The Police Concerts..

Skinner, I take it you're a drummer yourself? Sweet.

Yes, you're very right that Stewart's kit has grown to impressive proportions. That whole percussion arsenal is a new set-up for this tour.

About the double-bass: I dunno, but I strongly, strongly suspect that there was some audio enhancement going on at times. For example, during "Wrapped Around Your Finger" the marimba theme continued even after Stewart sat back down at his kit! Also, I know that I heard back-up vocals on some songs, even when Sting was the only person onstage singing. I checked this stuff out with my trusty binoculars, being an obsessive geek sort.

I too suspected that there were some background tracks as well. The exact same that you just mentioned. I couldnt recall the exact songs but there were a couple of moments when I thought to myself...according to what I am hearing, shouldn't Stewart have 3 hands right now? And there were def. backing vocal tracks as well. But I still think the performance was impressive. Sting still sounds great, Andy still nails the solos, and Stewart continues to amaze. :D

Cool! Glad you enjoyed it, Ms. Skinner.

To Buzzetta who asked about bootlegs: there are boots for every show, past and present, being shared very openly on the message boards of the official Police web site (www.thepolice.com). There are also some incredibly rare recordings like Sting's personal demos for Ghost In the Machine (including a fair amount of material that never got released), the pre-Police known as Strontium 90, and recordings of Sting with Last Exit from way, way back. I'm not sure why the official site is taking such a lenient attitude, but hey I'm damn grateful.

Many Many Many thanks

Very scared to join -
Perhaps I am reading this wrong...

For a free membership they are going to take my credit card because I only have a limited membership of a year... then they will charge me $100

I am retarded during the work year and on top of work, bills and the daily grind of life... I know I will forget when that year is up... :(

Weep no more, Buzzetta -- access to the message boards is free, all free (scroll down mid-page):
https://signup.thepolice.com/

Yeah but why do I need to give them my credit card info when registering? I was going to sign up tonight too but I can't get past that........no one asked for our credit card info here when we signed up.

Yeah but why do I need to give them my credit card info when registering? I was going to sign up tonight too but I can't get past that........no one asked for our credit card info here when we signed up.

Becuase it is a free trial for only a year. After that they bill you.

Hey,

My friends & me went on Sunday night.

The place was hot, sweaty & packed but, the band rocked.

Roxanne was my favorite.

The guys seemingly were all enjoying themselves.

I loved Andy's buttons on his guitar strap & he looked the best dressed...

I was NEVER a fan of him before but, after this gig, I'm hooked.

If you get a chance, GO...

Did you see them at the V fest in DC or in Chicago at lollapalooza? How long was there set? I was thinking of going to see them at V fest too but I was affriad their set would be cut short due to it being a festival. Andy was dressed well and I too liked the buttons. But on Friday Stewart was wearing these white pants that looked wonderful on him. I thought he looked great that night :D

Hey Skinner,

I went to the Giants Stadium show on Sunday night in Jersey.

Fictionplane were cool, started about 6:35pm.
Then, The Fratellis came on.
At 8:45, the Police came on. They played about 2.5 hours w/ 2 encores...

Let me just also say that, they did NOT need pyrotechnic support for their light show was terrific & the music spoke for itself...

God Bless the bands that ARE cool enough NOT to use pyro...

You are very right on that point. I loved how you knew it was Roxanne before they started playing it because of the red light. haha. I enjoyed thier light show very much so. They are coming back to Philadlephia in November, I might get tickets for that show as well.

I loved Andy's buttons on his guitar strap & he looked the best dressed...

I was NEVER a fan of him before but, after this gig, I'm hooked.

What were the buttons of? When I saw him last month, it looked like he had a South Park guitar strap, it said that "oh my God they killed Kenny" line or however it goes.

I'm currently reading Andy's autobiography "One Train Later" -- it's *excellent*. I'm about two-thirds the way through.

I was thinking of going to that myself but, I have 3 trips to Europe coming...

I am now a fan but, not a fanatic. My Aunt even came, ha and she's a FANATIC. (44 y/o too)

That rift is fantastic.

Long live them & if you all get a chance to go, Go....

Yeah I think my mother really wants to see that show in November. I've seen a bunch of bands with her, Clapton a few times, REM, Metallica, Tom Petty, Steely Dan etc. I have her to thank for my interest in rock music so I think I owe her a trip to see the Police.

I understand not wanting to pay 100 bucks per ticket though if you have a trip to Europe soon. Save your US dollars. They aren't worth shit over there :(

What was everyone's favorite song? Mine was Roxanne, Walking on the Moon & Every Little Thing.... the crowd was STOKINGLY crazy but, I loved it![/QUOTE]

For me it was Synchronicity II. Hands down. Or Every Little thing... due to the supreme drums.

Last edited:
Here's a pretty good pic of Andy's South Park guitar strap:

400_NY_PoliceAndy_Retna.jpg

He wore the same outfit when I saw them in July! I hope he has multiples, or a personal laundry service :)

Actually, all three dudes wear the same thing every night, and the set list is the same, and Sting tells the same jokes. I don't know why. This isn't the way they used to do it.

Just read a blurb today in the RedEye (a condensed Tribune for those of us with short attention spans):
The first leg of the Police reunion tour has grossed $107.5 million with the highest grossing venue being their 2 days at Wrigley Field -bringing in $9.5 million alone. CHA CHING! Chicago! Represent!

I agree the show wasn't the be all, end all -but it was really great to hear so many good tunes. I thought they sounded great. My faves, Synch 2, Walking on the Moon, Driven to Tears, Walking in your Footsteps. Guess I like the older stuff - but I AM older stuff ;) The crowd at Wrigley was a bit subdued which never helps...but the energy came from their #1 hits for sure. Nice stage set up too. Nothing too over the top. I'd say the nostalgia act was worth my $100 ticket.

WELCOME TO THE STEWART COPELAND SHOW!
100_7630.jpg

Just bought my tickets for Novermber 3rd in Atlantic City NJ. If a decent deal comes up for a decent seat at MSG on Halloween I may go there as well. I cannot wait for this show.

My mom and dad like The Police. They're into oldies.

Sir, you're on a Morrissey fan site, and Mozza ain't exactly a spring chicken either -- he's only about 7 years younger than Sting and Stewart Copeland.

Back
Top Bottom