Modest Mouse 8/19/07 Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

tanner_sis

Down on the Corner
Modest Mouse 8/15/07 Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MY f***ING GOD!!!! LOVE f***ING MODEST MOUSE AND JOHNNY f***ING MARR!!!!

okay so from the start..yes this is long but I MET JOHNNY MARR AND ISAAC BROCK!!!! AHHHHHHHH

okay so like the other day..i made up some cock and bull story that i was writting for the kent state paper for summer concert reviews..and well if i was it wouldnt get printed anywho cause of all the f***S!! f***ING MODEST MOUSE MAN!!! yeah well so i emailed a few people and ended up with a photo pass cause well cameras like mine arent allowed..so yeah last thing i heard was to pick it up at will call the day of the concert..

so me and mum get there like 3pm..and nothing..so the will call says wait till 5 and see if the band peeps have brought it back..so me and mum waited in the ga line..only like 20 people were there anywho..and we heard the band sound checking INVISIBLE!! f***ING AWESOME!! so i go and whoops they still have no pass for me..so come 6pm for the doors to open i tell mum to go to the left side and thats where johnny would be and wait on me..

so i stay out and see the vip woman on the door in the other part of the LC and go in and tell her..she gets some security guy..i tell him he takes my kent id and goes back..so i found out after the fact he was radioing a guy up on the stage and they were talking about me and "just let her have the pass i remember if you people would get your shit together etc etc" so he comes back and gives me the photo pass and tells me 1st 3 songs and out of the photo pit..

so i go down to the GA and talk to the security dude there..there is no pit because they decided not to put up the stage barricades..so yeah i held up my pass and asked people to move so i could get to the other side..and it was great having that authority hahaha cause everyones like sorry when they saw it! LMAO

so i get to the left of the stage and dont see mum so im like "ANYONE SEEN A GREY HAIRED LADY DARK SKIN 40s???" lmao so finally i went closer to the stage and found her..she was right in front of a monitor and shit..and i looked at the wires lying there an there was a mic cord with a J on it so i knew it was johnnys!!

so im standing there bullshiting with people and shit and they are like "are you the bands official photographer" um no BUT I f***ING WISH!! yes pat thats your job you lucky f***!

so we are standing there at the stage and this little boy comes to the end of the stage in front of me and mum..and i see Eric Judy standing at the back..and it turns out the boy is his or whatever cause Erics like come on and smiling and everything! hehe

so love as laughter comes on and they are great..yeah i donno the music but it was fun and all..then Band of Horses which was f***ing great cause the singer and one guitarist was right in front of me and durning LAL the guitarist and keyboardist of BOH came out and played with them.. but yeah BOH..they were joking around and shit..and in between i saw Abe (johnny marr's guitar tech) he was tuning johnnys guitars before the shows and during LAL so i yelled at him a few times and then when MM were setting up i yelled at him again and he lifted up his head and looked for me lol

oh yeah TOM PELESO is so f***ing cool!! he helps the band crew set up the stage and shit..so it was great ..and i yelled at abe a few more times..

then OH MY f***ING GOD!! waiting for MM to come on!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

It was f***ing great!! I mean god i cant even think strait!! and the whole time like johnny was being a camera whore lmao.. and i was going nuts and filming and shit and pat took pics of us and the guy video taping was..god it was INSANE!! I cant even begin to explain it!! better yet i'll let my pics and video i put on flickr and photobucket explain it!! IT WAS WILD!! and johnny dancing and isaac bitching about the crowd surfers cause they were on the stage like hell and i kept getting trompled by them and people not getting off the stage and shit..it was insane!

so it was so f***ing hot and everyone sweating like hell and i saw one of johnnys sweat beads like fly in the air..it was all so f***ing sexy LMAO! but yeah Tiny Cities was f***ing insane..Invisible..little motel..CANT EVEN EXPLAIN IT!!

