Harry Potter

• Thread starter Deleted member 4260
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 4260

I just came back from a midnight showing of the new Harry Potter movie.
It was great, as usual!

But NOT ENOUGH ALAN RICKMAN SCREEN TIME. I need more Snape.

Monique

I just came back from a midnight showing of the new Harry Potter movie.
It was great, as usual!

Monique

I can't wait to see this one, it looks really dark and i too love Alan rickman. Glad you enjoyed the film :)

I'm looking forward to seeing this too!

Oooohhh! Don't tell me there's just a few scenes with him! I'm a huge Alan Rickman fan and even have framed pics on my wall, and one of them is a Snape pic. :D

Am I the only one here who things Alan is not the right cast for Snape? I love in this role but I think he's not the right one and I'm going to tell you why:

If you compare the book-Snape with the movie-Snape then they're not the same. The book-Snape is ugly, greasy hair, with yellow and not straight teeth. But the movie-Snape is sexy, good-looking and comely. Alan is not ugly and evil enough to play the book-Snape. A person like Grima Wormtongue from Lord Of The Rings would be better in this role than Alan Rickman. I know all of you are thinking different. I'm used to it. :D

But to be honest, I like the book-Snape and everytime I read a Potter book I want to speak with Snape and give him comfort! Next week book 7 is released and I can make my final journey! :)

Anyway, Alan is my favourite actor ever and I love him to see him as Snape. Very sexy.

I love Alan Rickman. I can honeslty say he is the only 60 something year old that I find so hot, it hurts.
He (Snape) played a decent size roll in the book, so I thought he would have lots of screen time in this movie. I know they had to leave things out of the movie because of the length of the book, but they left of some important stuff.
The whole Snape giving Harry lessons should have been longer, Petunia getting a howler explaining why they can't kick Harry out, nothing about the prefects. For a 2 and half hour movie, they sure did leave lots of important stuff out. The 1st hour of the movie sorta dragged also.

Well, if you're a fan of the books, you know that Snape will play a much more heavy role in the next movie and the next ;)

Monique

I just don't get the whole Harry Potter for grown-ups thing.

Well, if you're a fan of the books, you know that Snape will play a much more heavy role in the next movie and the next

Oh yes, I wonder how they want to cut his role in the Half-blood prince!!! :D

What is with the pensieves? Did they show the scene with young Snape and how he yelled at Lily? When I read this scene I thought, uh, Snape was in love with Lily! And now keep thinking about this theory and you have the reason why Snape hates Harry so much! There will be some surprises in the last book! Rowling said once that Harry's eyes are very important in the last book and his eyes are green and so was Lily's. I wonder if all my theories are coming true.

BTW, Alan is 61 years now and what is the best on him? His voice! Jesus, I fell in love with him when I heard his voice for the very first time! And he's still together with his very first girlfriend, for more than 40 years now!!! Isn't that incredible?

It's just the first two books which are children's books but then the books become more and more complex and gloomy and dark and evil and they aren't children's books any more.

Rowling created a complex world which is more exciting than Lord Of The Rings or another fantasy books. All the little details.... And to be honest, Rowling has a very funny way to write and she's not very prissy. They're dying like flies from book three and further.

Well, I was 18 when the first one came out, my mum gave it to me as a present when I was in hospital, and after I'd finished it, I was hooked!

But to be honest, I like the book-Snape and everytime I read a Potter book I want to speak with Snape and give him comfort! Next week book 7 is released and I can make my final journey! :)

I officially nominate this as the Book 7 Countdown Thread. Who's going to be waiting in line at midnight Friday? Do you UKers get first dibs at the book, while those of us at GMT+5 have to wait that much longer?

I officially nominate this as the Book 7 Countdown Thread. Who's going to be waiting in line at midnight Friday? Do you UKers get first dibs at the book, while those of us at GMT+5 have to wait that much longer?

If so I'm going to throw a hissy fit. :mad:

I too like Alan Rickman, my favorite movie he was in was "Michael Collins". If you haven't seen it, watch it, it's a great movie, very passsionate.

If so I'm going to throw a hissy fit. :mad:

I too like Alan Rickman, my favorite movie he was in was "Michael Collins". If you haven't seen it, watch it, it's a great movie, very passsionate.

Alan Rickman was great in Dogma

these evil books lead children into witchcraft

Harry Potter should be banned along with Huckleberry Hound and Pokemon

but if they're going to get into that stuff, I think listening to Iron Maiden is a better way to go.

Harry Potter should be banned along with Huckleberry Hound and Pokemon

yea... down with anything that gets kids (of all ages) reading... :mad:

What does it matter who reads what? Would you rather they watch nothing but Dora the Explorer on the tv for hours at a time?

The Church Of England is going to use Harry Potter to spread the Gospel Of Jesus...

Interesting concept...

Who's going to be waiting in line at midnight Friday?

I pre-ordered it and will buy it on Saturday and the rest of the weekend I'm not reachable! :D

these evil books lead children into witchcraft

First: there's no witchcraft in our world, really. It's just a story. ;) You've never read the books, haven't you?

Second: the books are far from being evil. Quite the contrary. The books teach how important friendship is and the love of the parents and to decide for the right side and not the easy one. It shows that we should always fight for the good side even if beloved people die or even when it's difficult. The books are the best what could happen to children.

Back
Top Bottom