The Killers - Sam's Town

yeah, i always try and buy a shirt when i go to a gig or concert. then wear em to death and then look terrible and i can't wear them anymore!

lol...I try my hardest to preserve them....especially my Moz ones....I have worn all three I have once :p :D They'll be worn more though, but taken good care of!

And then one smiths one and anohter moz one I have I wear to death! But they look excellent still...handwash all the way baby!

hey westendgirl, do you think it's cheesy (for me esp, a tourist) to wear a moz or smiths shirt when I go to london next month? I do want to blend in.

hey westendgirl, do you think it's cheesy (for me esp, a tourist) to wear a moz or smiths shirt when I go to london next month? I do want to blend in.

uuuummm, heck no techno!! WEAR THEM!! EVERYDAY IF YOU WANT TO! :D If you love them and are aching to wear them, and probably don't care what people will think(b/c it really doesn't matter either way) wear them! Tourist or not, express your love for the gorgeous one by wearing it! Heck, do it for me, who is longing to go to England one day! Wear everyone you have in honor of muah (hah..:p or not), at the possible chance you get to. :D

Aww, man, I am soooo excited for you that your getting to go!! ;)

BTW: I really love your new avatar, and your custom user title!

"Heck, do it for me" - Will do ... for the entire Morrissey Girls Club! I wear them often HERE but plan to wear them THERE. Prob not every day tho :p I don't want to smell bad that the locals won't help me out!

"BTW: I really love your new avatar, and your custom user title!"
Thanx, it was time for a change. I wanted some color, Bona Drag is one of my faves and so is the tune 'Hated for Loving' (which is also true of ME -I've been told I'm too nice as well as TOO obsessed with Morrissey!)

And finally, I needed a B&W Mozzie and found two for the price of one :D
I can't look into his eyes for too long. I get all frinky!

I gotta hit the hay. I've been addicted to this site all day. Kids are sick and lifeless, construction workers are in & out all day and well, the housework will always be there. -solo is my refuge! 'nite!!

"Heck, do it for me" - Will do ... for the entire Morrissey Girls Club! I wear them often HERE but plan to wear them THERE. Prob not every day tho :p I don't want to smell bad that the locals won't help me out!

"BTW: I really love your new avatar, and your custom user title!"
Thanx, it was time for a change. I wanted some color, Bona Drag is one of my faves and so is the tune 'Hated for Loving' (which is also true of ME -I've been told I'm too nice as well as TOO obsessed with Morrissey!)

And finally, I needed a B&W Mozzie and found two for the price of one :D
I can't look into his eyes for too long. I get all frinky!

I gotta hit the hay. I've been addicted to this site all day. Kids are sick and lifeless, construction workers are in & out all day and well, the housework will always be there. -solo is my refuge! 'nite!!

Okay good. Not everyday is A okay, that was just for the added emphasis! :p

That's one of my fave albums/songs as well. Actually my mother LOVES Hated For Loving as well. She said it's a pertty song.

I hope you can rest well tonight! Sweet Mozzy dreams....;)

You must tell me how to get Moz a little smaller. It's overwhelming. The page and ME! I will figure it out. Tomorrow.

lol...I try my hardest to preserve them....especially my Moz ones....I have worn all three I have once :p :D They'll be worn more though, but taken good care of!

And then one smiths one and anohter moz one I have I wear to death! But they look excellent still...handwash all the way baby!

the one i've still got and the white material is turning yellow is a Your Arsenal one with pictures of a motorscooter on the front and back. I had some others but one went a bit grey (it was black) and out of shape and one was too big for me also i used to share some with ex partner. But I 've got a ringleaders one from last year and i got a smiths Meat is murder shirt for my last birthday, i still got 4. But most of the designs i like you can still buy.

(on a separate note, i have a Stranglers tee from a tour they did in 1986 and a The Fall tee, which is from when they played with a ballet company on a Kurious Oranje show.)

:)You won't look like a tourist or like your from London...you don't often see people in these shirts.

the one i've still got and the white material is turning yellow is a Your Arsenal one with pictures of a motorscooter on the front and back. I had some others but one went a bit grey (it was black) and out of shape and one was too big for me also i used to share some with ex partner. But I 've got a ringleaders one from last year and i got a smiths Meat is murder shirt for my last birthday, i still got 4. But most of the designs i like you can still buy.

(on a separate note, i have a Stranglers tee from a tour they did in 1986 and a The Fall tee, which is from when they played with a ballet company on a Kurious Oranje show.)

:)You won't look like a tourist or like your from London...you don't often see people in these shirts.

very nice, very nice, very nice, very nice......:)

That's is true, you don't. So when you do it is astounding(I can imagine)! I have yet to experience that!

I'm not a great lover of Sam's Town; it has two great songs IMO, "Bones" and "Where White Boys Can Dance", but other than that the album smacks of a band attempting to over-compensate their status as an American band by conveying pretensions of Americana in several of the songs. Hot Fuss was a great album; a fun, upbeat and emotional record which actually added in synths and made it work! It did fantastically well in the UK, but made only a dent in the US. For me, Sam's Town undoes the success of and trys to progress, but ends up feeling hackneyed.

I do like alot of their songs, but Brandon Flowers does need to stop emulating Morrissey a little bit; "Smile Like You Mean It" is The Killers interpretation of I Know It's Over and Brandon has gone on to say how "Midnight Show" and "Jenny Was A Friend Of Mine" all came about out of Morrissey's romance of crime aesthetic.

I'm not a great lover of Sam's Town; it has two great songs IMO, "Bones" and "Where White Boys Can Dance", but other than that the album smacks of a band attempting to over-compensate their status as an American band by conveying pretensions of Americana in several of the songs. Hot Fuss was a great album; a fun, upbeat and emotional record which actually added in synths and made it work! It did fantastically well in the UK, but made only a dent in the US. For me, Sam's Town undoes the success of and trys to progress, but ends up feeling hackneyed.

I do like alot of their songs, but Brandon Flowers does need to stop emulating Morrissey a little bit; "Smile Like You Mean It" is The Killers interpretation of I Know It's Over and Brandon has gone on to say how "Midnight Show" and "Jenny Was A Friend Of Mine" all came about out of Morrissey's romance of crime aesthetic.

hmm, from what I remember, Hot Fuss actually did pretty well over here. Mr Brightside and Somebody Told Me were played alot in the clubs, and the videos were all over MTV. I love that album. Came out my last semester in college, and I wore that cd out. I still havent gotten around to properly listening to Sam's Town

Either way Brandon Flowers is one sexy mofo.

Yeah, what do you mean it made only a dent? Hot Fuss was one of the biggest albums of that year in the US. You couldn't get away from their damn songs anywhere. Don't get me wrong, I really like the Killers, but when it got to the point where even my Mom liked them, I refused to enjoy them around other people.

Sam's Town is shite. The lyrics are awful, some of the music aint bad though.

I loooved Hot Fuss when it came out. Actually, I just wore my Killers shirt last night haha, I can't wear it in public any more because it's completely worn as you all were mentioning! I listened to Sam's Town a few times, I just couldn't get myself to like it as much as their first album. I still adore Brandon Flowers' voice though. :D

Back
Top Bottom