on this site that, instead of being supportive or complimentary, or just remaining silent, whenever anyone tries to do something positive, it never takes long before threads are hijacked by those with their own private agendas, such as the likes of "Dave", who remains glued to the past like a fossilised cockroach.
"Dave", move on, stop living on this site, and try and get something that at least resembles a life. It's not 2005, and the tired old internet squabbles that took place here years ago don't interest anyone except you.
Also, there are still those who think it's clever or funny to post doctored pics of people on the internet, or to insult them by making unflattering comparisons.
They, also, need to find something more productive to do. Perhaps they could do something that might benefit those of us that come here simply because we have an interest in Morrissey, like, I don't know, form a band and go out performing Morrissey's songs, or even start a Morrissey/Smiths night in their area.
Thankfully the numbers of people actually posting on this site is so few, and the amount of visitors have dwindled to such a degree, that it hardly matters anymore what is posted here, but nonetheless, it's a shame that the so-called "events" section of the site is now being used for the same puerile purposes as the off topic section.

Last edited:

What we need to happen is some Thatcher esque censorship of the lead singer of ambitious outsiders. Everytime his photo appears his face is just blanked out and everytime something audio is posted there should be someone in a totally different accent reciting what he is saying.

Are you comparing our singer friend to Gerry Adams, Liam?

Are you comparing our singer friend to Gerry Adams, Liam?

in the way that he is vilified by certain parts of soceity, then I suppose I am yes.

Why is it on this site that, instead of being supportive or complimentary, or just remaining silent, whenever anyone tries to do something positive, it never takes long before threads are hijacked by those with their own private agendas, such as the likes of "Dave", who remains glued to the past like a fossilised cockroach.
"Dave", move on, stop living on this site, and try and get something that at least resembles a life. It's not 2005, and the tired old internet squabbles that took place here years ago don't interest anyone except you.
Also, there are still those who think it's clever or funny to post doctored pics of people on the internet, or to insult them by making unflattering comparisons.
They, also, need to find something more productive to do. Perhaps they could do something that might benefit those of us that come here simply because we have an interest in Morrissey, like, I don't know, form a band and go out performing Morrissey's songs, or even start a Morrissey/Smiths night in their area.
Thankfully the numbers of people actually posting on this site is so few, and the amount of visitors have dwindled to such a degree, that it hardly matters anymore what is posted here, but nonetheless, it's a shame that the so-called "events" section of the site is now being used for the same puerile purposes as the off topic section.

In his seeking for truth, honesty and justice, is it fair to call "Daddy's Voice" the new "Mr. Manchester"?

I like the cut of the jib of this new youngster.

In his seeking for truth, honesty and justice, is it fair to call "Daddy's Voice" the new "Mr. Manchester"?

I like the cut of the jib of this new youngster.

Liam... I don't know how to tell you this... but he's been banned! :eek:

[...] They, also, need to find something more productive to do. Perhaps they could do something that might benefit those of us that come here simply because we have an interest in Morrissey, like, I don't know, form a band and go out performing Morrissey's songs [...]

the irony, here, was intentional, wasn't it?

Back
Top Bottom