so okay afterwars!! AHHH so Abe came out..god that man is so remotely beyond cool! i yelled for him and hes like hold on and told me he had stuff to do so i showed him my necklace..which is a pic..as in i wanted a guitar pic..so hes like yeah hold on and when he got done he GAVE ME JOHNNYS PICK!!! AHHHHHHHHH and he gave another guy a setlist..then we waited more to let the crowd disipate..and a guy came around with set lists so me and mum got them..and abe gave mum one of johnnys pics too! so then i saw by johnnys monitor that there was another set list with the encore written on it..so i got the attention of a security guard and he gave it to me!! then i look to my right not 3 feet from me..who is on the stage talking to fans?!?! TOM!! so i walked over there and got a pic and shit..hes f***ing great..telling some guy to text him and shit..hehe

so then i went and got my shirts..then left the venue but im like mum we are going to the left to the gates..so we went over there and waited and what do you know HERE COMES JOHNNY!! (wasnt that a song?) hahaha but yeah so he is at the other side witht he fans..there werent that many..30 max..and so i moved down to where he was and im like hey johnny can you sign this and he looked at me and was like "hey did you get some good shoots?" f***ING YES I DID!! AHHHHH he remembered me! well who wouldnt with me right in front of him with a camera and jumping up and down and shit the whole concert?! LMFAO!! so yeah we got to talking about the PF FLYER shoes cause he put his foot up on the gate when he came to me..and i put mine up beside his and mums like hey look at the shoes...so that really got him started lmao..cause hes like OH YEAH THANKS for getting them Thanks..and i told him about how i had to order mine from Britain cause the US were gone and hes like "Oh reallY!! so you got yours from england!" AHHHH it was so f***ing sweet!! so hes like telling me about he wished they would had let him sell more to make more money but PF Flyers wouldnt do it ..the twats..so then hes thanking me again and shit..then i showed him the maple leaves that are the same on his guitar and hes like "Oh whered you get those?!" mums like "wal mart" lmao im like yeah walmart at 3am like in that video where you talked about them ..hes like "Oh yeahh so did you see it on the Fender site or Youtube?" im like no it was on another site but yeah its on Youtube too..lol so yeah hes sighing my Spin mag and hes like "how do you spell it ? with two s's?" aww no ..so i spelled it out and he wrote " 4 (or hi donno) Theresa with love & thanks Johnny Marr" AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH god how many times could he tell me thanks hehe the PF flyers moment was great hehe and i was picking on him about not spilling his tea cause he had a to go thing and he layed it on the ground lmao..so then when he went to sign mums set list i told him she was my mum and hes like "so you guys hang out together alot?" Awwww! and mums like yea but im like "but im moving next week" so he says to mum " here is something to remember her" and he drew a maple leaf!!! AHHHH GOD!!! LOVE HIM!! and no i couldnt get my pic with him cause my camera and my phone was dead but it was amazing..he is so sweet!

Last edited:
and so he moved on to sign other things..and this guy beside me goes "so johnny are you from north or south england?" hahaha im like "hes from manchester thats north dude" and johnnys like "yeah north" lmao he said something else but i couldnt hear him cause this girl like 4 people down was like "yeah man modest mouse needs to get a new f***ing fan base they are so f***ing lame and little f***ing high school kids yeah f***ing float on man" she was so f***ing rude! and hes like "you know no i heard you you dont have to say it again i heard you the 1st time you know some people voice their opinions a little too loud than the rest and no dont say it again i heard you the 1st time dont appologize etcetc" he was f***ing pissed..and it was so f***ing sexy! the bitch! but yeah that was great insaneness and johnny telling her that but she kept interrupting him to say sorry h1h1

so then like after johnny left and we said thanks and all that she kept going on about let me in and say sorry and all this to the cool security dude out there lmao..and then she started talking shit about me and this girl between us that kept telling her to shut up..and shes like yeah im not a fighter but i'll puch your f***ing c*** bitch face in and shit..so i told her to shut the f*** up again and she told me to "go f*** my mum" i got in her face and told her to piss off..mum grabbed my bag strap to keep me off of her..so after i did that the guy with her dragged her away! MUAHAHAHA BITCH! i swear people!

so yeah its long but bear with me! so we waited there and was watching johnny in the loading dock lmoa cause he was eating pizza!! so im like yeah hmm what about that whole vegitarian thing LMAO it was cute cause he kept looking out at us and by now there were like 10 people there..and shit..and yes johnny marr eating pizza is very cute!..

