The Michael Vick Thread

Cassius

Apparently, now some unimaginative journalists want to turn this into a race issue.

(By the way, the last line in that article is the worse closing line ever.)

I think that anyone who wants to profit from any type of cruelty should get in trouble. I can't understand why anybody is supporting him at all. He's disgusting, and I hope he is justly punished.

So what do you think?

Apparently, now some unimaginative journalists want to turn this into a race issue.

I think that anyone who wants to profit from any type of cruelty should get in trouble. I can't understand why anybody is supporting him at all. He's disgusting, and I hope he is justly punished.

So what do you think?

I think its horrible; if I was black, I would be mad at VICK not anyone else. He's got power, fame, is supposedly a role model to all children everywhere as a great football player... WTF is he doing holding ghetto dogfighting rings and training camps on his property!? At the very least, its a stupid career move. I hope he doesnt play football anymore.

That's Three People....So.... :p

smurf.gif

Nosey --Smurf who likes to get into everyones business.

So what do you think?

I think the whole point of the article was that we shouldn't be deciding on his punishment BEFORE he has been found guilty by a court. I don't support him in any way, I don't know him, but I do support following the correct procedures as laid out by the laws of the land. If it turns out he is guilty of permitting this on his land, or taking part in any way, then go for him.

The racial devide was interesting, but to say that all the blacks came out to supoprt the black man, and whites turned up to hang him may be a gross over simplification.

The racial devide was interesting, but to say that all the blacks came out to supoprt the black man, and whites turned up to hang him may be a gross over simplification.

I'm not sure what you meant by "over simplification", but I think you meant exaggeration. If so, I am inclined to agree with you. I hardly think that this is the case.

People ALWAYS make Race an issue even when it IS NOT...

He could have had children back there fighting each other with knives...and people would still have said he is being persecuted because of his race...

Those people need to wake up and talk to the people who suffered REAL Racism before the Civil Rights Acts...

I think the whole point of the article was that we shouldn't be deciding on his punishment BEFORE he has been found guilty by a court. I don't support him in any way, I don't know him, but I do support following the correct procedures as laid out by the laws of the land. If it turns out he is guilty of permitting this on his land, or taking part in any way, then go for him.

it was his property, and there was an awful lot going on. while youre right everyone gets due process, when theres dead bodies in someones house, they get in trouble pretty fast and people judge them, and the same is happening to Vick, its his ultimately his property his responsibility, so people are going to be mad about it and I cannot blame them. Im one of them. Its just sad. I even heard they tortured some dogs on their last legs outside of the ring. At least it puts a spotlight on dogfighting that some ppl probably think doesnt happen anymore...

it was his property, and there was an awful lot going on. while youre right everyone gets due process, when theres dead bodies in someones house, they get in trouble pretty fast and people judge them, and the same is happening to Vick, its his ultimately his property his responsibility, so people are going to be mad about it and I cannot blame them. Im one of them. Its just sad. I even heard they tortured some dogs on their last legs outside of the ring. At least it puts a spotlight on dogfighting that some ppl probably think doesnt happen anymore...

You make a very good point - the old 'Every cloud has a silver lining' approach. If this publicity can prevent further dog fighting then something good may come out of it.

I understand the urge to get mad quickly about things, I do it myself, I know. :o But I think that the "You should die like a dog" approach is a step too far. Do these people ever actually think about what they are saying?

whew thank goodness. then whatever you said wasn't anything i didnt think of already.

The best way to deal with those insults is to put on a sad face and reply calmly..."My Mother is dead...You just sicken me"...and then wait for them to feel stupid....

Back
Top Bottom