Special FREE Smiths Night in Manchester this coming Sunday (August 12th)

Smythssinger

Special Smiths Night in Manchester this coming Sunday (August 12th)

This coming Sunday night, August 12th, the Night and Day Cafe in Manchester will host a special Smiths evening.

The Smyths will perform a set following a screening of the film "Inside The Smiths".

The evening is to commemorate both the forthcoming 20th anniversary of the Smiths final studio album "Strangeways Here We Come" and the anniversary of the band's split.

Doors open at 7 p.m. "Inside The Smiths" will be shown from 8 p.m.
The Smyths will be on stage at 9.30.

Admission £2

Night And Day Cafe, 26 Oldham Street, Manchester, M1 1JN 0161 236 4597 (www.nightnday.org)

www.thesmyths.net

Last edited:
Can you please confirm that the venerable Mr. Learmonth will be in attendance?

Excellent. I shall come and say hello to Will and then leave before the Joyce and Rourke love fest begins.

dya think it will be busy? I mean will I need to start to que on wednesday or anything?

Excellent. I shall come and say hello to Will and then leave before the Joyce and Rourke love fest begins.

Liam
I shall be back from my hols by Saturday, I'll be glad to introduce you to two living legends:D

Jukebox Jury on his last two days in the sun:cool:

Phil,

no need for you to introduce me to any legends. I already know Mr. Learnmoth very well through his Re Order connections.

I hope that those who saw the original posting on Monday have now noted the rearranged schedule: The film will show at 8 p.m followed by a live set by The Smyths at 9.30 p.m.

The night has been arranged as part of a forthcoming feature in The Independent newspaper.

Re: Special Smiths Night in Manchester this coming Sunday (August 12th)

I have since learnt that there will be an admission free. It will be a very reasonable £2. The person who told us that entry would be free has been thoroughly slapped by a stout lady resembling Hatti Jacques.

Mr Manchester, will you be attending on Sunday? I hadn't been planning to go, but seeing as it may be a chance to meet your good self andI only live round the corner i may need to make the effort.

I am planning on going along yes. I agree with Uncle Liam though when he says that Joyce and Rourke should have to pay for admission though. They werent members of The Smiths, brother.

If I do go I'll be one stood at the back moaning about how they're not playing any real songs, and also the one pestering Joyce adn Rourke about Moondog One.

Michael, I too am planning on going along, but not until after the Joyce Rourke love fest is over, but i do need to say hello to Mr. Kenn... erm... i mean Mr. Learmonth.

Michael, I too am planning on going along, but not until after the Joyce Rourke love fest is over, but i do need to say hello to Mr. Kenn... erm... i mean Mr. Learmonth.

To paraphrase Kevin Keegan a bit....
I'd love it, just love it, if when you turn up after the Joyce / Rourke love fest is over and you arrive... the place is packed and you are sent packing!:D

Jukebox Jury back from his holidays:cool:

To paraphrase Kevin Keegan a bit....
I'd love it, just love it, if when you turn up after the Joyce / Rourke love fest is over and you arrive... the place is packed and you are sent packing!:D

Jukebox Jury back from his holidays:cool:

I'll go to one of the many, many bars in manchester that are better than night and day!

If i go, the only reason i'll be there will be to say hello to Mr. Learmonth and other people.

Back
Top Bottom