so i see isaac with a bunch of luggage go to the bus..and so we're like yeah hell yeah come over ..and he didnt..so we waited and picked on the love as laughter guys to come over but they didnt..so i went to let this guy listen to king rat on my ipod and look who is walking to us f***ING ISAAC!!! AHHHHHHH
yeah and he was so sweet..he came to me 1st and i asked him to sign the mag i gave him my sharpie to used and hes like "thanks really i aprriciate that " AWWWW so then later he hands it back to me and says " yeah this one is sharper but thanks" how many times can i get thanked by my idols in one day?!?! so he did then the girl next to me handed him her printed ticket and he looked at it and it was blank then un folded it and johnnys sig was on one half so on the blank half he wrote "this is Isaac Brock on this half of the paper" LMAO!! f***ING GREAT!! so he was taking pics with everyone and shit..and next you know..hes out the gates and to us!! so we're all bullshitting with him and shit..so i ask one of the girls if i give her my email if she'll mail me a pic..so i asked isaac and he took a pic with me..and mums like LMFAO! cause we have a "slow moving vehicle" sign right between our heads LMAO..so i pat him on the shoulder and thank him and all then the fans are bullshiting with him about the crowdsurfers and shit..it was great and the one girl is telling him about some one strangling one or something and hes all interested and concerned about it AWWWWWWWWWW so that was sweet..then he got ready to go and we are like thanks and i said have a safe trip to cleveland and id see him in Philly...WHAT A f***ING NIGHT!! AHHHHHHHHH!!! so im uploading shit on my flickr and will have the videos somewhere..just search for tanner or whatever...think i'll use photobucket and post them here when they are done..
cheers! Oh yeah thats what johnny said to us as he left ..damn manchunian love! "Cheers!"

edit..yeah forgot a few notes about talking to pat graham while johnny was out there..and hes f***ing great..and mum picking on johnny about not looking at the flowers on her shirt but her chest LMAO..etc etc..and oh he spit his tongue out at me lmao ..

mods can you help me out and change it to 8/15/07 lmao i got ahead of myself

Not a mod - obviously... but you should be able to change your title of the thread by clicking the "advanced" button at the bottem once you click "edit"

Re: Modest Mouse 8/15/07 Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

Tanner! Theresa! So I guess you had a great time? :D I'm so glad everything worked out wonderfully & that you got to chat with Johnny and the other guys.

What's the significance of the maple leaves? I'll go look for said video on YouTube, maybe that holds the answers...

Re: Modest Mouse 8/15/07 Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

thanks buzzetta..

yeah lmoa yes f***ing great time!! god johnny is so f***ing sweet and a camera whore lmao..you could tell he liked the attention!..so yeah i decided that im going to cleveland tonight for the show..then off to philly hehehe god..and im a huge modest mouse fan so this was all so great..and meeting isaac..hehe..and Abe johnny's guitar tech lmao..i kept bugging him and shit..i was the only one who knew who he was lmao

Good for you: have an awesome time. I hope the band hires you as their official photographer!

okay so since the dates didnt change i'll just work up to the 19th in here lmao.. yeah i went..on a whim this morning to cleveland after my college classes..im like f*** it why not see them 3 times..poor johnny and isaac im gonna have them worn out lmao..i met them again tonight ehhehe and it was really sweet..cause during the show johnny and i made eye contact a few times when he was singing..and i waved to Pat ....and again Erics son came out at the beginning..at least i figure its his son ..little boy..3 or 4 years old..blond hair..but today Abe brought him out ..

so yeah f***ing great show..besides some assholes who were being out of control and shit where i was..so the security threw them out..which got me a railing spot again for the encore..hehe before i was just one person back..bouncing around like an idiot..

but anyone who says they dont have a good stage presence are of their f***ing rockers! cause isaac and johnny were out of it tonight lol..1st thing isaac does when he comes to the mic is points out the sections listed on the walls..reads them off and says we are soposed to go to them in case of emergency or something (he was hard to make clear sometimes) but that the numbers had a certain code and equation and that he didnt have the know how to figure it out lol ..then like johnny talking in a strong londoners accent..and isaac going "f*** you are better than hugh grant..i thought you were just f***ing with me! " LMAO isaac was also over to talk to johnny quite a bit and theyed be laughing and shit..then tom wasnt paying attention to why they were laughing so isaac told him and he was laughing..then joe and jeremiah decided to throw their sticks towards the end almost hitting johnny and tom.. johnny was talking in the mic quite a bit too..about cleveland and ohio..then isaac joined in to tell some story about some lawsuit between the cities..donno the details couldnt hear him well.. and isaac decided to talk about when the fans find a place to sit in a place and he is supposed to be polite and come out but he dont know where it is or whatever..yeah and all the while he was making this hand gesture and was like "yeah i gotta quit that" crazy ass but it was fantastic!

god im just so overwhelmed with the last 2 days outcomes and still the sunday Philly show to go!!

so yeah dramamine..what a show!! and when we met johnny out back he gave the broken pick from it to a girl ive made friends with over today and yesterday..

after the show (i was alone) and i let my friend in philly listen to the concert via my cell like last night..i talked to her after and i was parked beside the busses so i walked around talking to her then went to my car cause no fans were out back yet..so then when there were i went over to find the same gals from last night in columbus..we all chatted and blew bubbles lmao..saw johnny around the busses and he waved..then again later when he wanted in the one bus and Abe had to let him in..Abe's hawian shirt was hilarious..they were having probs getting it unlocked..so we goofed with the security guard and shit..

so finally (donno what time) johnny came over to us..hes so damn great!..he talks to everyone and stuff..patience of a saint.. last night he had asked me if I got some good shots..so i printed some off before the show..and brought them along including a cropped version of
tongue.jpg
and johnny asked if he could have it..totally lol.. so yeah johnnys got my pic of him hmm.. wonder what he'll do with it..gave him a good laugh tho.. and I finally got my pic with him since last night my camera was dead..grr ..it was funny tho cause johnny is obsessed with his tea..so he came out with 2 paper cups and his tea and while we were talking to him he took the tea bag out and left it in the one cup on the ground..and he needed a hand while signing stuff so i held his tea for him..heh but when he left he left the cup and teabag..which we tried the tea from it..not bad..but then there was a vulgar joke about teabags about..so we all got a kick out of johnny being a litter bug

but even before he left it was great cause i had fungus listening on the cell..so she heard him talking and all..and so finally i told johnny and asked if hed talk to her..which he did lmao.."what are you doing up so late?" it was great yet again..with johnny..you just had to be there..but johnny did say he likes the look of Cleveland..i figure cause to me it does look like Manchester..and he said that even though he should probably know because hes an adult when he wakes up he doesnt know where hes at ..

so after more talking and all..we saw isaac go into the one back door and when they yelled at him he stopped and looked out and made a motion to wait..so like an hour later + they see him going on the bus..so they yelled at him and he made a remark about "f***ing kids and going to f***ing bed"...as in we should i think but he was just joshing us cause when he came over he was down to earth and talkative to hell..more than columbus..he was rather quiet then..but yeah he told us who he recognized of us and that we thought we were nice and he was glad we werent assholes and dickheads.. and he asked the one girls mom if he could cuss to her kids and shes like hell yeah and so he went on a rant about hes been cussing since he was a f***ing kid and f***ing this and f***ing that..it was priceless!

there were like only 7 of us (like 15 with johnny max i think) and some guy asked him about new material..and isaac went on about people getting hung up on We Were Dead and that if you want an idea of the new material go under the one bridge and there is some awesome graffiti and it looks like Gonzo but its a Dicknose..and you'd think it was Gonzo if it didnt have Dicknose written under it LMFAO! i think he was a bit tipsy..he signed stuff but when he was asked to sign a guys ticket he looked at it like what this thing is tiny! so he messed with his glasses and then bent way over and held the guys hand with his left hand and put the ticket in the guys free hand and signed it that way..he did it like 3 times lmao trust me it looked f***ing hilarious! i handed him 2 pics i took in columbus and he looked at them like what the f*** am i supposed to be looking at..so finally after this hilarious awkwardness he told us he still cant focus on shit..and thats what the glasses are for but they arent working.. then he recognized the mom from columbus and told her how beautiful he thought she was but he was embarrassed to say it last night and wished he would had but didnt..so he did it like 10 times tonight lol..ive got video..he was all over her...no comment..

tho there was a bit in the night where we found some interesting info ..but im not sharing it..because isaac made it clear he didnt want it getting out..sorry folks..too bad.. maybe if he pulls out his wallet you'll get the info..but im sure he dont do it often ..was fun anywho

but we got isaac to smile..got to tickle him and see if he really isnt ticklish..well he isnt all over his chest and sides at least lol..it was very very interesting when he started to unbutton his shirt..but he only showed us his tatoo on his chest.. he told us about his eye and jaw lol..let one of the girls touch the place where they did surgery under his eye and where he has a plate in his jaw.."i got plates all over my f***ing face!" when the guy asked about how he broke his jaw isaac went "wrong place wrong time wrong everything" etc hehe oh and hes also not a "dog and doesnt do tricks" lol..he also kept taking his hat and glasses off and the one girl was like i want that hat its cool..hes like dont even go there cause hes had so many hats stolen..but he was like here want the hat "on off on off " and kept putting it on and off.. lol he was out there like 30 mins the least..all the trucks and busses had left but the one hes on ..he was having a good time cause he didnt budge when they honked the horn at him.. there were lots of little tid bits..like when he signed a cig pack cause the guy didnt have anything else isaacs like "i dont condone smoking" as he signed it and smoked his cig ..and us talking about going to a bar and hanging..but hes like about he dont like bars and shit..

but the best part was when all of us fell for isaacs damn joke..i should had remembered how his jokes go (from that interview in a bar etc) but it slipped my mind..you know when he builds you up like wanna hear my joke i got a joke etc..then he tells this very unfunny line that really makes no sense about someone going into a bar....hence all of us stand there like wtf was that..then he goes "thats the whole thing you shouldnt of heard it..i shouldnt of told it ..you heard it ..you got it.." yeah..isaac got us alright..best part is we all filmed it..but f***ing class man! so yeah they called his phone to tell him to go..and he did..so that was a great way to end what we had going there..

im trying to get the pics and video up asap..but my connection is not agreeing..and im going to sleep cause ive had 3 hours in the last 2 + days

Tanner, I sent you a private message.

Have a great time on Sunday! You're going to be on a first-name basis with the band by the time this tour is over :)

Tanner, I sent you a private message.

Have a great time on Sunday! You're going to be on a first-name basis with the band by the time this tour is over :)
hehe yeah seems that way lmao cause johnny, abe, and pat all recognize me now hehe and johnny knows the right way to spell my name :D

hey tanner,

great story. i'm seeing modest mouse for the first time sep. 8th in brooklyn. i was just wondering if you happened to remember any of the set list.

thanks,
mono

I will be at the Philly show tomorrow.....when do you think's a good time to show?

I was going to aim for around 3pm as doors open at 6:00 pm and the show starts at 7:00 pm

Any advice would be appreciated!

Modest Mouse 9/8/7
McCarren Pool - Brooklyn

When you are there - if you are looking at decent places to eat...

Bamontes - Very famous Italian eatery on Withers north of the BQE

Fortunatos - Corner of Metropolitan and Manhattan - VERY famout pastry and cake shop. On Thanksgiving people are line up around the block to pick up their orders.

North Side of Brooklyn is still the hipster area but if you are into Thai food you ave Sea or Planet Thailand (Unless Planet Thailand finished their move to Metropolitan and Graham)

On the corners of (Metropolitan and Graham) or (North 7th/8th and Bedford) you can pick up the L train to jump into NYC... Its only two stops from the city from metropolitan and one stop from Bedford. Get off at Union Square and have a field day.

One mo' thing

Happy belated birthday, Tanner_Sis!

Last night's setlist:

Set:

Invisible
Paper Thin Walls
Dashboard
Fire It Up
Bukowski
Education
Float On
Fly Trapped In A Jar
Missed The Boat
Broke
Tiny Cities Made Of Ashes
Doin' The Cockroach
Little Motel
Satin In A Coffin
Black Cadillacs
The View

Encore:

Bury Me With It
Out Of Gas
Dramamine

I blew off trying to meet Johnny. It was raining all day and I doubt he'd be out and about before the show. Anyways, I showed up just at 7pm and placed myself right in front of Johnny about 3 "rows" back. Johnny was awesome.....he just absolutely is an amazing player. I swear I heard a kid behind me say "I gotta find out who their new guitar player is, he is awesome". Johnny was playing Jaguars all night and switched to a Rickenbacker once.

Favorites of the night "Fly", "Little Motel" and "Bury"

Last edited:
aww thanks guys for the bday wishes and all..i got home tonight around 10 but having probs with the net..and im going to the brooklyn show now too ..:D

last night..AHH johnny spit his tongue out at me again!!! :D:D thats our little thing now i guess lmao my friend and I were 1st in line and met eric judy and bullshited with him before the show..then we watched the sound check ..then got right on the rail infront of johnny!! spot on concert besides being soaked to the bone..but what the hell hehe Johnny didnt come out at the end..but I got to meet isaac again and he complemented me on my Johnny marr PF flyers!! hehe i love them both so much lol :p now off to brooklyn next month!

Back
Top Bottom